1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Teeth thread: Add all things teeth

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

dry lips are secondary to high cortisol shunting and lowered IgA.

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Stunned silence from Nonchalant.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Soul, too. My cortisol is rather lowish, can't find my IgA labs but I have some from years ago I think, and my lips are dry and peeling.

4. chocolate

chocolate Silver

My daughter has that right now, the dry lips. Are we blood type A's?

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Not me. I've had dry lips since I was a pre-teen. Actually, they have gotten better, I don't have to apply something every hour like I used to.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

nope, 0 over here (carnivore :cool: or maybe fishyvore?)

My dry lips came about after starting leptin rx. I blamed it on skiing and the cold/wind during the winter. Well, ski season is long over and I still have to baby them and scrub them with a toothbrush every day.

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

So thinking about gut flora so much lately.... where does it start? In our stomachs? I've been wondering.... don't we have a "mouth flora" as well? And what happens to that if we use stuff like hydrogen peroxide mouthwash, essential oils, antibacterial toothpastes, or even alcohol based mouthwashes? Are we doing more damage than good?

I guess I know the answer for the alcohol based mouthwashes... but the other stuff that's for oral hygiene - lots of it is antibacterial, no? Does that disrupt the flora in the mouth in a bad way?

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

mouthwash is a no no........oral flora is hugely important.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

in the trash goes the hydrogen peroxide.... been wondering about this b/c I feel better without it

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

my mouth feels better without it... hydrogen peroxide might be ok, don't know. I've been thinking about this for a while now..... as hard as I am working on restoring my gut flora, I don't want to wipe it out a few times a day where it starts..... in my mouth. I imagine it would disturb the flora. I used to be a Listerine person and I would still love to use it. Love the fresh feeling. Oh well. Bye-bye. My pure powder probiotic supplement suggests putting a little scoop on your tongue before you go to bed to restore a natural, healthy populated flora in your mouth.

Chew on the anti-bacterial plants instead :) Parsley is good. Anything green really.

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

so here's the real question - what does Jack clean his teeth with? a tooth pick and some Coconut oil?

I have noticed since upping my K2 to the max dosage -the back of my teeth feel cleaner...

We're working on switching to flouride free - but don't like the stuff we bought - it tastes weird - but I've never liked how sweet most toothpaste etc is in general...

12. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

there's this theory that the glycerine in toothpastes will coat your teeth and prevent them from remineralizing.... no idea if there's anything to it but my teeth cleaning supplies are free of it

13. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Have you tried Tom's fluroide free?

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I use baking soda and sea salt, with a bit of ground clove. Wet the brush, touch it to the powder, and have at it.

Joeakim and Josh (Paleo Osteo) like this.
  15. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I use baking soda, CO and a couple drops of pure cinnamon oil.

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I use tooth soap sometimes a bit of baking soda. Burt's Bee has a nice tooth paste that has very clean ingredients. I find baking soda too abrasive to use every day.

17. Kpcst

Kpcst Silver

I use toms. My teeth always feel clean. I used to brush 3x a day. Now i eat virtually no carbs and brush only once.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yeah...don't like it...

19. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

The dentist in this interview sounded pretty knowledgeable:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/drloradio/2012/01/18/holistic-dentistry-with-dr-stephen-lawrence

He mentions a toothpaste that is the only one he says he recommends. I can't remember the brand name, but I think it's only available in the U.S. and not that easily there. Maybe through Amazon?

Some other interesting things on teeth cleaning. He mentions some kind of water-lance.

There are some herbs that it seems will selectively kill the bacteria that are responsible for gum disease and cavities without killing off harmless bacteria.