1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The arc of the mitochondrial universe is long, but it bends toward optimization

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Foxglove, Jul 20, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I drank a shit ton of mineral water. ------>> unrefined salt

autoimmune disease. ----->> selenium + Lugols

too much weight----->stay on a left (blue) side of chart

[​IMG]

2. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Alright. Is pink Himalayan salt ok? I have some regular l-selenomethionine. I'll skip the magnesium for now and do those instead. I'm 5'4" and I'm usually between 120-130. I never weigh myself, but I just checked and I'm 123.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No to himalayan, get redmont.
    no to whatever selenomethionine, get the one I tested and know that it works.
    5'4" 120# is just right
    ------------------------------
    get this two lamps
    Red Sperti
    850nm
    as I mentioned before, look them up in PG/E2 thread

850nm is IR-A exposure to it builds skin callus so you will have easier time to utilize UV-A & UV-B and get suntan (everywhere on 100% of you skin and some mucus.

Do not use magnesium or anything else that you can test using Spectracell Micronutrient test.
    Do that test and then you will know if you need it.
    ------
    Skin pictures that you posted do not look healthy.
    Get your skin callus asap and work on a suntan (vit D, vit A)---->helps with Hashi and other autoimmunes.
    Vit D --- eat sulfur-->garlic, onions, leeks, MSM
    Vit A---- carotenes, carrots, peppers

Have you ever had Metabolic test done?
    Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive
    What was your
    Sodium ???
    What is your blood pressure?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  4. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

I am working on that tan as we speak.

I eat Wahls Protocol, and one of her rules is to eat all your colors and sulfur every day. I've got that part down.

The only labs I have on my device right now is the April set. I get these every six months. Later I can post past tests, if you want.

Attached Files:

5. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

My blood pressure is always on the low-normal side. I don't have any records of it.

6. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

LOL. There IS a reason why I'm here, so...

This morning I did outside for maybe an hour before UVB rise. It got cut short because clouds rolled in.

I had already ordered some 800nm ExoTerra infrared basking lights (2x 50W) because I'm ballin' on a budget here. $19 total.

Used those for a little bit last night right after sunset. Again this am after my morning walk and breakfast (because the clouds cut short my IR/UVA time outside this morning).

THEN I sat out at the pool from 10:15 to 12:15! (Solar noon is 12:53 today.) Turning over, front and back. Never thought I could stay out that long! I'm pink on my stomach and shoulders. Think I overdid those. But for the first time I'm getting freckles on my thighs and the underside of my arms. The skin on my nose is smooth and not all rosacea-fied. So I'm pretty excited!

What do you do for small burns? I have aloe. Is that allowed?

caroline likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[qu ote="Foxglove, post: 219847, member: 20372"]LOL. There IS a reason why I'm here, so...

This morning I did outside for maybe an hour before UVB rise. It got cut short because clouds rolled in.
    ------

Do not avoid UV-b
    just use it to the capacity you have (so you do not burn (anywhere).
    Every day little bit ahead.

==============================

I had already ordered some 800nm ExoTerra infrared basking lights (2x 50W) because I'm ballin' on a budget here. $19 total.
    --
    It is worth the $ you spend, return it.

============================================

Used those for a little bit last night right after sunset. Again this am after my morning walk and breakfast (because the clouds cut short my IR/UVA time outside this morning).

THEN I sat out at the pool from 10:15 to 12:15! (Solar noon is 12:53 today.) Turning over, front and back. Never thought I could stay out that long! I'm pink on my stomach and shoulders. Think I overdid those. But for the first time I'm getting freckles on my thighs and the underside of my arms. The skin on my nose is smooth and not all rosacea-fied. So I'm pretty excited!

What do you do for small burns? I have aloe. Is that allowed?[/quote]
    ==================
    Avoid burns.
    If you cannot help it, go for MT-2

===============================

8. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Ok, my discretionary income every month is literally $100. I have to do some things now and put off the rest until later. I'm sorry, it's not going to perfect. I'm doing the best I can right now, and that's all I can give.

caroline likes this.
  9. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

And by the way, I have already been using the Redmont salt for about 5 years now. So I hope that's done something good.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Same here, but I was not salting my food that much.
    My BP was always near 140/90
    Now I am licking salt and keep what sticks to my tongue without chasing it with water.
    So I am using more of it. My BP went to 109/72, just measured.

//

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2017-7-23_15-39-14.png

Your sodium is ok, but you can eat more salt.
    Vit D should be in top of range or lots more.
    Alkaline Phosphatase low
    You may have a problem getting orgasm. How is it actually?
    Indicate missing lots of nutrients that
    Spectracell Micronutrient analysis can figure out ($390, over internet)

When you do thyroid analysis get this first:
    cortisol,serum(7;30AM)
    FreeT3
    RT3

and then whatever else

///////////////

12. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

lol I have no problems getting an orgasm!! I have more problems with orgasms getting me into trouble. ;)

I probably should eat more salt...

What is alkaline phosphatase??

I have seen a functional medicine person who may be able to give me that serum cortisol next month. Do I have to get the RT3 at the same time? She could probably do that.

caroline and JanSz like this.
  13. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

So here is my projected timeline right now... I'm still changing up my schedule to eat breakfast instead of dinner and get more sun. I didn't mention it, but I also cut down to 1/2 caffeinated cup of coffee and I'm drinking it after 9 so it doesn't mess up my cortisol cycle. I'm eating more seafood and more salt.

In a couple months I should have more money for the tests. I'll plan on getting my sun for the next 3 months and doing a better job of cutting the blue light on my skin. I've paid attention to my eyes but not my skin exposure. In October I think I could get a micronutrient analysis and then I'll know what is still messed up after I make those other changes.

JanSz likes this.
  14. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Also, you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't avoiding UVB, it was just cloudy. I went back out at 10:15. I had no idea what my sun capacity was. Last summer I was on Plaquenil and that changes how your skin reacts. I actually got a rash when I sat in the sun, so I was trying to stay out for as long as possible without a rash. For this summer, I just had no clue. As you can tell from the picture of my leg, I've never been "allowed" to lay out the sun without protection. I probably sat out for 15 minutes too long and got pink areas. Oh well. Now I know for next time. I'm still happy because the rest of my skin is looking good. I'm taking it one day at a time, and I'm seeing progress. :)

caroline and JanSz like this.
  15. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

I screwed up. My skin looks worse now. I thought it was just the pink you get that will fade, but I know a couple parts are burned. I got out of the sun an hour before solar noon, as soon as my skin felt like it was getting hot. It was really only a couple minutes between gathering my stuff and leaving. My arms and other parts that were already tan are fine. I've been sitting out in am/pm and Low UVB light for three days in a row. This morning I had tan lines all around my bikini from yesterday, and my stomach was starting to look browner, so I thought it would be okay. But today it got pink and burned anyway. I don't understand what I did wrong. I thought a tan was supposed to keep you from burning.

16. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Ugggh ... I'm watching the Wunsch video again. And I again read the Patreon posts about building the solar callus. Now I have a couple thoughts on this...

Wunsch says that your body needs to know that it's either summer or winter through seasonal cycles. That means from daylight hours and melatonin throughout the year. Also the color of the light outside. Maybe I've been so deprived of outdoor light in my eyes, and melatonin in my skin, that it just wasn't prepared.

Now for the histidine problem.... I have autoimmune issues and low vitamin D. This means I have crappy skin, and not just because it's pale. It's compromised. I think I'm going to have to spend more time with the IR and UVA to get my skin prepped. I obviously don't have the histidine, UCA or carotenoids I need. The whole barrier of my skin is bad.

It IS getting better though. I can tell on the areas with less powerful UBV exposure that my skin is soft and smooth and shiny like it's supposed to be, not flaky and puffy. So there's that. I also succeeded in getting freckles on a larger part of my body than I can ever remember since childhood. So I'm going to continue with what I did right and focus on the regenerative aspects. I won't tip the scales too far toward predominantly UVB light yet, since my skin already has some toxic light damage. I'm going out when the balance is tipped toward the healing wavelengths.

This time of year I usually burn within 10 minutes at 2:15pm, which is one hour after solar noon. I burned today at right about that light level. However, in the morning I can do at least 3 hours of the weakest UVB of the day, 8-10, and yesterday I didn't burn at 3:30-5. So, I think I am going to have to cut out the 2 hours before and after solar noon, 11-3pm. Reduce my blue light exposure, especially blackouts at night so my skin isn't damaged, build up my tissues, and try again. I was not sleeping well this week, I was going to bed early and not getting the UVA/IR outside either. Since it's hot, I've been staying inside more than earlier this year. I'm also really bad about having the TV on after dark and my skin being exposed. That probably had something to do with it. Now I just hope the pink areas of my skin heal quickly. :(

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you doing C/T? have you read the protocols?

This is all about the three legged stool .....sun, water and magnetism.

Dr. K. always tells us that the best Doctor is the one in our head ...... trust your instincts. Everyone's n=1 is different.

Also - testing is just a moment in time.

All this testing costs a lot of money - most of us can't afford it ..... if you can they are a good marker.

Most important light is early morning and late afternoon. Keep listening to all Jack's podcasts! You listened to Jack's Vermont talk?
    sorry - I don't have time to go back and read all of your journal - later.

Brent Patrick and Foxglove like this.
  18. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

That's ok! :) I have listened to the Vermont talk. I'm working on the leptin reset, getting am sunlight, eating in the morning. I think I have listened to all the podcasts. I need to re listen to some of them. I read the C/T Protocol but right now I'm just doing cold showers. I checked and our library doesn't have Dr K or Gerald Pollack or Going Somewhere... I'll find them online. So I'm on my way. I think the most recent change is trying to eat a ton of seafood instead of regular meat and dairy, for now.

Small changes. I am a little overwhelmed with my life at the moment. But I am sticking to it. Thank you so much.

caroline likes this.
  19. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

So my skin looks 85-90% better this morning. I do have a couple very mild burned areas. But I'm relieved. I looked in the mirror last night and thought "WTF?" It's almost like it was an allergic reaction.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Having lots of orgasms is a plus.
    Hormone oxytocin is highly valuable.
    Specially if you can enjoy them non-inhibited in any way.
    So, no alcohol, no drugs, no birth control pills and I think no IUD.
    If that would lead you to shady males companion, vibrator may be a better choice.

Brent Patrick and caroline like this.