1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sudden dry scalp

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by K123, Sep 30, 2013.

1. K123

K123 New Member

Hi! I have been trying to do the 90 day reset a couple of times but always drop off the wagon when friends are visiting from abroad.
    I have now been sticking to it for the last three weeks now and I see some positive changes...less fatigue in the morning, plantar fasciitis has improved a lot, I don't feel so cold or hungry like I used to on carb fuel. I was also doing the iodine therapy (iodoral+ selenium+ vit c, ATP co-factors, pink salt etc) for a while there but then I have run out of iodoral for a while and I am still waiting for a misplaced package.
    I usually used to have a greasy scalp with dandruff that wasn't so visible if I washed my hair a couple of times a week. But all of a sudden in the last month or so my scalp has become really flaky and dry. It is really embarasing to see these huge dandruff flakes. The little bumpy pains I used to have while combing my hair seems to have almost disappeared but I am not able to figure out what is causing this sudden dry flaky scalp when I am eating epi-paleo - fish, prawns, mussels, beef, chicken (have to for hubby eats only beef n chicken), duck and some veggies.
    I have to accept I have gone away from being 100% complaint because I do eat cheese in UK because it is easy food for when I am not too hungry. Also ate some fruits every now and then. But none of it explains the dandruff yet!
    Any insights would be highly appreciated. Pllleeeeeeeeeeeease help!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dandruff is a sign of a bad vitamin D and A cycle.......So it is likely a circadian sign. The vitamin D blog and the pseudotumor blog may help you.

enyaw likes this.
  3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I have the same issue at almost every season change. Summer to fall being the worst. In a short period of time I go from hydrated dewy skin and locks to some of the driest most uncomfortable skin with hair like straw. It is so bad, cracked heels, dry scalp, even my face, lips and eyelids become ridiculously dry. No amount of coconut oil or upping my water intake helps.

I'll be re-reading the blogs Jack mentioned. Makes sense because I always experience sleep disruption at these times as well.

4. Arborescence

Arborescence New Member

I get a lot of dandruff when I eat carbs, I wonder if this is an ubiquination issue?
    I also get diarhea with fruits while on ketogenic I am at 3 on the Bristol stool chart.

This is hard because Jack says that Ketogenic diet is not good during summer but seems that I don't tolerate fruits.

Maybe it can be a sign of candida dysbiosis or gut hyperpermeability?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Or a shitty environment............