1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sunrooms?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by howirecovered, Dec 13, 2018.

1. howirecovered

howirecovered New Member

Does anyone here living in a cold climate, use a sunroom, heated or not to shield wind and make sunbathing possible for a longer season? Since I can't move for a couple years, wondering if I should build something and if so, what?

Martha Barger likes this.
  2. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

Love the idea for some warmth but I am looking for an answer to this as well. I have read online before that light is not healthy through glass windows...Mercola I think but I have no references or studies. Sunning while touching the earth must be the best.

3. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

Old weak references from 2012

"If you spend most of your time inside, you’ll miss out on regular sun exposure, which is key for the natural production of vitamin D. Even exposing your skin to sunlight through a windowpane will prevent the entry of the UVB rays, which are the specific wavelength that produces vitamin D in your skin. So, it is crucial that you get outside and experience direct skin contact with the sunlight instead of sunning in a sunroom, for instance."
    2012 article https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21317&start=90 Search page for Sunroom
    --------------------------------------
    From

Little Sunshine Mistakes that Can Give You Cancer Instead of Vitamin D

Avoid Tanning through a Window as it Will Increase Your Skin Cancer Risk
    Because the UVA has a longer wavelength, it penetrates materials more easily, such as the earth's atmosphere and window glass which will effectively filter out the majority of UVB radiation, but only minimally filters out UVAs. What's the significance of that, you ask?

It's important to remember that vitamin D3 is formed from exposure to UVB rays, whereas UVA radiation actually destroys vitamin D. This helps keep your body in balance; it's one of the protective mechanisms your body has to avoid overdosing on vitamin D when you're outside. However, when you're exposed to sunlight through windows -- in your office, your home or your car -- you get the UVA but virtually none of the beneficial UVB.

This can lead to significant health problems, because in addition to destroying vitamin D3, UVA's also increase oxidative stress. UVA is one of the primary culprits behind skin cancer, and it increases photo aging of your skin. It's also what causes you to tan. You can actually get vitamin D without significantly darkening your skin, because the UVB wavelength does not stimulate the melanin pigment to produce a tan.

Normally, of course, when you get tanned from outdoor sun exposure you're getting both UVA and UVB at the same time, so it's not a problem. But when you are indoors and expose yourself to sunlight filtered through window glass, you are increasing your risk of a variety of conditions, primarily skin cancer, because the UVA's are effectively destroying your vitamin D3 levels while you're getting none of the benefits from UVB, and this can significantly increase your risk of skin cancer. This is one of the reasons why many that drive long hours in their cars develop skin cancer on the arm next to the car window.

4. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

5. I don't live where it is really cold; I'm on the 38th latitude, in California. Since we only get UVB rays a few months in the summer, (where the sun is 50 degrees or better in the sky during noon hours), I created a sun room. It's a converted small "walk-in" closet. I put up mirrors on three walls to reflect the light; placed a panel of lights up two corners of the room, pointed them towards the center. (I did not spend enough to place lights up all in four corners.) There are three types of lights I use: IR-A, UVA & UVB. The IR-A lights are for morning and night. The UVA is from mid-morning to just past sunset. The UVB is for noon hours. The idea is to follow the sun's instructions.

The IR-A lights are: TheraBulb NIR-A Near Infrared 250 watt and 150 watt bulbs
    The UVA lights are Mega-Ray Mercury Vapor 160 watt bulbs
    The UVB light is very similar to Sperti Vitamin D lamps

Each panel of lights are: two IR-A and two UVA bulbs. I only have one UVB lamp. I used reptile lamp fixtures to mount the IR-A and UVA bulbs up the corners of the room. From an electrical point of view make sure the circuit you are using can handle the wattage load of your configuration you design.

Usage: mornings & evenings - 20 minutes of IR-A light
    From mid-morning to just past sunset - 20 minutes of IR-A and UVA light
    During noon time - 20 minutes of IR-A, UVA and UVB

During a session, I turn myself around like a rotisserie chicken, normally 20 seconds before making another quart turn. Normally, I'll spend 20 minutes each morning, and 20 minutes with both IR-A and UVA lights before sunset. Since I work, I'm not home to enjoy the noon UVB, so that has to wait for the weekends (Saturdays & Sundays). My vitamin D status is typically greater then 93.

Grandpa John

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    kim johnson likes this.
  6. Saichi

Saichi New Member

John, you get UVB most of the year. I measured last week up in Trinidad while I was doing naked SG on the beach 40 deg with a flu, up to 170 mW/m2 2pm on a sunny day.

If I were you I'd get rid of Sperti-type lamps, I'm reading Ott's third book right now and he's rehammering the point how highly destructive x-rays coming off the ends and increasing over time as spikes form in the filament.

I had a year of middle school hell, my English teacher was miserable and psychotic and all my classmates hated it. The only class I've ever had up to high school without windows and all fluorescent lighting. Of course we were being experimented on but I just now realized the teacher I hated was being experimented on all day whereas I 'only' had to endure an hour of the torture.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020 at 1:52 PM
    John Schumacher likes this.
  7. Is it's Ott's "Health & Light" title?
    Thank you for the heads up on fluorescent.

8. Saichi

Saichi New Member

"Light, Radiation, and You"

The teacher I mentioned above, not sure how many years she'd been stuck in that basement windowless classroom filled with x-rays and BL/PL. She physically looked like a Simpson's three-eyed fish crossed with the most unflattering character on the show.

Ott's discovery of pink's severe toxicity would explain why many prisons are painted pink and draped in same bed sheets. His discovery of orange color decreasing muscle strength would explain why many prisoners are dressed in orange jumpsuits now.

9. drezy

drezy Gold

Must admit that this was a similar condition that I experienced in my 5th grade building.

I had serious headaches 3/4 of that school-year until one eye doctor finally tried dark tinted glasses. *poof* the symptoms were gone. Grasping the impact of light on life is both incredibly useful as it is sad when you look back to when we knew less.

10. Saichi

Saichi New Member

We were intentionally kept ignorant of light, but they knew the whole time. Gotta tip your hat to the cabal, how ingenious to create a society using the most biologically destructive frequencies where for all intents and purposes nobody knows anything's wrong.

11. drezy

drezy Gold

I'll write this once.

Let go of they forever.

12. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Didn't know I was holding on, regardless they'll exist and have defined all of Western political and economic history.

13. @Saichi - I'm struggling a bit hear. My understanding is UVB (280–315 nm). I don't know how to get to mW/m2 values for comparison. If you can help, I would appreciated it. - Thank you

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Define what you are saying!
    Who are they?
    A little green people from Mars?
    Something, somebody else?
    -----------------------------

15. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I don't understand your question. I gave my power density measurement in milliwatts of the UVB frequency.

drezy likes this.
  16. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Central bank families, the mafia which finance and control all major industries and resources on the planet.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020 at 2:32 PM
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

You did.

@John Schumacher in lieu of direct spectrometer measurements. You can sorta kinda derive your UV-B almost from your current UV index.

So far the best pointer I can give to newbies is Catherine Austin Fitts interviews (emfwarriors did an interview!). Ifanyone is ready for the caffeinated version add the search term break away civilization to her name in a search bar.

John Schumacher and Anne V like this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold