1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sun Eater Journeyal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by BigSkinny, Aug 5, 2017.

1. BigSkinny

BigSkinny New Member

Hello all. I have been studying Jack's observations for a month through YouTube. Hint, If you watch them all even the deepest concepts eventually hit home through sheer repetition! I joined because there are still details to absorb and apply.

I came upon, optimal theory? Through my obsession with changing my health mid life. I will optimize the second half of my life. I feel, and percieve through studying, that being a mitochondriac is an actual path to that end result. Heart disease and diabetes are common on my Puerto Rican side. Obesity on the Irish/French side. My Grandparents on Mom's side made it to thier late eighties without dementia or heart disease but were still dependent on a slew of medications. In fact, a misplaced pill in the wrong container recently took my Nanny's life. She would have made it to her late 90's otherwise, but I digress. My father is a darker skinned "Hispanic" in the summer and a standard olive complected guy in winter. Mom is white enough to see through. I tan easily and rarely burn but have had some bad ones in my time, not lately though, d-minder!

3 months ago I weighed 305, I now weigh 260 due to:

ketogenic eating

sleep management

moderate but intense exercise in the early sun and earthed whenever possible

Over the last month I have integrated:

Intermittent fasting, 1 meal a day after work (usually) this was a natural progression of keto and kicking carb addiction/ food is becoming less important to me, yessss!

Sun/earthing, thus the workout methodology

Blue light mitigation EVERYBODY clowns my three pairs of always accessible uvex glasses

Spring water whenever possible

EMF avoidance, almost impossible but little bites

Increasing my seafood

I feel like these optimal protocols while not implemented perfectly have kick-started my second phase "the second 50 lbs" and I look to apply them more often. Even if optimal living was pure quackery, it isn't, there is nothing like a Sphinx workout- running, sort of, up the hills barefoot and swinging my kettlebell while earthed as UV starts to hit around 0830. I will always do this. Always.

That is my journey thus far. Would love some input/pointers on how I can further optimize. I will start logging diet here as I have stopped tracking macros after three months straight on myfitnesspal. IMF and experience have made it easier to mentally track macros. Imagine if I lost 100 lbs in 6 months?! I believe only mitochondriacity will make that possible.

2. JoeT

JoeT Gold

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Just keep going and being consistent.
    Did you buy a decent meter yet? (Cornet or better)
    If not, I'm thinking this would be the next big step....taking a detailed look at your Environment.

caroline likes this.
  3. JoeT

JoeT Gold

Also, establish baseline labs......very basic ones like Bun/Creatine, Vit D, Free T3&T4, Free Testosterone, DHEA, HBA1C, ASI, and salivary melatonin would give you a good look at where you are and where you need to go.

caroline and BigSkinny like this.
  4. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Marvellous! Well done on the weight loss!

I'm with you, repetition is key! :)

caroline and BigSkinny like this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome.....you are doing great!

BigSkinny likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Where father came from usually does not count much.
    We inherit most from mothers.

Get your haplotype, usualy from 23andme.com
    find out where your grandma was 10000 years ago.
    Try to reside at that latitude or slightly closer to equator.

Generally,
    closer to poles more seafood
    closer to equator less but more local carbs.
    In particular,
    I found that it rarely works as planned, too many variable??
    I can figure that one out only by (properly) testing my fatty acids.

We are super efficient machines,
    working hard is not going to help you loose weight,
    but will shorten your life.

Track your 4xsaliva cortisol
    to see if you are doing good job when trying your best in following Circadian Rhythm.

/////////////
    Puerto Rican father,
    Irish, French mother
    nice mix overall
    but from mitochondria pov you are French/Irish

seanb4 likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

8. BigSkinny

BigSkinny New Member

It's pretty obvious from my skin to hat I not only inherited her mito but I am also naturally pale like her. My daughter ran a DNA profile and my aunt as well. We are predominantly British isles on Mom's side my Nanny was born and raised in Ireland. With, go figure, 8% African DNA. My French great-grandmother was born in Haiti and her people had been in Haiti, through the French Empire, for decades. BTW I live in n an apartment complex surrounded by 20 or so WIFI signal I don't need a meter to tell me I am screwed. Thankfor your input.

seanb4 likes this.