1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Stuttering

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by ozbuck, Dec 3, 2017.

1. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Hey,

I'm wondering if Jack or anyone else has any ideas/experience on what causes stuttering and possible tactics to overcome it.

Obviously there's something going on in the neural networks of the brain so I'm interested in any insights people may have in regards to this. It's interesting to note that 99% of people who chronically stutter don't stutter when they talk to a plant, or a dog, or in a room by themselves. It seems that a perceived stress (social anxiety) interacts with the pre-setup neural network to create the stuttering.

Also, many people who stutter who are in a state of full confidence, love, etc find their stuttering greatly diminishes or, even in some cases, disappears completely when in those states.

Any ideas, thoughts, experiences?

Thanks
    Oz

SlamSlask and drezy like this.
  2. taiyang

taiyang New Member

my husband has Tourette syndrome with stuttering. with age both his vocal and muscle tics have gone down. he can repeat a word like 4 times. it usually is more pronounced in a slightly stressful situation.

drezy likes this.
  3. htw

htw New Member

my stuttering was huge but now is little, I'm laughing at it now. In my case SCN (dopamine ale melatonin) was issue. Now I love to talk :D

SlamSlask and drezy like this.
  4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ozbuck, following Jack's protocols does reduce anxiety, whether social or physical.

ozbuck and drezy like this.
  5. taiyang

taiyang New Member

my husband was made fun of at his work. then he asked his doctor for medication to control the tics and was prescribed halidol, which stopped the tics but made him feel like a zombie. he decided it wasn't worth it. he just accepts the way he acts and doesn't care too much what others think. he will try to control himself out in public, but then when we get to the parking lot, he will start making sounds like a horse. he used to have an explosive temper and got in streets fights and was beat up himself. that's improved with age too. i like to say that the more his hair falls out, the better he gets:rofl:

6. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Was this before and after directly tied to the use of Jacks protocols?

Also, what made you come to the conclusion that it was a SCN issue?

7. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

I'm already experience this reduction nonchalant :) Grounding, proper light, good water, etc have made a substantial effect in such a short time, its fantastic

There seems to be something else at play in regards to stuttering... something in the wiring of the brain or how particular chemicals do or don't interact. Maybe someone has further insight into this

8. taiyang

taiyang New Member

i have always thought my husband really macho because he had all these tics and still said what he wanted to say. he takes no crap. he is about 5 foot 6 inches. once he was in a train station talking with his friend in Chinese, their native language. this tall white american dude towers over my husband and rudely says that this is america- speak english. my husband curses at him in his chinglish and said- this is american- i have the freedom of speak! i have too many classic stories like that.

his tourette symptoms really took off at puberty and have subsided with age, so i think in his case high testosterone is involved. he also used to be a chain smoker and big drinker, but now he has replaced that with pokemon hunting, so it's all good.

9. htw

htw New Member

I was stuttering all my life, my blue-microwave environment was issue, when I start to realize how biology works:

the first changes began to appear, and my stuttering began to subside.
    Currently, my stuttering and skin problems (acne) always appear when I am not sleeping well or I am over-trained and I can easlly fix it

do whatever you need and it will be fine, you'll see

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  10. taiyang

taiyang New Member

that was a beautiful video. in a couple of years when my financial responsibility to my children is over, i would love to have a members event at yellowstone.