1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Television

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Saichi, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Best thing is no TV obviously but my mother watches one so I finally did a hack where I taped .003 rubylith that I cut 44" x 25" and duct taped the edges around the entire LED TV. At first thought it would be too dark but turned up the brightness all the way which you want anyways to prevent flicker and reduced the contrast a little. Came out perfect and don't have to worry about BL hitting skin anymore near or after sunset. Also nice not having to wearing blockers inside.

kim johnson and Katie Durham like this.
  2. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

I never installed it because I thought it would be to dark. Thanks for pointing out I should be able to adjust the brightness.

I have a tiny piece covering the display on my phone at work. Too dark, but I can remove it when it matters.

3. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I also cut a piece for my laptop screen which I place behind a stiffer gel to hold it in place. The red gel's on all day and then I add the rubylith behind it at night. I never got passed the trial version of Iris which didn't work at all because it requires use of my camera which I never consent to and doubt it's as red as it should be anyways.

I replaced my fridge regular incandescent to red incandescent.

Once you go all red light inside after sunset you start noticing just how strong the blue/green is on electronic device displays. Had to put rubylith over my dvr and dvd boxes as well.

The apple logo on the back of Apple laptops are crazy bright blue! Of course rubylithed now.

4. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

@Saichi where do you buy the rubylith .003? Says currently unavailable on amazon. Which source is best?

Duchess Sunshine likes this.
  5. Ibrahim

Ibrahim New Member