1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

suboptimal growth hormone levels in children

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by kovita, Sep 2, 2014.

1. kovita

kovita Gold

Friend's son was just diagnosed with low growth hormone levels. He is five and he is short for his age, taht is why they ran the test. Other hormones appear in range. I was womdering whether DHEA supplementation could be an option for a child. I think low carb diet is a mus.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I looked into this when we first started dealing with chao's growth issues.

DHEA is naturally low in children, and begings to rise with the onset of puberty. high DHEA in children at a young age can lead to early puberty age 7/8 or 9, as well as other factors

GH -issues - the doc should be looking at the HPA. before starting anything I'd look at exposure to artificial light and its impact on hormones (go back and read CT7 for a refresher on when/how GH is released) IIRC its released 2x in a 24hr cycle - one is contingent upon melatonin release, and the other is contingent upon cortisol/dopamine release

I'd then start focusing on strict circadian cycles, as well as redox potential, and I'd add ice baths into the game.

3. kovita

kovita Gold

thank you, Shijin, that is pretty much what I already told her. We are back at the universal recipe!