1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sue-UK Journal 2018

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sue-UK, May 26, 2018.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Time for a fresh journal!:)

I seem to be doing much better, I'm very slowly losing weight, people who see me regularly don't seem to notice, because the difference between each meeting seems so small, but I met a friend I haven't seen for 18 months yesterday, and the difference between then and now was obvious. :cool: I'm happy with the rate of fat loss, living in the cold lane over the winter it has felt like I'm a hibernating bear losing weight slowly, particularly during the overnight hibernation period. I'm never thirsty overnight as I have been in the past, and I don't wake up desperate for a drink of water. I'm drawn to drinking more in the evening, intuitively it feels like I'm craving drinking my first freeze well water to slightly deuterium deplete my blood before going to bed, so that excess deuterium in the fat I burn doesn't get dumped back where I don't want it. I don't need to get up in the night to pee, so I think my vasopression circadian rhythm is OK? And my environment is not stopping fat burning?

In the Somlyai book the mention of Aspergillus niger (p48) keeps jumping out at me. ..."which in a heavy water medium turns alabaster white which means that the fungus is unable to produce the pigment responsible for the black color."

So if I was/am deuterium loaded, deuterium depleting could be improving my melanin/alpha MSH pathway? I'll keep going ....I seem to be tanning much better, considering the number of days of bad weather :rolleyes:.

We've had some good days of UV 5/6, but a lot of days of rain, but I just take it when its available, and don't fret the rest of the time. The no longer fretting about a few days of rain interested me. It's a definite mental shift.

Although its a study on rats using oral vitamin D3, http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.429.8534&rep=rep1&type=pdf the percentage of vitamin D3 in the brains of supplemented rats following a period of D3 deprivation is interesting, particularly compared to the percentage going to and being released from the fat cells and skin. (table 1).

In a book about vitamin D, in a bit that talks about Parkinson's and dopamine, it talked about the area of the brain that is affected having a very high concentration of vitamin D receptors. But what jumped out at me was "Intriguingly, dopamine can actually bind to the vitamin D receptor. "

Intuitively it makes sense that if the brain can't rely on having high vitamin D levels at the end of winter, or during hibernation, there would be survival value in something else stepping up to the brain's (deuterium normal) vitamin D receptor plate .... :confused:

Alex97232, Lahelada, Joyfun and 3 others like this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Greetings Sue!

While it’s of course awesome that you’re doing better and have started a new journal to reflect that, I have mixed feelings about the old one perhaps slipping into obscurity? Your journal was among several that I read voraciously when I first found this site, drawn back again and again by your brilliant insights, keen humor and sense of...otherworldlyness. Would be a shame for others to miss out on that opportunity. May I suggest adding a link to the old one? (Feel free to tell me to bugger off with this...:))

CjHedberg, Alex97232 and Joyfun like this.
  3. Joyfun

Joyfun Intuitively curious

@Sue-UK
    Hi Sue-UK,
    Phosphene certainly piqued my interest on reading your older journal.
    What worked for me losing weight when I was not even trying, was to eat my 2 meals outside AND my feet grounded. I went from 129.8 pounds ( 58.9 Kg) in April 18, 2017 to 118.8 pounds (53.9 Kg) in August 3, 2107. My weight stays between 117 and 118 pounds. My last meal ends by 3pm. I do eat a fruit serving at 5pm. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall (
    apx 165 cm).
    A link sounds like a nice idea to the older journal. :):):)

CjHedberg and Phosphene like this.
  4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Thank you for your kind words, and thinking about it, it might be useful if I know I've posted some info in there somewhere, so https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/the-blogs-and-a-changing-journey.13824/, :) All my printed blogs and research is currently ummm in transit …:)

I'm living in 2 mobile homes on the edge of the field, near my old house. Love it, its in a T shape, with 2 doors connected by decking. The East Wing is the sitting room, kitchen area, a snug, a bathroom and an office and The West Wing has the living area as our bedroom, bathroom, and the dining area has the washing machine etc (not on at night), a room for my lights, and 2 bedrooms. In our bedroom my side of the bed is only a couple of feet away from a second outside door, and I've rigged it up so that with a couple of bricks stopping the door from either slamming shut or swinging open and hitting the exterior, I can have the night air blowing on my face. The birds are my alarm clock to get up for the sunrise. My bath is outside … Places to sunbathe, eat outside … bliss, its like going on a looong caravanning holiday.

We're not ready to sell our old house yet because the universe had something up its sleeve … the first floor apartment we already own had the tenant leave, and that was going to be our winter bolt hole if the weather forces a temporary migration, and until then it was going to be somewhere our student children could stay in when they came home. (i.e. they do their own washing cooking and cleaning, and no moaning about my turning off the lights or wanting to do a meal well before sunset etc ;)). But it would have been a squeeze if we'd needed it as a bolthole when they were there. But the apartment underneath came up for sale, and the deal was done before it hit the open market…Gotta love a bit of synchronicity..... we should pick up the keys tomorrow, and be able to furnish it with what's left in our old house and then clear the rest in one hit. Two two bed apartments is much cheaper than one 4 bed house - and when our house is sold we'll be mortgage free …. more winter holiday money. :cool: And with my never needing to use the upstairs apartment, no extra washing, cooking or cleaning for them ….:thumbsup: And if we want to go out in town for a meal or a drink without having to drive home, we can. In 3 years time when the youngest finishes full time education we can rethink it … Until then, 9 months minimum in the countryside, 3 months max of the apartment (with holidays booked in the 3 month time frame) …. gotta be worth a hack. :D

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

well done Sue ....you rock!

Alex97232 and Phosphene like this.
  6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Joyfun :)

That didn't work for me when I was leptin resistant, heavily glycated (which affects sun absorption), and when I couldn't burn fat effectively at night. I would read about people effortlessly losing weight, was doing what they were doing and breaking the ice in mid winter and freezing my arse off, and although there were improvements it took the mild deuterium depletion to really start moving the needle, and my summer lodgings are helping. Every time I move between the east and west wings, I get a sunlight snack. :D At the latitude I live at, I expect my optimal weight to vary with the season, if I stay within a pound all year, its a circadian mismatch. I very rarely weigh myself, and now I've moved I don't even have a kitchen scales, or ml measuring things for liquids. I cook by eye smell and taste, the chunk, the dollop, the slosh and the sprinkle method. :)

Alex97232, caroline and Phosphene like this.
  7. Joyfun

@Sue-UK
    Hi Sue-UK,
    I started reading your old journals from your link. I am up to page 4. You mention that you could not ground during the night hours. I have been using a grounding pad for about 7 years. The problems I am aware of is Dr. Kruse said to stay away from the grounding rods in 5G. I don't know if this was specifically grounding rods connected to earthing or grounding pads. Also, in the United States, a grounding pad into the wall would be bringing in dirty electricity from the grid. Here in Israel, the wall outlet is connected to a wire into the ground. I hope that does not turn out to be dangerous.
    If the grounding pad turns out to be OK where you live, you could place it on your abdomen. I recently ordered a new one from:
    https://www.groundology.co.uk/products :):):)

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Joyfun

Yes I've got a yoga grounding mat from them, probably a few more pages in on the old journal … I use it as a runner on the bottom of the bed with my feet and calves on it overnight, grounded outside. It has definitely helped. Belly grounding outside is also awesome. :cool:

9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

So the new info on the skin has had the cogs going ….. What about the skin on the eyelids …
    I found a pic online of the anatomy of the eyelid skin, which is the thinnest skin in the body, but it has some SQ fat …. (information signalling for animals with fur who may have to almost close their eyes to protect the eye from freezing or UV reflection from the snow and ice - sense of smell more dominant than sight?)
    [​IMG]

(Source https://www.centrallakesclinic.biz/eyelid-diseases/anatomy-of-the-eyelids.html).

I'm at a point with my damaged eye that I can't look to the left or right of the sun once its above the tree line (yellow/UV becoming dominant), because the reflex in my right pupil isn't working properly (I have developed a slight white film over part of my right pupil - I don't want a name for it....). I spotted it whilst peering at my skin in a magnifying mirror, DH couldn't see it from his distance to it peering over my shoulder at my reflection, but he did see it through a proper magnifying glass. I almost need diagonal eyelids :rofl:but in the absence of those, for my n=1 I need to work differently.

I've also noticed that I am tanning very well, except that I've got white tan lines on my neck from looking down reading the blogs, articles and books. So I've started a hack where I take an ice cube and run it over my face and eyes to just cool the surfaces (don't want my eyelid fat to disappear if it turns out its even more important to a mammal that live in the northern hemisphere), and I massage my face and neck in the cold melt water. Then I'm leaning back in a chair to expose my neck fully, and closing my eyes and sunning my eyelids.

Another thing I've notice recently is that I'm using nicotine gum too much, its not for the nicotine (I could go days without it), but its the chewing. I'm wondering if I'm actually trying to generate current through the facial bones muscles and collagen … :confused: If I do the ice cube facial, and get the sun on my neck and through closed eyes, I'm not interested in chewing gum … Interesting …. :)

10. Joyfun

Hi Sue-UK,
    I have been thinking about what you said about the eyelids. It's those little parts of us that all have an important function. I was looking at my teeth this morning as I was brushing them and remembered reading that each tooth is connected to various organs and that cavities will indicate a problem in its associated organ. The teeth do look like a piano keyboard, so each most likely has its own frequency. I bet people who smile a lot get the benefit of more sunlight on their teeth. :):D:)

Phosphene likes this.
  11. Joyfun

12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I was thinking about babies being born with loads of fat, and they sleep a lot .. Eyelids in sunshine, or in the cold of the den directing the stored fat to develop the brain? :confused:

I did an accidental hack last night .. I'd opened the door by my bed as usual, but pulled the curtain back a bit to let the natural summer night in. (No artificial lighting pollution) The door is east facing, and I stayed fast asleep for a couple of hours after sunrise. The sun wasn't visible, but I would have got indirect morning light on my closed lids. I woke when the sun was rising over the East Wing, so I just pushed the door open fully, and lay there sunbathing with my eyes closed, naked on the bed with my feet on my grounding mat. Awesome! With the short summer nights I've been getting less sleep, and I've got to say I feel better for the extra couple of hours sleep. :)

Alex97232 likes this.
  13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Two pics I've found online that make me think I need to rehack my eye treatment, as the original injury was most likely to be optic nerve related.
    upload_2018-6-13_11-22-31.png

upload_2018-6-13_11-23-25.png

When I first had the injury CTing my eyes was really good, but I think I may have overdone it, if my overzealous icing of the lids caused the fat in my eyelids to disappear. I'm being more cautious this time round.

15. Joyfun

Hi Sue-UK,
    Wow, how can you tell if the fat in your eyelids disappeared from CT on them?
    I wash my face in the morning and night with no soap and only very cold non-fluoridated water. I hope this does not cause my face fat to thin out.
    I have finally sat outside for the last 5 days from 6:30pm to 7pm watching the sun go down. It seems to be very calming and I am in bed by 9pm. Last night I slept better with a 4 hour chunk of sleep for a total of 6 hours. I do not get more than that, but I am not tired during the day and wake up refreshed. I have been waking up at 5am for many years. I have also added my meditation that ends almost at 6:30pm to I can get outside timely. :):):)

Alex97232 likes this.
  16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

When I originally did it, eventually I could feel that my left eyelid was thicker than the right. :eek:

17. Joyfun

OK, if it is thinner now, has Dr. Kruse indicated in his blogs how to reverse it since he says the equation goes in both directions? :thumbsdown:

18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Well fortunately I don't think I went as far as causing apoptosis of the fat cells (like a Zeltic procedure), so there was potential for a refill in line with the light cycle. I don't notice any difference now. Fortunately my "normal" SQ fat is above average. I think I'm programmed to survive the cold dark and boring of winter, its the 24/7/365 living in the warm lane and a history of crash dieting in the past that has bitten me in the arse. :(

Joyfun likes this.
  19. Joyfun

Hi Sue-UK,
    Is it possible that what you thought was a shrinking fat pad was actually some decrease in inflammation in the area? That would be a good thing. :rolleyes::):)

20. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

This is a comparison of the night time timings for my latitude between 21st June and 21st December.

June 21st (on British summer time, actual times one hour earlier).
    Astronomical twilight begins 01:00:01
    Nautical twilight begins 02:57:59
    Dawn - civil twilight begins 04:09:32
    Sunrise: 04:56:12
    Sun at its highest (transit)13:12:57
    Sunset: 21:29:42
    Dusk - civil twilight ends 22:16:22
    Nautical twilight ends 23:27:55
    Astronomical twilight ends 01:00:01

December 21st (actual times).
    Astronomical twilight begins 06:09:29
    Nautical twilight begins 06:49:52
    Dawn - civil twilight begins 07:32:33
    Sunrise: 08:12:09
    Sun at its highest (transit)12:09:21
    Sunset: 16:06:34
    Dusk - civil twilight ends 16:46:09
    Nautical twilight ends 17:28:51
    Astronomical twilight ends 18:09:14

At the moment I'm not naturally getting any complete darkness at night, in December from the end of astronomical twilight in the evening to the time it begins in the morning is 12 hours … Blackout curtains don't seem as effective now because its the dark and boring without the cold, and they block the cool night air..… From usually waking up when the birds start, or just before, I've slept past sunrise a couple of times in the last week, and was wondering about my circadian rhythm going out of whack, but on rereading Energy and Epigenetics 9, Quantum sleep: "Two main mechanisms where melanopsin is used to regulate sleep in mammals are: 1. The circadian mechanism, which determines the optimal time for sleep. 2. The homeostatic system, which keeps track of how long the body is awake and asleep, and triggers "sleep pressure" when the body suffers from sleep deprivation." So as its acute and not chronic, I've been leaving the door right next to my bed open, and the curtain pulled back so that I get the cool from the night breeze in my lungs, and the morning light still hits my closed eyelids and my face. I'm rolling with it for the moment during what for me seems to be a difficult light cycle for optimal sleep ...

Phosphene likes this.