1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Teeth thread: Add all things teeth

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

3. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Very interesting article! When I used to eat zero carb, I could go days without brushing my teeth and they stayed smooth and felt strong. I've been eating 50 gms of potatoes each day a la PHD and have to brush and scrape a lot more. Jaminet's minimum carb recommendation is based on his belief that without it the body does not maintain a proper mucus membrane shield in the eyes, mouth, GI track, blood brain barrier. I'd love to have that debunked so I can go back to zero carb and save all that time in mouth maintenance.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

REad BG4 http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-4-what-was-homos-solution/

Jack talks about why Jaminet's theory is bunk...

5. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Thanks for that. I had read it but it didn't stick in my brain. Since I've made some post "education" changes, my mental fog is much improved. I have an appointment Monday with an MD/Naturopath to get bio identical hormones, fingers crossed that I get all my brains back.

6. steve@wity.net

steve@wity.net New Member

Having had a couple of consults with Jack, he raised the topic of teeth last weekend when we spoke. He told me about my bad teeth and crowding problems particularly in my lower jaw. Considering Jack has never seen me and I have never mentioned my teeth in anything I have ever sent him I was somewhat impressed...

7. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Shijin,

I reread it and the standout line for me was: "But a diet loaded with the above nutrients, and devoid of carbs, this dramatically increases free T3 while also lowering TSH to a massive degree."

I need to correct my free T3 and TSH just this way. I thought 50 grams of starch wouldn't be enough to get in the way but "devoid" is pretty clear.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Jacks saying that an Epi-Paleo diet that is Keto will correct T3 for most people.

9. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I know bone can be replaced and it seems that it is happening. But teeth that have been filled seem to have odd activity. Is anyone else experiencing that? like a tingling and really sensitive nerves again... but not pathological feeling.

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I only have 1 filling - but I have no issues w/it. Of course this is my first cavity in 38yrs!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its total BS........there is zero science behind it but no one in paleo land calls him out cause he is a nice guy.........

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I was a child of the 60's, and I remember being quite proud that we used Crest, which you know had the ADA seal of approval after all.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks for that

14. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Really, thanks for that comment....I'm free...

15. Joann

Joann New Member

a really sore subject these days. Back in Feb I went on a diet of protein + low fat + no carbs and then low carb. My teeth hurt. coincidence ? then got infection from previous root canal

I'm thinking the low fat was not good idea for me. in my defense it was the first time I ever was on a "diet".

I did lose weight......but since April went Paleo and lost more weight with lots of fat in diet.

16. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

Glad you opened up a thread about teeth, Dr. K. I had been wanting to put this in "Ask Jack", but I'll ask here:

I have palatal tori, and it's never been fully understoody why. I had 4 bi's extracted for ortho (I'm 50; it was the early 70's) and had extreme crowding of 23, 24, 25, 26. Did the tori develop due to "pushing" all the teeth together rather than expanding the palate? Or was the crowded palate due to maternal poor nutrition (and smoking, which she did through 3 pregnancies)? Or is it due to the asthma, poor breathing I experienced as a child, or was that a symptom of all the other AI issues I had due to the poor nutrition?

The tori has been relatively unchanged in size or texture since teen years; in fact, I can't remember not having it. But I have no idea when it developed.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

tori are developmental......not acquired.

18. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I have great teeth - no fillings at age 36, although I did have braces. My husband was not so lucky and has had plenty of dental work. Interesting thing is that my older son has had lots of cavities, and his younger brother (2 years younger) has only had 1. His jaw formation is great (looks like no braces needed), whereas older son has already had orthodontal work, and will likely need a little more (he's 11). Did I mention younger son is celiac (both are gluten free), and has hashi's? And I tandem nursed when he was born... Also, younger son has a real innate sense of foods that he should not eat. Turns out a lot of the foods he refuses he is allergic to (we did intradermal allergy testing) - grapes, strawberries, apples, most fruits, some veggies, etc. And over the past few years he's really taken to eating seafood, almost daily, whereas older son did not, and does not feel his sensitivities the way younger one does.

19. weiofk11

weiofk11 New Member

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator