1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

tahini...how bad is it?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by janagram, Oct 10, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

I love tahini! I can't seem to find out how paleo it is or is not....(bad omega ratios?)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its bad.......real bad. I love it too.

3. janagram

janagram New Member

mmm , thanks! ok, after this jar....no more.

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I feel your pain. Tahini on a sweet potato used to be one of my favorites, along with almond butter on a spoon. Both long gone now...

5. Is sesame oil bad too?

I sometimes use this, not to cook in, but as a flavor.

(pleasesayno,pleasesayno,pleasesayno,pleasesayno....)

6. Greno, I am no Paleo expert, but sesame oil, dark, in moderation, uncooked, is OK from a Weston A Price standpoint....FWIW

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its horrible because it is an oil that goes rancid fast......means PUFA damage risk huge.

8. doesn't refrigeration and quick using up help? Or is it like flax seeds that go rancid in 15 minutes when they're already ground?