1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Supplements for kids?

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Sem, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Sem

Sem New Member

What supplements do you give your kids? My kids' diet is definitely good compared to the vast majority of other kids but still not optimal. We are working hard on it. They have finally stopped resisting fish. But it's not perfect and they have issues we are trying to deal with -- ADD, dyspraxia, allergies.

For supplements, we do a multi, FCLO +butter oil, cal/mag and fish oil. Anything else you guys do? Anything else you think might help?

2. tweety

tweety New Member

Right now it's summer, so we just do the FCLO. But in the fall and winter I will add a multi, D3, and sometimes we use PRP immune spray (which is colostrum). I bought the mag oil and keep meaning to rub it in to their feet, but I always forget.

Their diet is great, but I always question how well they absorb things, or what deficiencies they may have based on my health during pregnancy. I know my youngest complains of occasional headaches and seems to require alot of sleep to function, and since she is second and came when I was already depleted, she is more likely to need some help in terms of nutrients.

But i am also hoping that starting them out early on this way of eating and living will correct some problems they may have from the few years of not living this way.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

feed your kids well with real food.......they rarely need supplements unless you let them live a crazy life.

4. Sem

Sem New Member

Why magnesium oil on the feet? What does it do?

5. Sem

Sem New Member

I agree but we are definitely not there yet. I've been working on switching them over to a more optimal diet but it hasn't happened overnight. I've had to switch over things that I thought I was doing right (ie plenty of whole grains and soy!). I've also been working to get them to eat more fish. We have cut out gluten but they are still eating grains although it has diminished significantly. Just cutting out gluten has helped curb their sugar cravings as well, which is good. Since I never cared for it much, it hasn't been something we emphasized until recently. So ... I think they need supplements until we get through this transition phase.

6. WillieHolmes

WillieHolmes New Member

I think the supplements should be an organic and should not contain chemicals. Fish, fresh vegetables and good food can be a good supplements for kids. Also, you need to provide a home food to kids instead a fast food like burger and pizzas. Also, the physical exercise is also necessary when you are providing a supplements to kids. The outdoor games will be a best exercise.

7. Dovid

Dovid New Member

My better suggestion for the kids not use the supplement to them,because they always put them into the natural diet,all the other artificial diet not give the positive response to the body because each and very organ of the body so much sensitive and not enable to bear the hard things.so be avoid for ever until their maturity age.