1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tetracycline and bones

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Billybats, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

What is in or what does tetracycline do to bones to cause them to glow under black light. I took it for a few months over 20 years ago. While I was on it I felt as though my bones where going to break. I felt like my body was aging fast so I stopped immediately. Very painful.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The persistence of tetracycline fluorescence in body tissues is critically dependent solely upon interactions occurring between the naphthacenecarboxamidenucleus of tetracyclinemolecules and physiologically “available” calcium ion aggregates. As a corollary, it obviously follows that when undemineralized tissue sections are examined in ultraviolet light, induced yellow-gold tetracycline fluorescence will not be found in normally autofluorescent (bluish) tissues which have either an absent or markedly diminished blood supply or those which possess, despite adequate vascularity, low contents of calcium ions in equilibrium with the extracellular fluid phase.

Antibiotics of the tetracycline series (tetracycline, chlortetracycline, and oxytetracycline) were administered to human subjects and laboratory animals under a variety of clinical and experimental conditions. The drugs were administered orally to human subjects in the usually employed clinical schedule (one to two grams per day) and by the oral and all parenteral routes to male and female animals of varying ages in doses from 0.1 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. In all circumstances, brilliant yellow-gold induced fluorescence was detectable in ultraviolet light (365 nm) following administration of each of the drugs.

In the animals the induced fluorescence was apparent in diffusely distributed tissues, with the exception of the brain, almost instantaneously following intravenous injection and within thirty minutes of intraperitoneal administration. It persisted for approximately six hours in all tissues and was undetectable grossly in soft tissues twelve to twenty-four hours later. Long and flat bones, however, and the incisor teeth of rodents as well, showed the persistence of the fluorophore for prolonged periods of time. Striking fluorescence was observed after doses in the range of fifty to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body weight and unequivocal, minimal fluorescence could be detected with doses in the range of 0.2 milligrams per kilogram of body weight.

Localization and intensity of the bone fluorophor,e which appears to be a chemically unaltered drug, was entirely unaffected by the route of administration, by the dosing schedule employed, or by the sex of the individual. Microscopically, localization in bone appeared to be limited to regions of true new-bone proliferation (mineral and matrix phases) in both adult and young animals and in both normal and certain pathological conditions. This localization accounted for the gross pattern observed in young animals and for the characteristic cream-colored type of induced fluorescence typical of adult animals. No differences in localization could be detected between all species observed, including humans, except on the basis of the relative physiological age of the particular bone region examined.

drezy likes this.