1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sungazing

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Relibeli444, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Relibeli444

Relibeli444 New Member

Is sun gazing safe/optimal if it's done outside the windows of sunrise/sunset? If it's okay to sun gaze outside those hours, should I be looking directly at the sun or 15-20 degrees off. I've been going outside every hour for a "coffee break" as Jack calls them, to look at the sun. I've been hearing mixed things about sun gazing during peak hours though. Anyone have any insight into this?

2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I picked up a book by Ophthalmologist W. Bates many, many years ago and I was fascinated by his unorthodox, highly controversial (called a quack by establishment-- that's almost always a seal of approval), but successful ideas for improving vision and eye health.

One of his more controversial ideas was what he called 'sunning' or exposing eye to sunlight. This was supposed to strengthen eye and improve vision disorders.

As I understand it (I could be wrong-- a long time since I read the book) his sungazing method was called sunning. It involved exposing direct sunlight to closed eyelids for about 3 minutes a day (some think he recommended direct staring at sun but wouldn't that burn out your retina unless you take precautions).

Staring obliquely at sun should be safe and I do it all the time and still have my vision.

KrusinWitchie likes this.