1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Switching off pain

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Linz, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Linz

Linz Gold

I don't recommend trying this at home, but I would love to know if others have noticed a changed perception of pain.

I dropped a heavy weight on a toe a few weeks ago (black nail). Soaking in very cold water without ice really helped the pain but it came back soon after going to sleep. Soaking eased the pain but the second time I was too tired and took an otc painkiller. No relief at all after 1/2 hour. Then I discovered just dipping my foot in the water briefly seemed to completely switch off the pain for about an hour at a time.

Since then I have read Dr K's book and the fascinating detail about his experience of pain when he did his surgical hack. I live quite well grounded, often outside in the cold, with a long term good diet but have only dabbled with CT by JK standards and really thought the ct would have to be quite extreme to make a big difference. In the past I can remember soaking hurt fingers and toes in water but only achieving some relief while I was actually doing it.

This week (most definitely careless and not an N=1!!) another squashed and rather lacerated toe. This time has been almost pain free. Cold water and barefeet turns off the pain (not just dulling it). I used a grounding mat under my legs at night and only woke a few times. The worst pain was when I had to go shopping for an hour two days after the injury and I came home with all my toes hot and red rather like chillblains.

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, Linz, I've experienced a reduction in the perception of pain from CT. Wasp stings, bacon grease splatters, stubbed toes, and one memorable encounter with a bull nettle plant.
    I was not CT'ing directly before or after those experiences, but I had been CT'ing regularly. My skin registered the pain, but it was 'shut off' after a few minutes. (Just like the 'pain' sensation when stepping into an ice bath gets turned off in a minute or two.) Actually, for the bacon grease, I don't register much pain at all.

I used to think ice would make it feel better only when the area was numb, but it's like my body has learned a new trick. :) My experience with the wasp sting and bull nettle were before I started grounding. I that would make an additional difference. I have seen videos where grounding electrodes were placed on either side of a wound, to promote healing. Same for TENS.

Glad your toes are surviving. :D

3. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I noticed changes in pain sensitivity after about six months of paleo. i attributed it to changes in O3/O6 ratio. Dental sensitivity to both pain and cold is what made me notice it. Another observaton- sense of smell has greatly improved over the last 20 months. I can now smell things like ammonia in fish products that I'm pretty sure I was missing before. Kind of annoying actually, I discard a lot more fish than I used to.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Success story today! DH has been experimenting with water for headaches, and today, while he was tending the lawn, he asked for something to drink "because I have a big headache". Woot!! He gets it! And sure enough, in about 30 minutes he was feeling fine. I make sure his coffee & tea also are made with quality water now. He also complains a lot less now when we go get water from a local spring. (Guess I can be aggressive too, Dr K!)

The science may be complex, but the application can be quite simple. :)

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is how CT improves your semiconductors........realize that cold temp's increase electrical currents in superconductors and not in a electric circuit or an ionic circuit. This is why.........it works. Then read todays blog post on how current is determined and marry it with this information here. You might begin to see where the magic of CT really is. It is not hormetic. It is built into us by design.