1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Teeth thread: Add all things teeth

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jul 21, 2012.

1. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

So, here I am bumping an old thread for my own good: :p

Three years ago I managed to heal an old cavity in one of my upper teeth which had been lingering for a number of years. This was when I had started vit D supplementation. I was quite happy with the bewildered look my dentist gave me when he saw that I had managed to heal that cavity using low-carb and vit D!

Fost forward until two months ago, when my dental hygienist noticed that the cavity was back with a vengeance. Of course I was very disappointed believing that that very cavity was a thing of the past. I talked to my dentist and he agreed that we could wait and see. Unluckily now the tooth has started aching slightly so: enter panic! :eek:

Do you have any suggestions about how I should do? Of course I would like to heal the cavity naturally as I did three years ago, but at the same time, I do not want to risk needing a root canal.

Supplements:

1. Calcium 450 mg daily (due to very low whole blood calcium in latest lab).
    2. Magnesium 300 mg daily (midrange whole blood mag in latest lab).
    3. Thorne K2-MK4 5 mg (5 drops) daily. Started 2 months ago.
    4. Vitamin D3. 7500 IU daily. (205 nmol/l in latest lab).

Remarks:

1. My whole blood vit A is in the middle of the range. Should I supplement cod liver oil or retinol anyway?
    2. My HDL has dropped to a scaringly low 42. Has my gut becoming a sieve affected my oral health? :confused:
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

big sign your redox is under attack. re read the redox Rx and see what I said about pulp testing.........ties directly to this latest bump
  3. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

Thanks Dr Kruse for your quick reply! Could you please elaborate more about the redox part? For me this is like discovering rising water inside my boat and not knowing whether to run to the pumps or to start looking for the leak. :eek:

Local CT near the tooth (ie, having an ice cube next to the tooth), would that improve the redox significantly?
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No I can't.......the blog and the blogs since that time have been very clear..........and if you have not read them then you would ask me to be clear........so I'd suggest a read or re read .
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  5. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

I have read them all since you started blogging so rereading it is...Thx
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The comments in OSF 1 and 5 should be eye openers then
  7. Jude

Jude Gold

Noticed yr Vit D @ 205... that's a good level already:)...7500 daily on top could be called over kill!:eek:
    Perhaps there has been a change in your exposure to emf's?...they are the quickest way to blow out redox and luckily/unluckily, your tooth cavity is your ...canary ?
    Good luck:)
  8. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

Jude, you might be spot on, but hopefully not. According to my trimeter, the EMF levels in my bedroom are very low, but I have yet to measure at work. Might be EMF nightmare...
    Jude likes this.
  9. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

When I took loads of NSAIDs 3 years ago I noticed immediately my teeth go from okay to poor. My gums receded massively and started bleeding a lot at first, I know NSAIDs can cause this. But afterwards, and when I stopped taking the NSAIDs, my teeth turned yellow, tongue got coated, breath started to stink, and plaque built up. None of this has gone away since.

I wonder if it is bacteria causing this or just my overall decline in health/energy...
  10. Jude

Jude Gold

Seems like you need some Vit K2...it's a wonderworker....especially for gum/teeth health and a whole lot more..healthy vascular system and bone health.
    Recommend you read JK's 3 part blog on osteopososis-really explains the the magic of K2.
    Folk with leaky gut and no gallbladder are just some who may need this.
    This series was one of my fav early reads.:)
    seanb4 likes this.
  11. Brother John

Brother John Silver

I have always had pretty good teeth and seldom see a dentist. I decided to go some years without teeth cleaning. I did notice that some plaque was building up on my teeth. After doing epi paleo keto diet for about 6 months I noticed something very unusual going on in my mouth. The plaque started coming off as in just falling off... It just fell off. Little bit one day and more the next for some weeks and then it was all gone. As long as I stayed on that diet it stayed off. My teeth looked and felt Very clean and healthy..
    Now I'm eating carbs again. A high amount but not high by the Sad diet standard. And the plaque is coming back and fairly rapidly. So my conclusion is Sorentino is correct.
    Thanks!
    Brother John
    Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  12. i have pretty much been keto epi paleo for 3-4 years, only thing i notice is some calculus on back of bottom front teeth, but i am very narrowed in the lower jaw, the teeth are crammed and flat across the front (not curved with the mandible)
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator