1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Suing the city

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Sunny20152019, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Sunny20152019

Sunny20152019 Silver

Our mayor joined with the health department and just mandated masks for all service industry workers in the city. I am aware of all negative consequences, side effects and the lack of functionality of masks in spreading of viruses... I am the general manager of a restaurant and have panic disorder and claustrophobia.. I also notice my staff having headaches, being dizzy and have almost fainting multiple times. Especially in the heat having to run around. I have a meeting with my lawyer on Monday to see if we can sue the health department and mayor on the grounds of toxic work conditions according to the OSHA manual.
    Any suggestions or studies I can present to my lawyer during this meeting? I am only trying to get the mandate lifted for the health of our industry.
    Thank you!!!

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Sunny, sorry to disturb in your Ask Jacks tread.. but I just wanted to share what I am doing.
    Believe me I know how bad it is working as a waitress too and we must use masks in Germany... :(
    I really hope you have success going to court :love:.
    As long as you wait for the process and answer, try use this mask. It helps me a lot!
    I found it on amazon. Especially psychologically it feels way better as you will be able to smile and the customers can see your face. It looks weird but who cares, to me it is way better than the cloth mask. I can breath a little easier in it too as it is open around it and only touches my face at one place beneath my mouth..

upload_2020-7-5_7-35-16.png

Anne V likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Any suggestions or studies I can present to my lawyer during this meeting? I am only trying to get the mandate lifted for the health of our industry.
    -----------
    @Jack Kruse posted this onTwitter.
    https://twitter.com/DrJackKruse/status/1279042695953108994
    https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

upload_2020-7-5_6-54-27.png

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Inger
    please post the link to that face mask.

5. Sunny20152019

Sunny20152019 Silver

Thank you!

6. Inger

Inger Silver

7. Inger

Inger Silver

My boss told me they have to pay 25 000 (!!) euro to the government if a health controller visits and sees a worker or a customer without a mask.
    How sick is that! What a great way to make people fearful and obedient.....
    but the bold ones ignores it - do not pay the 25 000 and goes to court.

Because the government then have to prove to the court it makes sense with the mask - and that they cant do.

So really, there is nothing to fear.

8. Sunny20152019

Sunny20152019 Silver

“Oxygen deficient atmosphere means an atmosphere with an oxygen content below 19.5% by volume.”

1910.134(c)(1)(vi)

(Employers must provide) Procedures to ensure adequate air quality, quantity, and flow of breathing air for atmosphere-supplying respirators;

1910.134(c)(1)(ix)

Procedures for regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the program.

1910.134(c)(4)

The employer shall provide respirators, training, and medical evaluations at no cost to the employee.

1910.134(g)(2)(i)

Appropriate surveillance shall be maintained of work area conditions and degree of employee exposure or stress. When there is a change in work area conditions or degree of employee exposure or stress that may affect respirator effectiveness, the employer shall reevaluate the continued effectiveness of the respirator.

1910.134(i)(1)(ii)(A)

Oxygen content (v/v) of 19.5-23.5%;

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=12716&p_table=standards

9. Sunny20152019

Sunny20152019 Silver

1910.134(i)(1)(ii)(A)

Oxygen content (v/v) of 19.5-23.5%;

1910.134(i)(1)(ii)(B)

Hydrocarbon (condensed) content of 5 milligrams per cubic meter of air or less;

1910.134(i)(1)(ii)(C)

Carbon monoxide (CO) content of 10 ppm or less;

1910.134(i)(1)(ii)(D)

Carbon dioxide content of 1,000 ppm or less; and

10. Sunny20152019

Sunny20152019 Silver

I’d like to see that hearing

Inger likes this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Suing over the mask issue is coming in my opinion

Inger likes this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

Here in Germany there are many lawyers who are in the process of suing the government.
    It just takes time. I am following it. Very interesting.

Top lawyers are doing a corona investigation process live streaming it and asking questions of people working in care homes and also top virologists etc. It is a process that goes over several weeks, about 3 times a week for many hours. I have watched a few already. Very interesting, and moving.
    I had to cry, as a nurse spoke about what has been going on in nursing homes. It is so sad. It is criminal.
    It has nothing to do with human rights anymore. It is a huge crime!
    I am so thankful for those lawyers taking so much time to do this work.
    If anyone speaks German, here is the link to the live streams;

this is the nursing home hearing;

13. Inger

Inger Silver

I am going to tell my boss, if you are afraid of having to pay the 25000 euro, we can make a paper where I agree to take over the bill. I am not scared one bit. I know they can never prove the masks we use protect against any virus. I can go to court. No issue.

John Schumacher likes this.
  14. Sunny20152019

Sunny20152019 Silver

I bought a co2 meter and tested 10,000ppm of co2 within 30 seconds of mask usage. The meter only measures up to 10,000ppm co2, so it was off the charts. OSHA standards are 1,000ppm co2.. My attorney and I are filing a complaint with the health department according to OSHA. We also have a physician on board as an expert witness. To add to the stress, our city is fighting a city-wide mask mandate.. the city council votes on it today! Upside down, idiodic, corrupted world we all live in!!

Anne V, John Schumacher and Inger like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Great for you!

16. Anne V

Anne V Silver

we have been to court for the lock down . have to appeal now . we are doing it
    it is tough as everybody judges included are sold .
    we will win.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Inger and caroline like this.
  17. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes this is true here too.
    But there are a few in between who are not. Thanks god. And then one might have to go to higher court. The evidence is so clear that they have done wrong, it will be really hard for the judges in the end.

Sunny20152019 likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://twitter.com/i/status/1284045033503625227

Clearest definition yet on how Covid deaths are counted - worth sharing so that people grasp the reality This approach has never before been taken, in the history of respiratory seasons If it had been done before, many years over the past decades could have been panic central.

Inger and Sunny20152019 like this.