1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), May 13, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

dude blog has been live for 12 hrs
  2. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

So few of us can turn them off, so few of us can focus their usage to reasonable utility. Why?

The advent of social media, real time communications, info exchange and all that -- is absolutely wonderful in terms of how it can advance all sorts of better, efficient, agile collaborative enterprises. I'm all for that if and when society benefits in tangible ways.

My concern from observation is the sheer amount of usage of all the mobile tech that doesn't serve a better purpose like that. I can see how it's become a created "need" for people out and about in public, probably there to offset lots of other negative consequences of dense-but-disconnected societies we are in. It sure seems like a lot is being forfeited in the process. I work amongst a student zombie population. I commute amongst commuters who are increasingly oblivious to their surroundings and the inherent risk of navigating large chunks of metal around each other.

I sense the dynamic out in public - almost anywhere - has noticeable shifted to more resemble that cold disconnected feeling in crowded big cities, where more and more folks keep their head down, mind their own business and are in their own world. Because well things can't wait ; )
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

we were sleeping.....and other stuff........
    Albert83BCN and Jude like this.
  4. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

Hell yes I'll admit I'm hypocritical having my view and still jibber jabbin' in forums after all these years as a proxy for casual socializing ; ) The beast is a difficult one to slay
    sooperb likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. was just sayin :p
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. kris90

kris90 New Member

@Jack Kruse do you have any blogs or webinars for what we can do to biohack our tattoos? Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't have gotten tattoos, so I wonder what I can do to mitigate the damage done (i.e. fasting to help detox, lots of sun, CT, etc).

Thing is, I have a large tattoo on my back that has my daughter's name with a design that is symbolic to her birth. I feel obligated now to get one more tattoo for my child on the way, but I'm uncomfortable getting another one. It would be helpful to learn how we can biohack the effects.
    ScottishEmma and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  9. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Don't do it Kris! I have one that has a lot of red in it and now that I know the truth, I will never get another one! I now have to live with the consequences of this.
  10. kris90

kris90 New Member

:( I've put myself in a crappy position, because when my daughter and next child are both old enough to read, my second child will see my daughter's name on my back and wonder why theirs is not there.
    Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  11. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Tell them the truth Kris. How else are they going to learn? I've raised three children and when they asked me questions, I told them to the best of my knowledge, the truth. I will do the same with my grandchildren.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Why don't you just paint the second child's name in oil every time you get uv so it's a tad darker. Seems fair to me. One kid gets the back one gets the front. You'll have to have someone paint your bottom if you go having 3 kids though.
    ScottishEmma and kris90 like this.
  13. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I've got 4 small tattoos, 2 on each arm. Wish I'd known.

Is it worth removing?
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

probably not. More effort than its worth
    ScottishEmma and drezy like this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Maybe save the money for CT ice in the summer.

I did find this nifty photochromatic tattoo patent though. If I had a small tatoo the thought of having it reinked with this UV activated ink would be rolling around my head. Built in Dminder!

"Sorry guy's my toe just turned magenta, looks like I should get a little shade."

https://www.google.com/patents/US6470891
    kris90 and ScottishEmma like this.