1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sun and Skin

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Tfreeman, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

to just try H2O2 topically is really cheap and easily available everywhere :)

Carol Palmer and drezy like this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

How would you use it?

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

My successful use that made my spot(just a 2x2 mm area of dry, rough, little darker colored skin) completely disappear in a few weeks happened like this;

I got me H2O2 3,5% without any additives. Is a little more expensive than the regular stuff but not much. Regular might work as well though, but I wanted to use the best ;)

So I just put it on the spot in the morning after my shower, and in the evening after washing my face. Massaged it gently into the skin/spot for a while. Sometimes I did it during the day too a couple times when I remembered. Just used my finger to pat it on, but you could use a Q-tip too. Is maybe easier.

The H2O2 got a bit on the skin around the spot too but it did not make the healthy skin irritated or anything. Only the spot got a bit irritaed first, and got more dry and I could see it even better(I though -oh shit but I need to continue this and not give up even if it seems worse now! :eek:).
    Sometimes it stung a bit.
    I just continued doing it - and after a few weeks the skin was easy to peel off and the spot was gone. Huh!

That is how easy it was :)
    I cant find that spot anymore.
    And I had it for maybe 2 years? Pretty cool if you ask me :) :)

John Schumacher, Anne V and drezy like this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

I got the idea when I googled H2O2 and skin lesions. I read that many people had success with it. Age spots, skin cancer, etc. So I thought why not give it a try :) So glad I did :)
    No Idea what that spot was as I never went to the doctor with it though. But it does not matter either. I now have a new way of treating skin issues I am very happy about :) :)

Anne V and drezy like this.
  5. Anne V

Anne V Silver

so happy to go to Mexico in March
    after 5 weeks hospital and shit meds i take ...some i might need
    to 6 months before review

skin really dry . just started doing something about it
    as i could not b4 wash or hydrate with anything.
    anybody with a great idea?

6. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Must remember that Inger, had a spot cut off my leg probably 10 years ago, & that was before I started getting as much sun as possible. Just read yesterday that aloe vera gel straight from plant is great for sunburn, also if you put it on your skin it's as good as sunscreen. I've got some in a tube but doubt whether it could be effective as straight off the plant. Only sunscreen I wear is a tinted zinc on face & neck sometimes due to vanity reasons!!

caroline likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

do you take cold showers Anne? cold baths? I find I don't need anything on my skin -it seems quite soft and plump.
    except for the darn wrinkles!
    If I take hot showers etc. my skin gets very dry.
    I have a vitamin E oil I sometimes use - but it is more because I love the smell and feel girly:p

8. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Perfectly good question.

Isn't hydrogen peroxide a redox bleaching agent, so you are just bleaching out the pigmented blemish?

9. drezy

drezy New Member

I think one of the things you need to get used to here is to do homework on the absorption nd emission spectrum of any substance.

I'll pitch you up a slow ball. What is the similarity with h2o2 and SkQ1?

10. @caroline - Have you tried different "mineral" cold baths?

11. @Jenny S - How's your solar callus coming along?

12. @Anne V - How has IR-A therapy worked for you?

13. Anne V

Anne V Silver

working well xcept for areas near the cut
    the cut being from the throat to the stomach

John Schumacher likes this.
  14. So you're able to apply IR-A therapy on your back?

15. Brent Patrick

Brent Patrick Silver

This has been sprouted all over social media by certain individuals.The problem with this suggestion is that these particular individuals never make a divide between PUFA'S coming from Seafood or Fish Oil Salmon Oil Etc.There is a huge difference in how the body metabolizes PUFA'S from the above mentioned.

As a matter of observation I have observed elderly Gentleman in their 70's 80's 90's (European descent) who still work Sydney fish Markets in the Sun who all consume a heavy seafood diet no age spots at all and very fit.

Yet I know several individuals in their 40's who consume Fish Oil Capsules and are tanned who have age spots, again observation but these fish market gentleman are enough to convince me and applying my own n=1 that seafood is not the issue and either is saturated fat.

This is a great book to read which will dismiss many outlandish social media claims going around especially when you realize these individuals are trying to sell you something.
    I refuse to take advice from someone in their 20's or 30's when they are promoting products.

My father ate saturated fat straight off the bone of steak never took fish capsules was out in the sun all day and he had zero age spots.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Anne V, drezy, caroline and 1 other person like this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

no I haven't - have you?

17. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

As far as I know John it's excellent, I never get sick, not even a cold. Any way of knowing exactly?

18. Anne V

Anne V Silver

no, standing up as it is a panel .

19. drezy

drezy New Member

gut feel makes me think standing during exposure would have better lymphatic circulation useful during healing too

20. When your solar callus is in place, you don't burn. However, because of it's protection, you can absorb more UV which is generally a good thing for all our bodily functions - hormones, general well being as well as pressure(s)...

caroline likes this.