1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Testing Deuterium in Food and Water

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Tim Enright, Jul 14, 2019.

1. I found a source that can test water, organic liquids and solids for their deuterium levels. The pricing for water is $50 and organic liquids is $80. I have applied for testing and will be sending some samples off soon. We have a spring close so I want to test the water there. I want to find an answer to my green juice question so I would like to test this. I have several slots available for more testing if anyone here is interested we could send them in together.

It's not difficult to open an account with the laboratory but thought we might coordinate our efforts together. I was hoping the folks at Center for Deuterium Depletion were a little more open with their test results so that many could benefit from the work that is being done (it's not really their data as others had to pay them to get samples tested).

Anyway, here is the laboratory I am going to use. Join me if you wish...

http://www.isotechlabs.com/analytical/isotope/hydrogen.html

Marko Pollo and God loves you like this.
  2. Im very interested in this. I would like to test my well water and the juice of vegetables grown with same water, paying attention to growth phase, plant part, variety and soil. I also have been cycling the same water through some plants im hoping is different than well water.

I believe we can figure out the deuterium cycle in our environment and select a lower deuterium diet.

Have you spoken with them? Any quanity discounts? I have also been wondering about setting up a lab. Any body interested or have an opinion on such a venture? Thanks

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

From a practical view of consumer (not scientist/researcher).
    When testing and worrying about deuterium content
    it is a good idea to keep in mind desired goals
    so as we would not fall into the trap and end up spending $$ in unwise ways.

Average drinking water have about 150ppm D/H
    It does not matter much if we are are able to locate water that is say 145ppm or even little lower,
    especially when the price for that water is high.

Per dr Boros any drinking water over 135ppm is not fit for consumption.
    Natural waters having less than 135ppm are not available.
    Per my calculation person drinking 2 liters a day that uses tap water or store bought water (150ppm) has to drink 1/2 of half a liter bottle of DDW-25 to have 135ppm on average. That is about $3.50 a day.

The amount of water that one drinks are still under-discussed.
    When talking about deuterium
    it is a subject invented/researched by dr Boros/Somlyai.
    Dr. Kruse brought it into his board as highly important.
    But now
    dr Boros supports drinking minimal amounts of water (on daily basis)
    Dr. Kruse supports drinking a lot (I think).

The less of (135ppm) water one would drink the less costly would be the additional DDW-25ppm one would have to buy.

======================================

upload_2019-7-15_9-17-4.png

Christina Gagnon and Tim Enright like this.
  4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

If that is what Dr Boros is saying, it seems to be an over generalisation. For example it's missing the biophysics of light, and the importance of understanding context. Theoretically, if as per Dr Boros hack minimal water was drunk at under 135ppm, and only less than 135 ppm deuterium foods were eaten, and presuming the deuterium depleting pathways weren't completely stuffed, I wonder how long it would be before there was a risk of lack of wound repair (as per the Somylai book where DDW was withdrawn in advance of surgery as a precaution because in some cases that could happen), or blood levels drop to a level where there wasn't enough deuterium in the blood to be "squeezed" to make UV to fight infection, either from an unexpected wound, or something that had got past our usual defences into the blood stream? :confused:

Tim Enright and JanSz like this.
  5. I share a similar interest though related more to what the plants themselves do with the deuterium. Which plants are low and what part of the plants are low and can I make a DD juice that would be cheaper and provide additional nutritional benefits. I am with you on the DD diet.

I did ask for you and the discount may start at full batch quantities between 30-50...

6. Thank you for posting your numbers. Curious if you have run the $$ numbers on using 45/65 preventa and did you see my post on 50ppm? as for testing water, I have an interest in the smaller bottlers who also bring other reasons for buying their water...

7. I think one needs to grow veggies for juicing in identical environment, with same water, soil and light environment for testing to be valid. Separation of stem, leaf, pulp, and seed before testing is probably better. Besides wheatgrass juice , Im thinking a giant zucchini or cuke, seeded before juicing might give the sweet nectar we seek.

Also suggest recording date and location together in future water samples as there could be some variation from month to month and bottling source. For example costco ro water. Is the source water the same for water sold in nj as in wa state. Also i would not be surprised by a dif between the same source tested in August or Febuary.

I would also expect a big dif between grassfed highland beef raised in Alberta, in a totally natural environment with mountain water and beef raised in say AZ on grain or dry hay of unknown origin and given water that is maybe lower quality and higher in d due to evaporation. But, maybe not. Maybe those cows getting way more sun are capable of eating an SOS diet while regulating d to optimal levels.

Another example. I believe organic Rubel(an old nj variety thought to be most nutrient dense.) Blueberries grown at higher altitude and given melt water will have less d than a modern variety selected for sugar content, size, yield ect; grown in the south with water of unknown condition and with chemical fertilizers. Again, who knows which variables really matter?

Maybe the mineralization of the soil, think silica, makes a difference.

I have read that potatoes grown for max yield are given mostly potassium to make spuds big, fluffy and carbolishious while spuds grown with more p than k will have a higher protein to starch ratio.
    Thanks.

8. I understand that they environment plays a big part in the levels of D in the plant itself. What I am most interested in is how the plants handle the D, what parts are the most edible and which plants are the most edible. Basically I am wanting to know the risk associated with the food that I am eating and what parts are less risky than others. Knowing the best and worst case scenarios would also be helpful for me as I move forward...

9. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

Do you know if Dr. Kruse still plans on selling deterium-depleted water?