1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Teeth thread: Add all things teeth

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I suppose if your flora is good and inflammation is down you don't need to worry about killing any bacteria in specific... your body is going to do that part for you. When I was researching the whole toothpaste thing is found out that the actual cleaning action mostly comes from your toothbrush, toothpaste has pretty little to do with it other than you gotta buy it :rolleyes: Then there is fluoride.....some people need it to not get cavities b/c it does strengthen teeth on the surface at least as I understand. So if you're SAD and high hsCRP you might want the fluoride. Epi-paleo? I think you can probably skip both.... toothpaste and fluoride. Maybe a bit of baking soda now and then. Just make sure to use a good brush and good brushing technique me thinks.

I love my ViaJet Pro. I use it multiple times a day right now b/c I want my gums to recover bit (damage from AN abuse).

2. kleinb87

kleinb87 Gold

So is teeth crowding relative to free T3 and TSH? And can the lower teeth crowding be corrected once levels are optimal? I have just experienced more front teeth crowding on my lower jaw. I know my gut flora is imbalanced and have high levels of inflammation in my body currently.

3. L8F

L8F New Member

I like a tooth oil blend from orawellness, amazing clean feeling, no sickly sweet flavor, fresh mouth. All organic oils.

4. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Well, that's fascinating. I could have sworn my teeth got more crowded in my early twenties. That could make sense of it.

I haven't read the links. How does this theory play into Price's? Clearly many children today are born with crowding. You can look at their jaws at birth and predict the type of deformity (now considered just a variation on normal) they'll have as older children, teens, and adults.

I forget to brush my teeth most days now. Maybe once every week or two I will. No stink, no cavities, no problems at all. I used to have halitosis something fierce & my kids' teeth were constantly decaying until we started the Weston Price style whole foods diet. Nobody gets cavities here now, even though our oral hygiene is far from standard. We're like the Swiss mountain kids in Nutrition & Physical Degeneration. (I'd rather have green slime & no cavities than shiny white teeth rotting away from the core!)

5. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Not sure about the green slime, MamaGrok :D !

I've been oil pulling with coconut oil for the last few months. I love it...my teeth are whiter and seem stronger, I have almost no plaque, my gums are tighter and my tongue is really clean.

seanb4 likes this.
  6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Don't worry; no green slime here. :)

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've noticed that my teeth are getting so white and pretty now. I'm really getting used to all the great side-effects of this epi-plan.

It's like Dorothy when she got to Oz. Only I don't want my eyes dyed to match my shoes...

michellehp likes this.
  8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've noticed that my teeth are getting so white and pretty now. I'm really getting used to all the great side-effects of this epi-plan.

It's like Dorothy when she got to Oz. Only I don't want my eyes dyed to match my shoes...

9. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I took my youngest (3.5) to our WAPF dentist this morning for sedation dentistry. She has cavities in all 4 of her back molars (which is devastating to me, but regardless, they need to be filled). She is very "willful," for lack of a better word. When she wants something (or when she doesn't), there is no level of redirection, that will change her perspective. She responds well by learning from her own past experiences (ie. learning the hard way).

I had already spent time explaining to her what was going to happen at the dentist's office. She took the tranquilizing med willingly, and it did sedate her to a certain extent, but not enough. She was happy to sit in the chair, and still chattering on about the blanket, and the TV, and the room, etc! With my older son (who is very much like her - moreso really!), the same med put him pretty much out, and he had no memory of the procedure. She did great for the novacaine shots, but then got very unsettled about the strange feeling of a numb mouth. Unsettled turned to panic after a minute or so of the block in her mouth to hold it open. The dentist had already started to drill one of the cavities, so it took 3 of us keep her still so she could finish the one cavity. Never mind the other ones...

It was not a good morning, to say the least. We will go back in 3 weeks, with a slightly higher dose of tranquilizer, and I'm crossing my fingers it will be enough. In the mean time, I would like to establish a one mile radius around my home - call it the "sugar-free" zone. Given my children eat a pretty solid diet, but that their father has bad teeth, what else can I do for them that might reduce the cavity load? It really is devastating to me (I have none), and disheartening to know their teeth are still rotting...

10. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

As I recall the conversation with the dentist going, some children will respond to certain sedatives by calming, some by excitation, and some by no notable change. And you can't predict which ones wiill be which. When we were still in the days of many cavities in every child, I just went with the papoose board, with me by their sides, calming them & crying along with them.

When we switched to a WAPF diet, though, all that went away. All the cavities stopped. But it's very possible that it stopped so quickly for my children b/c they may have just happened to have had guts that were ready, or some such. BTW, no one in either side of the family had bad teeth as children, but all of my children did. Heredity plays little role, IMO. Epigenetics is everything. I think that continued cavities in the face of plenty of butter, fCLO, liver, and other K2 sources might imply a malabsorption problem, especially with fat?

BTW, the worse my kids' teeth got, the more I had to eliminate grains, concentrated fruit sources, etc. Don't know if you've done that yet, but nutrient dense is super important. IMO, sugar's biggest contribution to cavities is simply taking the place of the things you need to be eating.

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Why do you need to get them filled?

I am in Finland so it might be different here.. but the dentist of my sister child found lots of cavities in her teeth (I think it was around 10 or so!) when she was around 5 yo or so. He said he will not fill them yet but let her try to suck on xylitol bonbons after every meal. They was her milch teeth that was affected so he did not see too much need to fill them if they caused no pain and the hole was not too huge. Heidi (the name of the girl) sucked on xylitol pills for about half a year and went to the dentist again. All holes were "hardened" as the dentist said and needed no threatment anymore.

I myself have some huge holes according to my dentist (about two years ago.. I was not by the dentist after). I am not filling them. I live right instead. I have had no troubles whatsoever. I believe as long as the tooth is alive there can happend a recovery, a "hardening" of the karies. I want to have as little poison in my mouth as possible. And the fillings are not really healthy, also not the stuff they put on to make the filling hold on the tooth.

If it were my child I would let her suck on xylitol often and give her proper foods and not worry anymore... she will get new, strong teeths coming out soon!

12. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I bought Spry toothpaste (has xylitol) at the dentist on the way out, and told dd this was her new speical toothpaste!! Her cavities are in all 4 of her very back molars - teeth she will have until age 12. I totally agree on minimizing treatments in a child's mouth, but I also trust my dentist's advice (she has recommended other cavities of my older child not be filled).

13. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

She was definitely calmed by the sedative, but when there's something she really really doesn't like, her last breath will be spent fighting it. I was surprised she handled the needles so well, but got more upset as the numb sensation set in. No amnesia either - she has full memories of her visit! I have been hesitant to add in fCLO on a regular basis, but I think I may get started with it. That or the fCLO butter oil combo. Our household is grain "low" (less than 1 serving/day). The kids have been eating lots of fruit over the summer, but it's dropping off as we head away from the season. Makes me wonder a little about celiac for her though. She has always been gluten free, however, I do allow her greater cross contamination freedom than I would if she were a diagnosed celiac.

14. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

For me, even 1/2 svg wheat/day was enough to keep me in health disarray. Everything changed when I dropped that half serving.

For my kids, fCLO saved their teeth. I couldn't have done it without it.

My second child was one of those resist-to-the-end kind. That's why I didn't go with sedative for him. If he was going to thrash & scream the whole time, anyway, I didn't want the additional risk of the drug.

It's a whole load of terribly, agonizing decisions for a parent to make, and I don't envy anyone currently in that position.

BTW, a British study found no benefit whatsoever to filling deciduous teeth if the child was not in pain. My kids all have loads of half-decayed, but totally frozen and no longer decaying or hurting teeth that will stay in their mouths till they fall out. Again, a very personal & agonizing decision that I have no intention of judging any other parent on. It's HARD to go against a care provider, period, and you have no guarantee of being right either way.

15. steve@wity.net

steve@wity.net New Member

16. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Teeth - yesterday I had a slice of apple (along with my am salmon), a serving of grapes (along with my scallops), and 1/4tsp of (raw) honey (along with beef for dinner). It was one of my non-ideal epi-paleo days as far as carbs go. Last night, going to bed, all my molar teeth (the outside) were so sensitive I could not touch them with the toothbrush. Unbearable sensitivity! This morning was the same. What's going on? They feel fine in my mouth (and I have no cavities, no deep pockets (a few 3s, 4s)), but there's no way I could handle any toothbrush in there. Yesterday morning and prior, there was no problem. I have noticed increased sensitivity at other times when my carb load increased. But why is this happening, and is there deficiency being revealed by this symptom that I could address?

17. Thor

Thor Banned

great reading info

18. Glen PDQ

Glen PDQ New Member

Does anyone find that K2 MK-7 does anything noticeable for the teeth and gums or is it just the K2 MK-4 (Menatetrenone) that does great things for teeth and gums? Many people have said MK-4 makes their teeth feel smooth and their gums feel silky.

What were the negative effects of very large doses of K2 MK-4 (Menatetrenone) vaguely referenced in one or more studies on it? The very large doses may have been above 35 mg if I remember correctly.

19. ColdKnight

ColdKnight New Member

Shijin, you said read bg 4 for a Jack's debunk of janners minimum carb/starch of 50 to maintain mucous membrains body-wide. I reread it and couldn't find it. You think it could be in on of the other BG series?

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Knight

I'll have to go back and check...