1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Taylor’s Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tfreeman, Jan 26, 2020.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

So, I was originally on a paleo diet that I thought fit my health picture. It was higher in paleo carbs, definitely over 150g a day, but I would consistently feel energy dips that would make me feel like I’d need more. These weren’t dips like needing to sleep, but moreso low blood pressure type symptoms from my pots where I would feel weak, anxious, and low. Since Sunday, I started the true leptin RX to the tee. 50+ grams of protein with breakfast, light in my eyes in the morning (though very little), no eating until lunch, protein and veggies and fat for lunch, same with dinner. No eating after 7:30pm, red glasses at sundown.

Positives:
    I lost 3 pounds in 2 days and I’m hoping that really continues. 219.0 on Sunday morning to 216.0 this morning.
    My digestion feels AWESOME - no reflux, gut is actually hungry, craving healthy foods (though I’m still having bad carb cravings).
    I’m already sweating?? I don’t know if that’s from 3 days of reset but I woke up and had to wipe my lip this morning for the first time in years. I know it’s not good to sweat when you sleep as you want a cold environment but that is still exciting to break a sweat.
    My mood is fairly general once I got over the first day of low carb moodiness.

Negatives:
    I’m still feeling pretty weak at certain times of day. Definitely a symptom of low blood sugar - and it’s weak with some anxiety that I do not experience with carbs in my diet. I hope this goes away after a while.
    I’m having some cramps in my legs - typical for paleo/low carb transition? Should I be taking some tri salts or another mineral mix?
    My breathing symptoms (which have been bad for the last 4-5 years) always get worse when I’m weak/bp feels low which is definitely happening a lot since I started Sunday.
    Anxiety is a tiny bit worse because of all these symptoms - though I am calmer in general.

biggest issue: my histamine levels are much higher. I’m trying not to take Allegra, but it’s really noticeable. I stopped having histamine episodes a month ago and now I feel like they’re going to start coming back without Allegra. Luckily I am going to Florida in 2 weeks and will get some sun for 10 days. Then when I return spring should be here.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  3. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Today is my 6th day on the diet and I'm down 4.2 pounds which isn't bad. The only day I didn't lose was when I ate past 7:30 so that was interesting. I'm less worried about the weight right now and more worried about the fact that I am feeling worse.

My food intolerance symptoms have been really bad since I started. I have been feeling really swollen under my eyelids and they are constantly red. I'm itchy all of the time and feel an itchiness under my skin constantly. I have getting symptoms of feeling really low like I can't move still, and I am also getting really irritable so that's a big problem.

I have mast cell activation so I know I am intolerant to histamine, but I think I am even more intolerant to salicylates. Whenever I steer away from a "plain" diet and try to go more low carb paleo I feel worse. Between the spices, vegetables, berries, etc. I tend to feel so much worse. My diet that typically feels pretty good is millet and flax milk with blueberries for breakfast, steamed chicken with broccoli for lunch, and a same plain meat and some baked potato for dinner - for some reason my body does not react to that at all.

Of course I have concerns about my POTS and adding sunlight in with my photosensitivity as I always feel worse in the sun. On the beach (away from emf's) I tend to have panic attacks - which are really episodes of my fainting condition/mast cell activation. My blood pressure drops, my histamine rises, and I end up needing allegra and klonopin and having to leave the beat and eat something.

I am seeking other locations besides long island - one being Lavallette, NJ where there is low EMF (i get zero cell service on the beach) and tons of sunlight for the summer. But my concerns about the sun are very real. I plan to try doing morning and night sessions on the beach to improve my sollar callus, so I guess I'll see how that works.

4. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Jack has said that swelling and histamine = a lack of red and purple light in your life so I have been taking epsom salt baths and under a ruby lux N-IRA bulb every night when I get home at 5 to prepare for my trip to Florida. Also to build my solar callus.

5. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

I realize that moving needs to be my #1 thought process around the next few months. My concern is with myself. I'm so anxious to leave my family and friends and live on my own with no one around. How can I work on my anxiety, increase my dopamine, ensure my redox is optimal before a move?
    1. Continue the Leptin Rx
    2. Leave wifi off as much as possible.
    3. Order my safe and sound prometer when I have saved enough. (luckily I am a teacher for high income families and won't lose my job right now)
    4. Find "safer" area's in NY to spend time in the sun as UV get's higher in New York until I can afford to move.
    5. Order materials to block nnEMF in my apartment: any recs??
    6. Sit in the sun as much as possible while I'm off right now.
    7. Block out all light 3 hours before bed
    8. I was using my UV reptile and red bulbs but for some reason whenever I use the red bulb I get body pain and irritability the next day. Need to figure this out - I saw someone write about fibrosis with infrared sauna bulbs. How can I use these bulbs successfully.

Here are some notes I've taken from my most recent JK reading on adrenals and anxiety that I like:
    Sleep by 10, sleep until 8, avoid overtraining, do things you enjoy, steep tea, eat early within 30 mins of rising, have glass of water each morning with .5-1 teaspoon of salt, avoid bread, grains, potato and starches, laugh several times a day, take vitamin c, magnesium, B5, and vitamin e, take pregnenolone and DHEA, avoid becoming fatigued, avoid high glycemic fruits, never skip breakfast.

6. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

7. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Posting my DUTCH hormone panel here in my journal: Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.15.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.16.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.16.19 PM.png

8. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please post the complete pdf file with all results and comments.

10. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Here is the PDF.

Attached Files:

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-4-16_16-12-11.png

You have a high 5alpha metabolism.
    Your 5Ar (reductase) is working overtime.
    ---------------------

When man needs to lower his 5Ar he uses
    Propecia
    Proscar
    Avodart
    (it also helps with hair loss)
    If he uses too much of it, he may get into big trouble, (rather permanent lack of erections).
    So it is important to keep checking the dose.
    How overdose would affect women I do not know.

---------------------
    The right amount of zinc is important when having 5Ar difficulties.
    These days of corona COVID 19
    we are taking that it happens because of zinc deficiency inside cells.
    One may have plenty of zinc outside cells but zinc ionophore may be missing.
    zinc ionophore = thing that pushes zinc from outside into inside cells, synthetic or natural.

It may be a good idea for you to get
    Spectracell micronutrient analysis. It would tell you your (functional) level of many items including zinc.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  12. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Thanks for your response. Hm. I wonder what the dr will have to say. I know that some women with PCOS have high androgen levels but I don't seem to have any of the symptoms except excess weight gain and mood swings. I do not have cysts or irregular periods.

My estrogen and testosterone are also off. Not sure what is causing all of this.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5aR reductase is acting in numerous places, your high DHT is just one of those places.
    other than that
    weak 5bR may move the balance of both reductases in favor of 5aR,
    similarly to Pg/E (progesterones/estrogens) considerations.
    or
    cortisol/cortisone

upload_2020-4-17_7-56-17.png

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  14. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

What is the best brand for zinc? I'm wondering if there is a specific type of zinc that is best absorbed and used in the body...

15. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

For about a year or better two years;
    Consider skipping observations of your symptoms and comparing them to opinions of what should be but it is not.
    and
    just go by what you see on tests
    but mostly on
    DUTCH and (Spectracell Micronutirents)

Now do what you must to move the red line to the center (and be blind to the horrors that may cause).
    First do Spectracell test
    then
    if you need zinc (or anything else)
    use product that works for you.
    Hint---->> trial and error---->lots of tests

. upload_2020-4-20_8-3-10.png

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  17. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Standard Process Zinc Liver Chelate

https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/Zinc-Liver-Chelate#.Xp2TvoWb_LE

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Process-Supplement-Supports-Synthesis/dp/B073ZN1W5N

I don't know what amino acid the zinc is chelated to, but it's derived from beef liver, which seems to help the bioavailability somehow. I've also tried zinc picolinate, zinc monomethionine, and zinc orotate, and that seems best to me. Second best was monomethionine - Now brand L-OptiZinc. I make meat soup with gelly broth (cheapest way to make gelly broth is with chicken gizzards - their texture is because of lots of cartilage), beef, sometimes organs, and dissolve a couple of those tablets in the broth, thinking it'll be better used when digested with foods that already have zinc and the amino acid the zinc in the tablet is chelated to. It also seems to be used well if eaten with a little beef jerky or egg or seafood -- like as a quick snack.
    If you can afford it, there's also oyster extract capsules that have a useful amount of zinc in them. Look for the ones made with oysters sourced from New Zealand instead of China. And if you want to buy 10 kg of oyster extract powder from New Zealand wholesale you can do that on Alibaba. I was thinking of buying a kilo but if I remember right there's only a couple producers from New Zealand of the bulk powder and when I checked about a year ago their lowest minimum order was 10 kg.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  18. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Update for me August 19th, 2021. Turning 30 on the 27th! Been chronically ill since 2015, but this has been my best year since I was healthy!

So I just messaged Jack because I received labs back last week. They are better than they used to be, but it seems it's taking longer for me to get my numbers to normalize than one would expect. I've been out of the city for a while now, and living with as much nnemf protection as possible, spending everyday in the summer sun, following the leptin rx, and still struggling with these labs, constantly using my trimeter.

Physically I am feeling a lot better. My POTS has improved, my allergies seem to be a bit better, my anxiety/depression is still varied. Some days are great, others are poor, and I'm obviously still dealing with some inflammation. In the past few years I was never able to get a ratio for my O6:O3 due to too many triglycerides/fat particles in my blood. Hopefully they're getting low enough that I'll soon get that number. I've been following a mycotoxin protocol along with my JK protocols, taking activated charcoal, bentonite clay, chlorella, and welchol for detox which helps a ton. I also work on my redox every day but my labs seem to show I'm not redoxing so well. I take 5g sea salt per day and drink mountain valley water. I also take Perimine and Allegra for my histamine levels. I feel like I'm getting enough purple and red light, but at the same time, I don't want to sunbathe too much if my inflammation is too high. I'm getting a ton of freckles on my face and forehead so I'm wondering if my O6 levels are too hight.

My doctor wants me to start liquid iron again by Pure Encapsulations - obviously my gut is not absorbing any iron which is why my saturation and serum iron are low. The liver pills don't see to work either! Thiamine and liquid iron have helped my fatigue, POTS, shortness of breath in the past, so I may continue those. Can't wait for the day I am taking no medications/supplements! I'm posting my labs below for record/any recommendations would be wonderful!

Important/high/low labs:
    LDL-P 1253 - high
    LDL-C 152 - high
    Triglycerides 353 - high
    Small LDL-P 424 - high
    LP-IR score 67 high
    Iron 37 ug/dL - low
    Iron transferrin saturation 14 - low
    WBC always around 14
    Neutrophils always high
    Glucose 91
    BUN 11 mg/dL
    Creatinine .74 mg/dL
    BUN/Creatinine ratio 15
    ALT 63
    Free testosterone 4.4 pg/mL - high
    DHEA sulfate 256 - normal
    Estradiol in luteal phase 95 - normal
    Progesterone 9.2 during luteal phase normal
    IGF-1 135 normal
    Reverse t3 14.2 normal
    Vit D low 24
    CRP 10.27
    Leptin 53.7
    GGT 180 high
    Copper 162 high
    Zinc 127 high
    Insulin 43.1 high
    Sex horm binding glob - 15.3

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

triglycerides 353 - high
    Free testosterone 4.4 pg/mL - high
    Vit D low 24
    CRP 10.27
    Sex horm binding glob - 15.3
    ---------------------------------------------

Biotics Research Bio D Mulsion Forte Vitamin D3 Liquid Drops
    10 drops every day
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

https://www.walkinlab.com/products/view/homocysteine-blood-test-plasma

If you have a problem getting script, you can buy it.

Likely your homocysteine is high.
    Is so, follow this:

[​IMG]

[[[[[[[[[[[[

Thorne Research - 5-MTHF 15 mg Folate

you can buy it on Amazon.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

John Schumacher likes this.
  20. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

Thanks! Yes, my doc recommended Ortho molecular liquid vit D.

My homocysteine level was normal 8.1 umol/L (ref range 0-14.5).