1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sun and Skin

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Tfreeman, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I temporarily misplaced my daytime blockers so used an old pair of sunglasses instead for a bike ride in NYC recently. Have to have some eye protection on as trucks and construction will throw blinding particulates in your eyes otherwise. The psychological effect was immediate in a very depressing way. I felt physically uneasy after about 45 minutes in as well.

About a decade ago before I knew anything about light, being at the farmer's market noticing how vibrant the farmers were without sunglasses in the early morning unlike myself hiding behind sunglasses I had an epiphany then I was being deprived. Of course when you're conditioned to being sick much of your life you have no idea how good it feels to be free from those chains until after you get them off.

2. Charmane

Charmane New Member

<<About a decade ago before I knew anything about light, being at the farmer's market noticing how vibrant the farmers were without sunglasses in the early morning unlike myself hiding behind sunglasses I had an epiphany then I was being deprived. Of course when you're conditioned to being sick much of your life you have no idea how good it feels to be free from those chains until after you get them off.[/QUOTE]>>

Just happened to relate to this. Except for "one really cool" and unusual "fashionable" pair I'd had in 1988, I never liked sunglasses... largely because I've always been cheap ("frugal" ;) ) and I never wasted money on things I didn't absolutely need. In 1993, while visiting Florida, my then-mother-in-law could not believe I was going to the beach without sunglasses and gave me one of her many "extra" pairs. I didn't think it was a bad idea, so I thanked her for the gift and I did wear them every time I went to the beach during that 1-week visit. After returning home, I simply left them in my car and only used them for driving (I'm not just cheap; I also don't like to carry more stuff than I need). Then, in 2003, I attended a Lifeways childcare workshop, and the teachers were standing in direct sunlight, chatting, with nothing but an occasional hand raised over their eyes. One of the teachers was a very close friend of mine, and the other was her very best friend. Don't know why exactly, but because I knew the one teacher so well, it dawned on me that she wasn't likely to EVER wear sunglasses, as I knew she believed in sungazing and that the sun was essential to health and vitality (turned out my intuition was spot-on). As soon as I got home, those sunglasses from my mother-in-law went into the "donation bag." That cheap easily-expendable extra pair had been my only sunglasses for just over 10 years. I bought a pair 13 years later when I went to Mexico, only because I'm superstitious and I'd worn a pair during my upcoming trip in a dream. I wore them about 2 hours total... just to re-enact the dream... which, in "real life," strangely went nearly exactly the same as did the dream. Came home and put the pair in a drawer for sentimental reasons only. Haven't worn sunglasses ever since. "Found" Jack Kruse online in 2019, and I have no plans to ever wear such things again. Shade is all I should ever need if it's just too bright to see.

John Schumacher likes this.