1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Take It Slow

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by yewwei.tan, Jan 22, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Happy Birthday Yew ..... nice speedos!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Will it be an oyster day today?????

3. JMO

JMO Gold

Happy Birthday Yew! You are so smart and wise for your age...unbelievable (well a testament for all the DHA you grew up with). My sons are your age...maybe starting to listen a little but it would be so cool if they could teach me this stuff-- I learn so much from your posts. Have a great day and don't party too much!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Happy BD go eat a fish..........

5. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Happy Birthday, Yew!
    :D

6. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Happy Birthday Yew, hope you have nice weather for a good beach day!

7. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Thanks for the well wishes Everyone!

I got lucky :p. Despite only having (caged) eggs as a DHA source for most of my life, I somehow managed to store enough in the right parts of the brain (I've been depressed, but I always think logically).

That is despite taking my first plane ride when I was 2 months old (10 hour flight), being born via C-section, not being breast fed, living next to major power lines for most of my childhood, growing up in a negative household environment and society in general (Asian elitism and perfectionism), having mostly shitty food, being myopic by age 5, living in a big city with lots of Internet access and Blue light 24/7 for the majority of my first 17 years (Singapore), etc ....

I can also look back at all the people I used to call friends stuck in the same old cycles that afflict any nn-EMF-overdosed population. All my cousins (I have more than 30) are screwed up either mentally or physically from the diseases of modern life, and even my brother didn't get dealt the same brain structure that I have.

Sidenote: We've got people on the forums from Europe, South American, etc .... but no one from the Asian nations on these forums, and I don't think it's as much a linguistic issue as much as it is an issue of culture and pollution -- the culture does not allow you to think thoughts that make you likely of landing on the Kruse blog, and the entire Asian region is over-population and polluted with nn-EMF, further preventing the brain-plasticity needed to break out of that cycle.​

So I've been nothing but lucky :cool:, and I don't intend to let that luck go to waste. My gut and peripheral collagen may have failed earlier than most people, but my brain stayed pretty functional. (Never got a migraine in my life BTW, another indicator that my brain can somehow control water flows well)

TBH, I was more like "Don't do anything to fuck this day up" :p I did eat lots of fish though.

Instead of explicitly doing something special, I spent some time on the beach (and about to head out again), and gave a first-pass read of this paper by Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff, 'Consciousness in the universe: A review of the ‘Orch OR’ theory' -- http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064513001188

Thanks to @David Limacher for introducing me to this guy. Hameroff comes the closest to explaining consciousness IMO, and his model is 100% compatible with everything you'll find on this site.

One lecture:

A probably more approachable interview:

In this model:

- Consciousness is not an emergent property of computation, but is instead an intrinsic Qualia of the Universe. Microtubules organise these qualia.

- Cognition is not Consciousness. Cognition refers to being able to observe and react to stimuli, while consciousness means being able to perceive and choose which cognitive paths to take.

- Microtubules are the site for quantum computation, and all their associated proteins (including the tau protein and actin) determine when a computation starts and terminates

- Hexagonal Calcium-activated CaMKII (calcium-calmodulin kinase 2), when activated, binds perfectly to the microtubule hexagonal lattice, and is responsible for reifying a computation as a concrete neuronal impulse.

Sidenote: note that Saturn's north polar hexagon is likely a vortex phenomenon due to electrical forces in conducting fluid -- https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2014/03/28/saturns-hexagon/

The hexagonal configuration is energetically efficient somehow, and represents a low energy state. In biological molecules, hexagonal rings also allow lots of delocalised pi-electrons to exist in various superpositions (likely taking advantage of the energetically favourable hexagonal configuration).

DNA is dependent on the Nitrogen containing Purine and Pyrimidine groups, which modify the energetic structure and C-N-C bond angle slightly in the hexagonal ring. I immediately suspected that Nitrogen "decides whether or not" to make the Pyrimidine group perfectly hexagonal (long enough for information signalling to occur), and thus allow very specific expression of proteins.​

- The model presented in 'Tubulin dipoles and anesthesia' is perfectly congruent with why high magnetic fields stop consciousness by disallowing the "act of making a choice of dipole" in the tubulin qubit.

- I happen to think that τ≈ħ/EG actually doesn't just imply that Orchestrated Objective Reduction (Orch-OR) creates consciousness, but it also creates time itself. This process happens everywhere in the Universe, but it just so happens that microtubules allow for a speeding up of time T by increasing the denominator EG (gravitational self energy -- which Dr Kruse has given many examples which affect this, like pressure, density, external magnetism, cold, etc ...).

Note: the important structures here are the microtubules, not necessary a brain. Consciousness occurs everywhere in the body, since there are microtubule-like structures everywhere (though I still think tubulin is the perfect structure, allowing consciousness to be concentrated in the brain).​

This note on gravity is also where I see the biggest flaw in the paper -- the assumption that gravity is constant, for example, a quote:

Ec=Gm2/ac, where G is the gravitational constant, m is the carbon nuclear mass, and ac is the carbon nucleus sphere radius equal to 2.5 Fermi distances. We calculated that roughly 2×1010 tubulins displaced in coherent superposition for 25 ms will, on this basis, self-collapse in that time period, and elicit Orch OR. For a τ of 500 ms, ∼109tubulins would be required.
    Big G is not constant, and can be modified by the body to allow for more favourable quantum computation. This means that Hameroff's model is even more correct BTW.

----

I only briefly skimmed the paper, and as usual, the devil is in the details. I will need to spend the next week slowly investigating each point and figuring out how each component works. I have a gut sense that Hameroff is missing large chunks on how the electromagnetic force affects the action of these microtubules (through water), but I think that his model is spot on.

I'm also reading Nick Lane's 'The Vital Question: Why is Life the Way it is?', and after 2 chapters, I am positive that there is stuff in here that is relevant to the Orch-OR discussion -- http://www.amazon.com/The-Vital-Question-Why-Life/dp/1781250367

Fun times! ;) Kruse Cruise in 3 weeks, gonna have some fun conversations on that trip.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    David Limacher and PaulG like this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Belatedly: "Many happy returns !"

9. Jude

Jude Gold

Belatedly:confused:....me too
    Happy BD Yew!:D

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

.....Sniff....And I remember way back when Yew joined, and didn't know a thing... Now here he is, all grown up! :D

Happy Birthday, Yew. Glad you're getting into Penrose and Hameroff. I was very interested when Jack's blog (BG5?) mentioned their work on consciousness and the pi electron cloud and microtubules, but I didn't delve deeper. Nice summary.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  11. Danny

Danny New Member

Happy birthday Yew! There are many things I have wished I could change, but realize life is about doing your best going forward. Your story and insight inspires me and many others.

12. endless

endless New Member

Happy Birthday Yew! I value your contributions to this site and the quantum group, I learn so much from reading your posts. :)

13. Yew: even more 'belated' Happy Birthday from me. I really like the way you talk about yourself too. We know you have a great brain but it's interesting to hear a bit of your personal story.

BTW I believe you got the book "Light in Shaping Life" by Van Wijk. I am curious if you have read and if so what you think of it. I am about 2/3 way through and I find it very very good, seems to 'explain' so much. I found his stuff on cancer and genetics very convincing. The idea of cancer as just another 'metabolic' disease like diabetes makes all the sense in the world and I though he conclusively debunks the whole emphasis on 'genetics' and shows how mitochondrial genetics are a bigger deal for cancer than nuclear genetics

BTW I am now almost done with the 3 books Dr Kruse has strongly recommended "The 4th Phase of Water" "Life at the Edge: Quantum Biology" and now the Van Wijk one. To me 3 brilliant books that 'explain' so much...................I think being here is worth the price of admission just for Dr K's recommendations on what to read. In that way he is shining his flash light as he says. But just to be introduced to books like that is truly valuable. In today's world there is so much 'noise' just for someone to guide me like that..............well I really appreciate it and it is worth a lot..............

caroline and Jude like this.
  14. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@yewwei.tan

How have you been getting on with the sodium bicarbonate?

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When you shine your flashlight on what should be read and contemplated it makes subtracting BS in your life you have believed forever quite easy.

16. Dr Kruse : with your stellar record I was wondering is there another book you would highly recommend?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Patrick when you meet my wife ask her one question........how many books do I have and how many do I read. Be prepared. You cant do what I do. I read 5 a week.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When I read one I can tell you immediately what is important and what is trash. When I tell you to buy a whole book........DO IT.

JanSz likes this.
  19. I accept that lol.....................anyway if you think of any more especially of a 'sciency' nature...............not sure what I am looking for. I would like to understand more about 'genetics' but not from within the genetics received wisdom I suppose..............

20. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Well, if you decide to make it to the cruise in 3 weeks time, I can talk a lot about my personal story :D. Maybe over a bottle of Grange (and maybe even sucker @Jack Kruse into a trip to Doris Metro to drink that Grange ;)). Don't want to write it out here because I need to mention a lot of people who may not want to be mentioned on the Internet.

----

Regarding the Biophoton book, here were some notes I made in a private conversation (only my comments included):

Finished with an initial skim of 'Light in Shaping Life'. Very detailed review of the existing research out there. Formatting is very good grin emoticon . Also useful in describing exact experimental techniques used.

As expected, it's doesn't emphasis a lot of analysis, so putting things together is left to the reader.

Seeing great graphs of biophoton emission spectra is great though.

Hand biophoton analysis is going to be really promising in the future.

Now I need to learn accupuncture, because that's one of the topics which was mentioned, but then you're left in the last chapter with a couple of "what if?"s

The images in the last chapter of body part biophoton emission are pretty cool

Finger biophoton emission as a diagnostic criteria was something mentioned last December to me, and I wonder how far along that has come along since then.

Pretty easy to get a dark environment too, since covering the hands is pretty easy.

Unless the patient doesn't have hands, or is missing a hand

Emission could be different though. Huge concentration in the fingers, especially the middle finger.

Big difference between the left and right hand too.

Generally less emission at night, and more during the day, and more from the right hand.

Makes sense that you emit less light as you sleep.

There was also description of meditation experiments where trascendental meditation led to drops in light emission by about 20-30% (page 350-356)

Probably, but these are just observations for now. Not much discussion on what exactly it means.

But since you see greater charge gradients during periods of injury and growth, it's probably safe to say that biophoton emission is correlated with "having to do work to continue living".

I still don't have the answer to my question: How much red light therapy is too much? And how do I tell?

I was having some random riffing with Rub about how your (osteo) comment about "Skin turns red when it has absorbed enough red light" should serve as a context-dependent metric for light therapies.

That is when energy addition results either in significant temperature rise, or when the applied light is being reflected / not absorbed to a significant degree, then it is time to stop therapy for that patient.

Measurement is going to be difficult.

My simplistic mind says: We're using visible 650nm red light, so we should be able to get back visible feedback. But I don't think it works that way.

ntuitively, it sounds right though, and is a natural reaction of at least the skin to sunlight.

Sunburn is basically a negative feedback signal to "get the fuck out of the sun you idiot"

----

But see, that's where I get confused, since stuff like massage also drives localised "inflammation" to the spot being manipulated.

"inflammation" meaning positive charge.

And hence photon release due to movement of that charge.

So is adding more exogenous red light is a good thing in that case?

ie: Exogenous red light of the correct wavelength is mimicking the body's own capability of "pushing electrons toward the site of inflammation", and thereby allowing some restoration back to the negatively charged tissue baseline, and thereby allowing further physical manipulation by the osteopath.

And then, the Biophoton Book talked about how DNA emits lots of UV light during the process of mitosis.

What would happen if you provide exogenous UV during the process of something like osteopathic manipulation, where rates of mitosis are upregulated due to the external "injury stress" (which is meant to be hormetic).

Is it going to overload the system and cause havoc? Or is it going to enhance signalling?

That's a dangerous experiment to run on humans, but it's something that I would love to see further research into (starting with plant, and then animal models)

I'm wondering how to determine if UV and blue light can be used. Obviously works with healthy people for preventing jetlag.

Not sure the effect will be the same with sick people.

Red light I suspect that you can monitor more easily via colour and temperature change, and is in general not very harmful anyway.

Larger margin for error with red light is what I mean.

You making a trip to frozen Canberra tongue emoticon

Sidenote: still not convinced Canberra is a good spot to be in, being far from the sea and >550m elevation in most places. Wonder why Wallace Thornhill still stays there. Might have some good magnetism?
    This was before I wrote my UV biophoton notes -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/neurons-protons-and-lactate.14517/#post-164393

----

Only doing low doses (3-5g), and the motivation was to improve eyesight. I'm definitely seeing better, but that's more probably due to the sun exposure and walking on rocks without my glasses (have to spot the cracks properly, and the barnacles ....). The bicarbonate is not harmful, and probably has a small beneficial effect, but nothing significant I can directly attribute to it.

Richelle Jones and seanb4 like this.