1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sun after 11 am

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Mover, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Mover

Mover New Member

Dr. I live in upstate NY. I hear you talk about taking in that sun between sunrise and 11AM. What about after that? Afternoon and early evening sun. As long as I'm not falling asleep in it. Is there something besides that i should be cautious about.?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Too late......as soon as the sun rises you need your retina on it.

3. Mover

Mover New Member

Thank you. Will do. But what effect is the sun giving me after that 11am time.? Im in the sun all day with students most days.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is solid but you have to use early AM light to re entrain the SCN daily to get everything re yoked when you live in a bad environment. Watch the Alexander Wunsch video on why the sun is good.............it is critical

5. Mover

Mover New Member

Thank you, I will. Enjoy your weekend ! Very interesting stuff.

6. Mover

Mover New Member

Alexander Wunsch video on why the sun is good..

Catalin likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

BOOM

Brent Patrick and Catalin like this.
  8. Mover

Mover New Member

Really confused. Dr Holick states that most vitimin d is late morning , early afternoon. That you do not get Vit D in the early morning. That early morning sun can increase the chance of skin cancer because of absorbsion of UVA Radiation. Wtf. I'm always reading about this but not being a scientist or Doctor it is difficult to determine what is correct.

I'm in upstate ny

Here is the link: http://www.grassrootshealth.net/holicksuntranscription

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Vitamin D is A UVB light. So that makes sense. You pituitary hormones need balance red blue light to release 6-9 AM. Listen to the Anna Cabecca podcast I did and then watch the Alexander Wunsch video I have posted 50 time on the benefits of sunlight.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11. Michael Polito

Michael Polito New Member

Thank you Doc!

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

your precise location by latitude longitude and altitude........all affect the local zip code you live in and all control % heteroplasmy on your mitochondrial respiratory proteins because of their link to melatonin cycles.

13. Michael Polito

so just to be a bit more simplified. I am not looking to sit out in the morning sun very long? Maybe an hour? afternoon about the same? I have noticed better sleep getting out first thing in the morning for just 15 ro 20 min.( setting my eye clock) I am normally outdoors in the afternoon. Winter also.

14. Here's what I do
    At least 15-20 min between sunrise to 9am to wake the brain and turn on the pituitary gland
    then at solar noon depending on latitude, skin color, and elevation get 20min -1 hour (ideally naked) for vitamin D production.
    While indoors during the day add in more RED & Purple lights to counteract blue light toxicity. wear blutech/gunnar type blue blockers
    Once the sunsets kill all blue lights, cover surfaces and wear red lens glasses.

Jude likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

AM sun has balanced blue and red and red penetrates and makes ATP without any need for food electrons. When UV light shows up on the skin it is capable of lowering ATP status meaning we are designed to eat food when the sun is out. This raises the question why? IS this why D3 and insulin are solar hormones at the quantum core of human life?

Yep.

How is insulin’s action quantized? When energies of electrons are higher because of the action of the photons of the sun, that signal is transduced by the cytochromes in the electron chain transporters. Most electrons from carbohydrates enter at cytochrome one because NADH is a fluorophore protein. It absorbs best at 340 nm range of light which is strongly in the UV range of the solar spectrum. This couples photoelectrically with insulin release from the pancreas.

Photoelectrically? Really? How? In plants sunlight hits a Magnesium atom at the center of chlorophyll to liberate and electron that is immediately ferried away to a reaction center called P680 to liberate electrons from water. The first step in photosynthesis is the oxidation or BURNING of water to liberate electrons. When wood burns in air, oxygen atoms pull electrons from carbon atoms. The electrons in carbon are lovely attached so carbon burns easily. When a plant or animal burns water the process requires a lot of energy. all photosynthetic reactions are unique in that it is the only place in the cosmos where water is burnt to yield electrons. So where do these electrons go in plants? NADPH. Where do they go in animals? NADH. That is the redox couple in cytochrome 1 of mitochondria. These electrons are ferried to oxygen as the terminal electron acceptor in animals. In this quantum dance, protons, are moved, water is charge separated, and ATP is made in two ways. One from a protons force within the mitochondria and another from the penetrating ability of red light in sunlight. If ATP is not made abundantly insulin resistance is the result. Very few people seem to realize that a lack of full spectrum sunlight can drive insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is not a food only problem.

The first step in photosynthesis and sunlight hitting your skin is charge separation of water. Coincidence or quantum design?

This means that an environment with a lowered quantum yield for any reason will also lead to a lowered cortisol level (adrenal fatigue, nocturia, insulin resistance, etc) = high insulin level = insulin resistance = eventual diabetes due to rising heteroplasmy rates.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/insulin-solar-light-hormone-like-vitamin-d3-jack-kruse

LIGHT...........when you are undereducated about light you over supplement with chemicals.

Jenelle, seanb4 and optimizedprimate like this.
  16. Michael Polito

Purple you mean black poster lights? Red lights, you mean amber orange lights? While sitting in front of a computer during the day.

17. pascale ahmad

pascale ahmad Trixibelle

Brilliant video! Where did we go wrong? A hundred years ago sun therapy was cutting edge and now dermatologists have made us fearful of the sun.....

18. Amber lights or RED lights, but the easier thing is to just open the window whenever possible.
    I also have f.lux set to 3100K for daytime use and 1200K for night time.

And remember this is just to do LESS damage to yourself. This is not providing significant repair/recovery/optimal performance.

Nothing replaces the sun.

[​IMG]

19. HenrikB

HenrikB New Member

Thank you for great tips, optimizedprimate.
    If may I ask, why "f.lux set to 3100K for daytime use"? Is that a minimal setting to cut off blue light?
    I'm on a computer for 8h (of course with good morning sun exposure, as well as at least 1.5h total during work hours walking half naked outside; plus I'm facing extensive window wall 6 feet away) and still would like to improve my environment—ideally I would run away from all those computer screens of course.

Thank you and all the best!

20. Dooney

Dooney New Member

Hello,

I am a newbie, and have one initial question...if I cannot see the “actual” sun at sunrise due to trees blocking it for about a half hour or more, is it impotant for me to drive 5 miles to the beach where it is visible?

Thanks, Dooney