1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tell-Tell Signs and Symptoms of Poor Mitochondrial Function...

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Ricky Lynn, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Ricky Lynn

Ricky Lynn Platinum Member

I am currently watching the Mitochondrial Rx Webinar and picking up some things. I suspect now, and have for some time that my mitochondria aren't in great shape. My lipids via an NMR Profile were jacked up the last time I checked and I definitely need to check into getting a CoQ10 lab done. My question is, are their any common symptoms or tell-tell signs that things have gone wrong with my little ATP factories? I mean, obviously this is where a lot of diseases start but I would like to catch it before it becomes a diagnosis of an illness.

Here is what I have noticed over the past couple of years:
    1. A pretty dramatic decline in my energy capacity with exercise. I get winded a lot easier and faster than I use to. My muscles fatigue faster and burn like crazy, so am am thanking I am probably producing more lactate through glycolysis. I have very little capacity for any kind of sustained intensity. My heart rate climbs a lot sooner and faster than it once did.
    2. I get severely over-heated a lot easier than I use to as well. I can't do hot yoga anymore, I have to leave the room halfway into the class. I use to work outside in Texas heat when I was younger with zero issues at all. Heat as never been an issue for me until recently.

Does any of this sound like I am on the right track?

2. Ricky Lynn

How effective is it to take a Coq10 supplement? And how much should I be taking? Definitely going to get a lab panel on this one.

3. Anne V

Anne V Silver

Hi Ricky,
    I am new , and have not seen the Mito rx web .
    i live in the UK, and had a problem (cardio)
    i had an HRV test done,i had very low power output.
    i do take CoQ10, and since the pwr output has gone up a lot. still needs more
    but i do feel a big difference.(when exercising as well)
    i believe it needs a level high enough to be able to repair.
    otherwise i am learning here the basics that i implement, as luckily we had good wx.
    How much you should take is impossible to say. u need somebody who has a clue to see ur results.
    Best

Jason Coates and Ricky Lynn like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Your symptoms say your mitochondria are not ready for what you're doing. Back off and build the solar callus.

Jim Laird and Ricky Lynn like this.
  5. Ricky Lynn

Thank you Dr. Kruse! This is what I am here for.

6. Ricky Lynn

I've never heard of the Solar Callus! Here I go, down the rabbit hole... again! LOL

7. Ricky Lynn

Thanks for the Feedback Anne. I use the Heart Math HRV. My HRV isn't to bad but I will pay attention to that with my CoQ10 dosing. Will be interesting to see.

8. drezy

drezy New Member

Start by never missing AM light on as much of your body as possible.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Some redox measures: High glucose levels, high insulin levels, low RBC uric acid and vitamin C levels, anemia, B12 deficiency, Vitamin D deficiency, high BUN/Creat ratio's, iron and ferritin issues and low Vitamin A levels in retinol binding protein, AMD, AD, Parkinson's disease, myopia, poor sleep.

10. Ricky Lynn

Thanks Drezy! I have been doing that as much as I can.

Jack, thanks for giving me those markers. I have had issues with some of those in the past. I will get another panel done soon to re-access. I have had issues with some of those markers in the past. I am going to invest some time this weekend studying up on Solar Callus. My ViT D levels were around 60ng/dL last time I was tested. I was taking D3 though.

I take a beef liver supplement form Ancestral Supplements (New Zealand, grass-fed) that is Dried Beef Liver in a capsule to increase Retinal A. I am going to start eating it as well once i can find a good source for it (and get past the metallic taste.) I may just get some liverwurst from US Wellness meats and choke it down. :p

11. Ricky Lynn

"Melatonin is the hormone that repairs mtDNA damage in humans." -BOOM! I did not know that. Does that apply to all of the cells of the body?

Definitely going to up my game on the AM sunlight for IR-A and with it getting cold I can make it a Cold Thermo/Solar Callus combo mourning with a large protein heavy meal for my SCN. Going to start eating the shell of crustaceans and taking an Astaxanthin supplement. Debating on taking an oyster shell supplement since you obviously can't eat those.

Question: Are there any things I will notice once I have restored my solar callus, other than not getting sunburn? And, what is my next course of study once I have done so? Just point me in the right direction.

12. Ricky Lynn

Crazy, now that I am doing my daily morning sun worshipping, I have noticed a pretty significant decrease in my hunger. Soaking up electrons and building my solar callus. Jack talks about how you won’t need to eat as much when you’re doing this stuff but, it is pretty cool to experience it.

I did buy a TheraBulb IR-A Light to use when I first wake up which is around 5:30am. I did this so I could see without turning on any blue or green light. I then do my meditation for about an hour. Then I still have another hour before the sun comes up. Is that going to mess up what I am trying to do? Seemed logical.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I do that but only 2 hrs before bed time.

For me sun raises when I get up.
    When I wake up
    I turn all lights. (No transition (may be I should implement that??)
    In area that you are covering now, I have one lamp similar to yours
    and 4 red 660nm 36W each
    and since recently 1500W heater (for the
    1538.5nm (IR-B)
    I am hoping for)

upload_2018-10-27_11-21-11.png

upload_2018-10-27_11-5-14.png

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

15. Ricky Lynn

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Lindsay Alfieri likes this.
  17. Penny

Penny New Member

I thought melanopsin detected the *change* between dark and blue light at sunrise=>missing the sunrise and a few minutes beforehand is a fail?

18. Penny

Penny New Member

Ditch the coq10 and caritine and take methylene blue instead - way more effective:) I do 4 drops in a gallon of water per day -

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/methylene-blue-the-cheapest-cognitive-enhancer/

https://www.amazon.com/Kordon-Methy...qid=1541091054&sr=8-3&keywords=methylene+blue

vitamin c appears to reduce melanogenesis - we want to increase melanin so that would be a fail...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3673383/
    When choosing a depigmenting agent, it is important to differentiate between substances that are toxic to the melanocyte and substances that interrupt the key steps of melanogenesis. Vit. C falls into the latter category of depigmenting agents. Vit. C interacts with copper ions at the tyrosinase-active site and inhibits action of the enzyme tyrosinase, thereby decreasing the melanin formation. Vit. C also acts on the perifollicular pigment.[5,7,8] However, Vit. C is an unstable compound. It is therefore often combined with other depigmenting agents such as soy and liquorice for better depigmenting effect.[7]

ROS is a signal to repair and this signal is lost when one takes: vitamin A, C, E, D
    https://joshmitteldorf.scienceblog.com/2012/11/19/anti-oxidants-a-disappointment-or-worse/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8127329

The effect of vitamin E and beta carotene on the incidence of lung cancer and other cancers in male smokers.
    Alpha-Tocopherol, Beta Carotene Cancer Prevention Study Group.
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    Epidemiologic evidence indicates that diets high in carotenoid-rich fruits and vegetables, as well as high serum levels of vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) and beta carotene, are associated with a reduced risk of lung cancer.

METHODS:
    We performed a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled primary-prevention trial to determine whether daily supplementation with alpha-tocopherol, beta carotene, or both would reduce the incidence of lung cancer and other cancers. A total of 29,133 male smokers 50 to 69 years of age from southwestern Finland were randomly assigned to one of four regimens: alpha-tocopherol (50 mg per day) alone, beta carotene (20 mg per day) alone, both alpha-tocopherol and beta carotene, or placebo. Follow-up continued for five to eight years.

RESULTS:
    Among the 876 new cases of lung cancer diagnosed during the trial, no reduction in incidence was observed among the men who received alpha-tocopherol (change in incidence as compared with those who did not, -2 percent; 95 percent confidence interval, -14 to 12 percent). Unexpectedly, we observed a higher incidence of lung cancer among the men who received beta carotene than among those who did not (change in incidence, 18 percent; 95 percent confidence interval, 3 to 36 percent). We found no evidence of an interaction between alpha-tocopherol and beta carotene with respect to the incidence of lung cancer. Fewer cases of prostate cancer were diagnosed among those who received alpha-tocopherol than among those who did not. Beta carotene had little or no effect on the incidence of cancer other than lung cancer. Alpha-tocopherol had no apparent effect on total mortality, although more deaths from hemorrhagic stroke were observed among the men who received this supplement than among those who did not. Total mortality was 8 percent higher (95 percent confidence interval, 1 to 16 percent) among the participants who received beta carotene than among those who did not, primarily because there were more deaths from lung cancer and ischemic heart disease.

CONCLUSIONS:
    We found no reduction in the incidence of lung cancer among male smokers after five to eight years of dietary supplementation with alpha-tocopherol or beta carotene. In fact, this trial raises the possibility that these supplements may actually have harmful as well as beneficial effects.

Ricky Lynn likes this.
  19. Penny

Penny New Member

try a tsp of baking soda with exercise - in fact, during the day, suck on either carbonated (like baking soda) water like Gerolsteiner and add lemon juice -
    try face dunks of ice water with ice water - quite refreshing - also, remember to watch your potassium levels - see the redox rx for more on that - you might look into the wonders of potassium bicarbonate -

Ricky Lynn likes this.
  20. Ricky Lynn