1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Take It Slow

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by yewwei.tan, Jan 22, 2014.

1. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Misc Update

This calorie thing is really not useful o_O -- http://caloriesproper.com/artificial-light-regulates-fat-mass-no-bueno/

My diet recently has been really boring. I'm a fan of not adding anything that I don't need. (green vegetables are one of the many things that I don't need :p). Very literally, the list is down to:
    • Canned fish -- mackerel, sardines
    • whey protein
    • nuts -- (in order of quantity eaten) macadamia, hazelnut, pecan, almond, pistachio, walnut, brazil nut
    • dark chocolate
    • coconut oil and butter
    • seaweed -- laver
    • some raw honey (started buying local after @Inger started giving me a hard time for not doing so :rolleyes:. These guys are about 25km from me -- http://www.honeyhousekuranda.com/shop/index.php)
    • green tea
    • dried herbs and spices -- turmeric, black pepper, dill, oregano, parsley, basil, chives, marjoram, cumin, coriander, chillies, garam masala
    • condiments -- chilli sauce and ketchup
    Supplements:
    • Trans-resveratrol -- 300mg first thing in the morning
    • Curcumin -- about 300mg first thing in the morning
    • Quercetin -- 400mg first thing in the morning
    • Vitamin K2 -- 5mg a day with food
    • Nicotine Gum -- anywhere from 0mg to 12mg a day, depending on how stressed I think I feel
    Lifestyle pattern is consistent:
    • Wake at sunrise 6:30am, post some random stuff on the internet, aim to head out to the beach by 7+am
    • Breakfast at 8am. A lot of food :D. If I have to eat more later it's because I didn't eat enough here, but I'm getting better at calibrating the appropriate amount
    • Computer work and misc stuff for the rest of the day, usually interspersed with 2 hours of beach time
    • Usually beach again at 4pm, then 25g of whey protein
    • misc stuff and then all blue-light or nn-EMF emitting tech off by 8pm. Read books beside red light LED until maybe 9pm, then bed anywhere from 9-10pm

Despite eating a lot of food, I'm 77.0kg this morning, and looking better by conventional fitness-aesthestic standards :eek:. Obeying circadian rhythms works :p. Brain is working pretty well right now, and body is getting better.

Going to get some 90W red LEDs at around 630nm soon for experimentation.

2. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Yew, I like your simple approach - very doable

Have you ever experimented with any Nootropics? I just posted a new thread here

Have you tried cycling off the supplements for a week or two to see if you notice any effects?

3. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Also, wanted to confirm your K2 dosage of 5mg. 5mg= 5000cmg. I have tablets that are 100 mcg, so to get 5mg I would need to take 50 of these each day??

Maybe you mean 0.5mg which is 500mcg

4. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

@PaulG

The benefits of being a bachelor with no need for food variety

Zero experience with nootropics, and I'm not familiar enough with the chemical structure to discern effects yet. Maybe I'll look into it some time.

But in general, I'm always wary of adding stuff to my life. It's going to be a constant battle to slowly remove the many remaining dependencies I have on this modern world

Should have been more specific. It's Vitamin K2 MK-4 (menatetranone). Post edited for clarity.

What you have is likely the MK-7 subfraction.

These are some notes I posted on MK-4 on the QH Facebook group:

I initially just took it on faith and experimentation with the various types of Vitamin K to see which had a better effect on my gut. I also kept hearing Jack talk about K2 supplementation specifically with MK-4 -- http://www.jackkruse.com/top-ten-paleo-supplements/

My position currently is:

(1) MK-4 has shorter half life => changes to dosing can quickly affect outcomes. ie: the danger of dosing too high is less

(2) MK-4 is generally tolerated at very high doses (>50mg), and it seems that we can clear it well. Again, not likely any harm from overdose

(3) If your gut is good, you can synthesize enough of the longer isoprene Vitmain K2's MK-7 through MK-9. We cannot produce MK-4, so dietary supplementation is probably good.

(4) MK-4 is shorter, and thus smaller, and targets different tissues and can be carried by different proteins. It definitely functions differently than the longer chain K2's, and I suspect that deficiency is more common than not

So between some potential benefits, and not much harm, I tend to favour MK-4 supplementation.

I can't speak for my personal experience, because Vit K2 MK-4 was just one of a few supplements that I've been using during my disease reversal. I suspect the resveratrol could have an even bigger effect :p

5. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Got a new smartphone today (for work ....). The video recording is scary good. What the hell does this tech need to get any better? (#neoluddite)

Pretty typical day during the Cairns dry season. A little bit cooler than usual today though, 17C low, and about 25C at the time the video was shot.

The Far North Queesland coast is a little unique, in that it's just a narrow band before the tableland range. You have maybe a 3-5km of beach, swanp, and minor rainforest, before you hit a slop that bring you up to the Tablelands that are up to 480m above sea level if I'm not wrong. But whatever, it's probably a 30 min drive from where I'm at, to Kuranda, which is 400m above sea level.

The tablelands also happen to be one of the major growing region in FNQ. Probably just because of the cooler climate and greater UV radiation. You get year round harvests of various plants.

You can smell the Nitrogen recyling going on while in the swamp lands ;). Ammonia smell is strong from all that decomposing material. O2 concentration from mangroves is supposedly higher too. Watch out for the stingers and crocs though o_O

Richelle Jones likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yew ..... what kind of protein powder are you using? Some seem to bother me - but I would really like to find one I tolerate.

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Must you post random things on the internet so early? Can it wait until after breakfast? I stay away from the computer now when the sun isn't up and it also feels wrong to me to get on too early, even though the sun has risen.

8. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

I just use Professional Whey's Australian Grass-fed Whey Protein Concentrate -- https://professionalwhey.com.au/product/aus-whey-protein-concentrate/

Pretty good so far :p. I still get a bit of a runny nose with casein, but never with whey. Whey seems to help me TBH.

Nope, it is not 100% optimal. But I've also tried heading straight to the beach, and I don't see any difference. Many a good insight have come from getting on the computer for 15 mins, and then bringing those thoughts to the beach with me. This post on UV biophotons was written in the morning for example -- http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/neurons-protons-and-lactate.14517/#post-164393

nonchalant likes this.
  9. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

I feel I need to ask you this.....
    Are we still evolving?

10. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Who is "we"? And what does "evolving" mean? ;) Everything seems to be progressing through time, while changing and responding to stimuli. My brain is able to realise more knowledge compared to 6 months ago, is that "evolution"?

Personally, I don't really care to ask such questions :p, and just want to avoid causing too much trouble in the world.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Evolution = the direction of time = the flow of entropy

yewwei.tan likes this.
  12. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Just got my UFO light. Recommendation is 15 minutes first thing in the morning, 5-10 inches away from either the navel or the sacrum. I'm just going to put it on my chair and sit on the edge of the chair to get the required distance while illuminating my lower back.

Measured the EMFs off this thing. From the front where the light is, as well as the sides of the machine, there is a negligible field, about 0.2 mG. At the back directly where the fans are located, the field is crazy at about 10.0 mG to 13.0 mG. No EMF in the radio range as expected. Sitting in front of the light should not result in any nn-EMF risk above what I'm already getting without it being on.

Should be interesting to see what this does ;)

DSC_0012.JPG

Inger, fitness@home, Shijin13 and 2 others like this.
  13. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

If asking about our coupled evolution is causing trouble in the world. Well then the world is dead. Sleep on that. If you think it's a get dha and run well I have another thing coming. Called emergence and evolution, something not absolute like get dha and run.

Do you know what happens when you condense concentrated dmt? If you hit dmt with a hammer it releases light every hit.... That dmt and light is in your calcified pineal, fluorides or the governments main target.

Do you think we are still evolving yew? Actually it's a waste of energy to type that you are dying not evolving.

14. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

Have you seen "I am"?
    I disagree, but I'll just have to be the proof.

15. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Red LED

I definitely feel this thing almost instantly. Sat in front of it with the setup pictured above with my back basically fully illuminated for exactly 15 minutes. The ambient temperature is about 18C / 64F here in the morning, and once I was in front of the light for about 30 seconds, there was a noticeable feeling of both alertness, and goosebumps all over my body. Then I started radiating a little bit of heat, an indicator that I'm getting some metabolic uncoupling.

Otherwise, there's not too much of a difference before and after on this first day of use. Report back in 2-3 weeks ;)

What about Water? When water is condensed and cooled to 5 degress above absolute zero, it still retains an intrinsic proton disorder (ie: intrinsic increase in entropy, and thus evolution) -- http://arxiv.org/pdf/1504.04158v1.pdf

This disorder will allow any life that is in contact with water to take advantage of the Electromagnetic Force to create innovation -- http://www.jackkruse.com/tensegrity-11-exotic-atoms-matrix/

Danny likes this.
  16. Danny

Danny New Member

When the body radiates heat is it axiomatic that there is metabolic uncoupling happening? Is metabolic uncoupling ever desirable/necessary?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when youre cold..............

Danny and Josh like this.
  18. JasonW

JasonW Silver

Have you seen anything about Resveratrol and Quercetin not working well together? I remember reading something about this; I've been using Resveratrol in the morning and Quercetin at night.

Danny likes this.
  19. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

24 Years Old

Well, today I turned 24 years old. It's been a mix of mostly shitty circumstances and some good times for 22 years, then consolidation of both skills and wants in the last 2 years. Most importantly, I've probably already experienced most of what life has to give (minus being to a war zone or getting married ... some people would say that both are pretty similar ;)). Not going to discuss all those circumstances here, but nothing I wouldn't share in a face-to-face conversation :D

More importantly, I've come to a point whereby I know what I want to achieve, and what I need to achieve it. From this point on, I'm pretty content at just preserving Tranquility, rather than seeking Thrills.

Big thanks to Dr Kruse for giving me a paradigm shift in thinking and giving me the perspective to seek health in today's crazy world.

Obligatory birthday red speedo selfie taken with a red cellphone :p (technically those are AussieBums, not Speedos)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    seanb4 likes this.
  20. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Happy birthday Yew! I hope you're having a great day ;).

Oh, to be 24 again!