1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sue-UK Journal 2018/19/20

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sue-UK, May 26, 2018.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Interesting - especially the organophosphate link

and the lucid dreaming.... I'd like to do better than dreaming that I was asking Jack about auroras and melanin, but he went to sleep and started snoring. So I woke him up and asked again and he started yawning and went home.

Could be it was just a boring question, but I blamed DH - said he must have been snoring and it filtered into my dream. :rofl: Not as much eye rolling though as the reindeer skin budgie smuggler conversation.. :D https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...es-were-discussed-properly.22923/#post-285713

Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

The AD/Cholinergic link has popped up before on the forum.

Lol! Admit it, you're fantastically and inexorably entangled with DH across the vast centimeters as you sleep.

Sue-UK likes this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Sue,
    seafood like mussels are high in silica :) but land mammal meat is not.
    Another reason to eat more out of the sea, yay :) :)
    Oh man I need to go harvest some oysters soon, have not had them since after New Year. It has been so stormy last days, no way can I get any. Will have to wait for the storm to silence and I will get me some. Need some more copper and silica now!

Hollyrebecca and Sue-UK like this.
  5. 1 [​IMG] True Potassium Silicate for Aquaponics, Hydroponics, Soil and Foliar Spray. for Plants,PH UP, Stronger Than Liquid (16 Ounces)
    ASIN: B07F3JYK8Q

Sue. I have taken a free ride off your research and plan to add this to my compost and garden and use as a foliar spray on greens. Could also use in water for growing broccoli or other sprouts. I believe adding stuff to the bottom of the food chain and allowing it to find its way up to me is best. Thanks for your posts.

6. drezy

drezy New Member

I love to see this type of idea put to the test. Seeing that I have several thousand oyster shells I'll be crushing and using them in this year's garden.

7. Inger

Inger Silver

Drezy, do you have any idea about the silica content in oyster shells?

drezy likes this.
  8. I have a crude shell crushing station in my garden made of cinder blocks. Cant add too much calcium in a rainy area.

drezy likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy New Member

I do not. I like the idea of them being good microbe shelters.

I have a pretty high CaCO3 soil content that I have to watch. What happens with too much calcium in rainy areas.

10. It leaches out of the soil. According to William Albrecht, my favorite dead agronomist, a well bal

drezy likes this.
  11. Balanced soil should have about 75% calcium, 12% magnesium and the remaining amount the primary and secondary micro nutrients. He says the shelves should be stocked with cal/mag before filling in the gaps with the others. The ratios are important. This equates to plant and animal health as well.

drezy likes this.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

"According to another embodiment of the invention, the electrochemical process can be performed at room temperature (approximately 25° C.), preferably at a temperature below room temperature in the range of 0° C. to 25° C., and more preferably at a temperature ranging from 2° C. to 8° C. Although lower temperatures can decrease the turnover rate of splitting and reforming the water molecules, a lower temperature incubation preserves the CO2 gas bubbles introduced at the start of the process and eliminates the need to continuously inject CO2 gas into the water. Thus, using lower temperatures has the main advantage of rendering the electrochemical process technically simpler to execute."

Would the biological equivalent of this be the reason well fed bears might be lean and hungry coming out of 5 months hibernation, but not emaciated? :confused:

13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

It was silicon nanoparticles that drew me to this article, but I found it frustrating because its a jokey "yarn" that left me wondering how much about Si-NP's was accurate, particularly when some of the references talk of "artistic licence" and what I was interested in isn't referenced. I've yet to go through the other references, but it has opened my mind to the possibility of both Si-NPs and "bacterial nanowires" in the human brain. :)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5658613/ Microbiome yarns: microbiome basis of memory

drezy likes this.
  14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

The above is the reason I have switched to a chaga tea made with silica rich water, and little all white button mushrooms are out in favour of ones with oodles of melanin …. CO2 already covered. :D

"According to another embodiment (continuous process), the photoelectrochemical process further comprises continuously dissolving CO2 gas in the water to continuously replenish the CO2 gas as it is consumed and converted to glucose. Any suitable method for continuously dissolving CO2 gas in the water can be used. For example, the CO2 gas can be continuously injected into the water by pipes or tubes connected to a gas pump" (Herrera's book The Human Photosynthesis talks about In humans it is the rising concentration of CO2, not declining oxygen that plays a major role in regulating lung ventilation, and the difference in lung size between those with fair skin and those with dark skin).

"According to a preferred embodiment of the invention, an electrochemical process for producing glucose is performed under sterile conditions, meaning that there is substantially no bacteria present in the reaction. Because bacteria can consume glucose, the presence of bacteria can decrease the amount of glucose produced by an electrochemical process according to the invention." (Melanin derived glucose available to mitochondria in mammals?)

"A purpose of using a melanin device in an electrochemical process of the invention is to prevent the melanin material from dissolving in the water, diffusing through the water, or floating freely throughout the water. The melanin device ensures that the water retains its transparency and melanin is not lost during replenishment of water or CO2 or removal of glucose. Thus, the melanin device allows for the melanin material to remain in contact with the water without being dissolved in the water. The substrate of the melanin device can be any inert material, including, but not limited to, silica, plastic, and glass." (So what happens to our ability to use melanin as a source of mass (glucose) or energy if we don't have enough silica in the human "melanin device"? :confused:

15. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Great for those of us who want to grow our own highly nourishing regenerative ag food!

16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

From May 2018

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6132681/

"Circulating 25(OH) vitamin D crosses the blood-brain barrier and enters glial cells and neuronal cells to be converted into 1,25(OH) 2 D, which is the active form of vitamin D. "

So the brain does not permanently rely on the kidneys to make the active form of Vitamin D …

JanSz likes this.
  17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5187924/ Melatonin: A Mitochondrial Targeting Molecule Involving Mitochondrial Protection and Dynamics

"It was recognized decades ago that the cytoplasm of pinealocytes is rich in mitochondria . The mitochondrial density in pinealocytes is several-fold higher than that in neurons. This phenomenon cannot be simply explained by the metabolic rate of pinealocytes since there is no evidence to show that their metabolic rates are higher than that of neurons. In addition, the morphology of the mitochondria in pinealocytes changes dynamically with the light/dark cycle as well as with the activity of the pinealocytes in different species. During the dark period, corresponding with the melatonin synthetic peak, there are greater relative volumes of mitochondria in pinealocytes compared to the daytime When male mice were exposed to constant light, not only was melatonin production depressed, but many pinealocyte mitochondria appeared swollen with a rarified matrix and reduced numbers of cristae. These changes suggest that an additional function of mitochondria, besides ATP production, may be associated with melatonin synthesis."

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When male mice were exposed to constant light, not only was melatonin production depressed, but many pinealocyte mitochondria appeared swollen with a rarified matrix and reduced numbers of cristae.
    -----------------------
    Rarefied definition is - being less dense.
    -----------------------
    my take

the pineal gland produces a variety of hormones
    that is it excretes certain volume of those hormones
    swollen mitochondria create larger internal distances
    less of DDW is produced in the matrix that have its walls farther apart

mice = nocturnal animal
    under the light, it needs fewer hormones

19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

My take was that If the morphology of the mitochondria in pinealocytes doesn't changes dynamically with the light/dark cycle as its supposed to, its as bad for a nocturnal animal as it is for a diurnal one? Although the paper was about melatonin, for our mouse, swollen mitochondria can't make DDW, without the circadian rhythm of drinking water before sleep, autophagy not likely either.

20. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Thanks to @Pablo I was introduced to 2Cellos. :thumbsup:

I love their version of Benedictus, but first watched this version with the visuals A journey through space and choir first

and then listened with my eyes closed to the 2cellos version.

I am re-mind-ed of cosmic meditations of the past.:love::tears::love::tears::love: