1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sudden low cortisol reaction?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Lyndra, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Ask Jack:

I had an odd experience recently. I used to be an avid cyclist (pre-hypothyroid and adrenal fatigue) but I've been mostly off the bike or riding very easy for months. On Sunday, it was such a beautiful day I went out for about an hour and a half ride and took it very easy, avoided big hills, etc. Shortly after I got home, I started feeling bad. I laid down on the floor for half an hour, feeling nauseated and with a headache. Then I got chills to the point of goose bumps. I had a light lunch and finally felt a little better, but even an hour later, my heart rate was quite high (95, when 60-ish is normal).

Does this sound like a low cortisol reaction? I'm taking it as a sign to stay off the bike for a while longer :(.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

sounds like a gut flora/progesterone problem......BG 9 might open your eyes.