1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sunlight and my winter of discontent

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Carol Palmer, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer New Member

Hello All,
    Greetings from KY
    I have been following for months, learning as much as I can while balancing computer time and outdoor time. So.. basically I decided that enough was enough and jumped in the deep end.

I am 54 (55 in 2 days) and 2 of my 4 besties have already had breast cancer. These are women who have never smoked, ran marathons, workout, eat healthily and are of normal weight. One with a strong family history. Long story short, I did not start hormones post-menopause due to fear. All of the things you hear about menopause are TRUE (let me change that sentence because my friends and I had NO idea what to expect-evidently this is a secret shame that should not be discussed)

So.. I started hormones (estrogen, testosterone and progesterone), red light therapy, sunrises, all day sun, and ice baths and blue blockers at the same time. I have had amazing results and am starting to feel healthy, free, creative and happy. I continue to weight train 2 days a week and walk my dogs most days.

I love technology so ignored as much as possible all of those posts

Prior to initiating these changes, I had a dexa scan for body composition and found my body fat was 40% even though my BMI was 22. This was with a clean diet, lots of protein and the world's best trainer. I was fatigued, slept a lot but never felt rested, was (am) grieving my empty nest and working a job that does not utilize my strengths.

I had some initial biohacking lab work done recently. My usual labs CMP, CBC and Chol have always been normal.
    Cortisol Total-drawn at 8am 10.8
    ACTH 40
    DHEA 127
    Pregnenolone 65
    IGF 151
    Vitamin D 56
    hsCRP 3.95

Why the labs that I had? I was trying to look at precursors that affect pathways (remember I am a baby). I was mostly happy except for the hsCRP which motivated action. I had to assume it is environmental so I started paying attention to nnEMF and learning what I could. I bought a meter and then made several changes to my office. Moved my router to the basement and started turning it off when not in use. Phone is on airplane mode unless in use.

Am I off base in thinking my hsCRP is linked to nnEMf?
    Did the high hsCRP influence my other labs? I spent the summer outdoors so I was expecting my Vitamin D to increase but it dropped from last year.

Again, Hello All, I am looking forward to enjoying the journey.....

Jenelle likes this.
  2. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I begin by saying I am no expert, but your cortisol and DHEA are both low for an AM blood draw and I wonder about your adrenals. If it were me I'd take a break from exercise, get real cold all winter and eat lots of fish/seafood and fats. What is a "clean diet" to you? Have you changed this along with your other efforts? Are you grounding when outside? Blocking ALL artificial light at night? Do you live around a lot of nnEMFs? What type of red light are you using and are you sure you aren't doing too much which can then have negative effects? And where do you find your fellowship and joy amid the changes you are making (which can be isolating) and also experiencing (the empty nest)?

3. Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer New Member

Hi Lieselk-Thank you for the response.

A clean diet to me is no (limited) processed food, no grains lots of protein, eggs, chicken grass-fed beef. Working on the fish and seafood as this KY girl was not raised on that. I am grounding each morning and also sometimes at sunset. I am back at work for the winter so that makes life more difficult. When I saw my hsCRP I thought my work environment was the likely culprit. I was at my mental and physical worst when I left here last summer and that started my journey. I knew nothing about nnEMF so I did not know what the problem was, I just knew I was sick.

After getting my labs, I looked at my environment and had a wireless router repeater within arms length, a panic button on my desk for emergencies and a wireless thermostat in my office which is tiny. My cell was also on my desk and at home my wireless router sat beside my computer. I purchased a meter recommended on the mitochondriac facebook page and it was somewhat scary! I was adding to all of that nonsense by getting much to close to my red light which is Mito Red (WOW). After removing all of that-the heavy feeling in my left ear finally went away.

I have clear blue blockers for daytime-which is difficult. Loved contacts and RA optics amber lense at night. No lamps at night. Night light is red.

I have great friends and they are supportive of whatever I choose to do, so far none on the path. My hubby will wear blue blockers at night. That change took 3 months. Patience is not my strength....

LieselK likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Carol and welcome.....

Please start a journal in the optimal journal section. They are great to keep track of all the changes we are making in our life.

5. Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer New Member

Thank you. As a new member, any direction to what is most appropriately posted where is appreciated.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Carol Palmer
    I suggest that you pick only one thread, this one or other elsewhere.
    Then discuss your health problems.
    So;
    someone who will try to get familiar with your situation could get all about you in one place.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are just after shooting a breeze, it can be done anywhere.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Carol said:
    I am 54 (55 in 2 days) and 2 of my 4 besties have already had breast cancer.
    So.. I started hormones (estrogen, testosterone and progesterone),
    Cortisol Total-drawn at 8am 10.8
    ACTH 40
    DHEA 127
    Pregnenolone 65
    IGF 151
    Vitamin D 56
    hsCRP 3.95
    =======================================================================
    ======

I had a dexa scan for body composition and found my body fat was 40% even though my BMI was 22. This was with a clean diet, lots of protein and the world's best trainer.
    ===============================================
    @Carol Palmer
    Consider hiring another coach.
    try
    @DrEttinger
    https://www.advancedhealing.com

[​IMG]

Dr. Ettinger’s Distance Consultation Program
    https://www.advancedhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/Distance-Client-Program-revised-01-January-19.pdf

=====================================

@drezy
    per @Jack Kruse dexa scan is of little value as a bone scan.
    He suggested something else.
    I think it was
    Tumor Necrosis Factor-α
    but I am not able to confirm that via my notes.
    Could you please help?
    It would also help to establish good ICD-10 code.
    I have already tried
    M17.12
    and it was rejected by my insurance (when tried the second time, but the first time it worked), go figure.
    There is something more recent, somewhere. But both dexa and TNF alpha are mentioned by him here:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-2#post-113774
    http://jackkruse.com/what-are-the-optimizing-labs/

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

You talkin to me?

Are you looking for this kind of info?
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/stellas-journey-to-health.10007/#post-113371

8. Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer New Member

9. Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer New Member

Thanks for the input! I will figure out the blog. Journal for myself only and then questions in open blog

The Dexa scan was not for my bones but to evaluate my lean mass versus my fat mass. Done in conventional obesity management by a few and is considered most accurate measurement. I needed a starting point on my journey and this was before I knew anything about this path.

My trainer is Jim Laird and I am lucky to have him in my area. There is no one better.

My younger sister has been diagnosed with severe osteoporosis using the Dexa so the thread is valuable knowledge and I appreciate the thread share. She has now started reading the blog and making some changes. She is a retired dentist (at 49) and so worked with heavy metals. Any ideas if there is a link to Amalgam, eg heavy metals and osteoporosis?

Jenelle likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am not sure, but it is close to it.
    I think that @Jack Kruse specifically pointed out to dexa scan telling that it is not to hot and pointed to something that he liked.
    But what he liked (I think) it was TNF alpha (as a test).
    You
    pointed to the solution when TNF alpha is high.

I was taking
    Pentoxifylline (Trental)
    sometime around 2008.
    And still, have a bottle. Wonder if I should resume. But my TNF alpha lookd decent when I tested recently.

upload_2019-11-13_12-59-29.png

upload_2019-11-13_13-0-39.png

11. Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer New Member

Thank you for the information

12. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

@Carol Palmer ~ welcome!

Jim Laird. He’s on board and knowledgeable. I’m guessing he’s the one who sent you in this direction? What a blessing. :)

Carol Palmer likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Most sick humans are manipulators of nature. They have replaced man's truth with the Universe's truth. At some level, we are all manipulators in some form.
    I like to think of myself more as an outcome engineer by showing the way back home to Nature. Health is the slowest form of death we create with our choices. Do not cheat yourself from this truth.
    Never attempt to manipulate nature or the people in your circle of six. Nature will pay you back with contempt. Just because something isn't a falsehood does not mean that it isn't uber deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks in mere half-truths in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.
    [​IMG]

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks in mere half-truths in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction. (JK)
    ----------------------
    I had a professor who was making distinction between artists and craftsmen.
    He was admiring artists, more or less, regardless of what they actually did.

-----------------------

15. Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer New Member

Yes Jim is fabulous, was not happy with the immediate suggestion that I get a better coach!!!

Jenelle likes this.