1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sulfur is HUGE!

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by chocolate, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Ken23

Ken23 New Member

It wasn't long forgotten. It's what lead me to onions and reading about sulfur in the first place. ThanK you. just trying to understand more

Sean Waters and SeaHorse like this.
  2. I came across a treatment with inorganic sulfur to get rid of bad gut bacteria. In an interview with a German MD and physicist (Prof. Dr. Probst) it is said, that the oral intake of inorganic sulfur (3 tsp per day with meals) will shift the milieu of the gut by bringing in high amounts of electrons, so that only friendly bacteria can survive, when done for a while. Supposedly the Navy Seals used to take sulfur with every meal.
    He says MSM is also good (for example for bone health) but inorganic sulfur has much greater impact especially on gut health.

Has anybody taken inorganic sulfur for gut health and can tell me about the results?

Sean Waters likes this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I haven't but maybe you want to expand your enquiry. My opinion is that without understanding what else you need to do your results will be finite. To this end read this :
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/april-webinar-meets-sulfur-and-selenium.17861/

Another tidbit . Sulfur must be carried by melatonin to be usable to lift brain sulfate levels. "Melatonin is a night time ferry that brings sulfate from the small bowel to the pineal a night for distribution through the brain by way of the CSF" So while you may have a shift in the gut will you take it where it needs to go? " The microbiome bacteria release a lot of light naturally, along with molecular H2; it is the absence of light, reduction of H2 from the gut, that stimulates the production of melatonin from serotonin. " All from Ubi 4 .
    And then there is this https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/a-little-story-about-infrared-and-ct.9675/page-7 a headsplitter, but when the two docs talk together you get a huge amount of concentrated info.

4. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Great signature.

5. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

Hi all, is high sulphur content mineral water a good dietary source of sulphur? I have seen some waters in the 600-1000 mg/L range.

At the extreme end, I came across this. It has TDS of 12,267 mg/l and Sulfates of 8,141 mg/l. It also has a big amount of magnesium. I don't know how one would incorporate something so concentrated?

http://www.saratica.cz/en

6. Cat D

Cat D New Member

Question. I have a CBS polymorphic genetic mutation which turns sulfur into sulfates/ammonia that the body cannot eliminate causing a host of toxic issues. I also have a polymorphic genetic mutation which puts me at greater risk for estrogen based breast cancer and all research indicates an increase in sulfur foods/supplements to clear the excess estrogen. So what's a girl to do?