1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sugar vs. Fat Oxidation with Respect to Carbon Dioxide

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by QiGuy1997, Dec 26, 2013.

1. QiGuy1997

QiGuy1997 New Member

To start this post, I'll list some of the numerous benefits associated with carbon dioxide. It's a powerful vasodilator, it promotes energy consumption and boosts the metabolism, it stimulates mitochondria bio-genesis, it enhances body oxygenation (this is called the Bohr effect), it protects neurons, it's a muscle relaxant, and it has many other desirable effects on the body. The beneficial effects of carbon dioxide are outlined in quite a detailed way at this site, here: http://www.normalbreathing.com/

Further, Dr. Kruse has mentioned the beneficial aspects of CO2 before. Here is what he wrote in a previous thread that I started a few weeks ago:

"Under the control of insulin, glucose adsorption sites on proteins and enzymes become exposed to the environment, and glucose can be burned to replenish the ATP or shunned if the cell is made IR as mentioned above in this thread. When glucose is the fuel, at the same time, carbon dioxide is produced, which functions to stabilize the resting living state. Here is where my cosmology links come back for you to consider........CO2 in cold causes matter in galaxies to condense under the force of the electromagnetic and gravitational forces of physics. In your body the same thing happens in the ABSENCE OF CYTOKINES OR INFLAMMATION. This effect is called the Bohr effect, increases the efficiency with which oxygen is unloaded from the red blood cells, curtailing the production of lactate and protons. Protons are positively charged and consider acids and they do not like Oxygen. In this highly energized coherent state, potassium is preferentially adsorbed to the ionized carboxylate groups on intracellular proteins. This satisfactorily explains why the administration of glucose and insulin can uncomfortably lower blood potassium levels............this is has huge implications for explaining rigor mortis."

Now, I don't fully understand the complex biochemistry behind this post but I got one thing. CO2 is good stuff. My concern can be seen in this very comment by Dr. Kruse though. He specifies that this beneficial CO2 is produced "when glucose is the fuel". This concept is used by a variety of anti-ketosis gurus to justify sugar burning. Fructose and glucose oxidation produces significantly more CO2 per unit of oxygen than fat burning. They say that this boost of "coherent state" promoting CO2 is what makes sugar burning more advantageous to health than fat burning. Now, I'm quite convinced that ketosis/fat-adaptation is the preferred metabolic state, but I can't quite seem to refute the idea that sugar burning promotes healing CO2, an idea which has seemed to be validated by Dr. Kruse himself.

What do you guys think of this? Are the numerous advantages of ketosis merely more important than this one drawback? Or does ketosis have a hidden source of CO2?
    Thanks.

2. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

All I know is that the liver can make glucose via gluconeogenesis so it's not as though we should be aiming to have a blood glucose reading of zero.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

boom........................

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Then let me mind screw you with where I am going.........on the very same issue.

Consider astrophysics for a minute: The only difference is the scales.....the process of what happens in space and in our mitochondria are congruent.

Plasmas are the phase of matter where atoms are ripped apart into electrons and nuclei. Plasmas are primed for strong electromagnetic force interactions with the world around them, because of all the "loose stripped charged particles" they contain. So what contains them in our mitochondria? Mitochondria allow for plasma like interactions in the quantum cell because electrons and protons from foods are stripped and charges are developed. What controls their actions once made?

Hotter plasmas often have nearly all of their atoms broken apart and ionized, whereas cooler plasmas may be only partly ionized. Cold organizes plasma’s. It turns out that magnetic fields also control plasma’s better than anything we know about in astrophysics. In nuclear reactors we can use a magnetic field to control and an out of control plasma. what would happen if the magnetic field changes around a plasma of charged particles? Change the scale from a nebula star cluster and consider the human mitochondria for a moment. The native magnetic field seems to contain action in our mitochondria. But the more charged ions you have, the more electromagnetic force interactions occur within the plasma because of all the free charge, and this is what makes plasmas behave differently from non-ionized gases. Maybe this is why all mammals effectively separate electrons from protons from foods and create free heat? It seems this is the ideal way to create negative entropy by returning entropy back to the environment huh?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Hey did you know CO2 is a charged molecule too? DID you know that gas plasma use CO2 and CO to condense things in cold and form a galaxy or star..........BOOM.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A slowing of electron transfer is the most likely outcome of any mismatch between mitochondrial and nuclear genomes. The reason relates to the mechanism of electron transfer due to poor ATP production. Quantum time is off if electron chain transport is off.

DOUBLE BOOM

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When ECT transport is slow, we make more free oxygen radicals from transition metals. This causes us to rely on glucose metabolism and AMPK pathways. AMPK is tied to carb fuels. NOT GOOD for life....long term unless you are believer of the Peat way.

TRIPLE BOOM

9. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

So we should consume glucose or carbs to get more carbon dioxide? Seem to me that the body regulates CO2 and bicarbonate ion concentration in the blood just like everything else. This is accomplished by proper neural and hormonal regulation. I think we know that piling on carbs especially in the winter does not result does not enhance biochemical or functional balance.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  10. QiGuy1997

QiGuy1997 New Member

Hmm. Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding (I probably am), but your posts seem to address the mitochondrial benefits of CO2. This seems to suggest carb burning over fat burning, as carbs produce far more CO2. This probabky isn't what you're saying but the conclusion from this seems to be boost CO2 production by burning sugar. Is there a way to extract comparable amounts of CO2 from fat/ketones as sugar burners do from glucose/fructose? I havent found any way, but you usually have radical ideas. I've been practicing Buteyko breathing in an effort to up my CO2 blood levels, but I'm concerned that ketosis will offset this benefit. By the way, I got your book for Christmas and I'm loving it.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is.......you'll be hearing about it shortly on the blog

12. QiGuy1997

QiGuy1997 New Member

I'm anxiously awaiting that!

13. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Can someone give the link for this blog please. I know this is an old thread, but from what I have been reading that Dr. K has said if I am reading it correctly that it all matters with environment, sun, water, magnetism and seasonal for food to some degree. Keep it in Epi-paleo but depending on the season, maybe eat just a little bit more fruits come spring into summer, but keep it simple and do go overboard. Just my collection of thoughts from reading on here.