1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Study - Combo Vit C and Vit K act as redox modulators

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Vervaina, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Vervaina

Vervaina New Member

IV Vit C is being given with IV Vit K3

The anticipated end result is restoration of ox phos and aerobic glycolysis and eliminating a hypoxic environment. Sounds intersting...

Here is one study about VIT C with VIT K:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213231718300934

A bit of summary-

Vitamin K plus C acts as a powerful redox-system, which forms a bypass between mitochondrial complexes II and III and thus prevents mitochondrial dysfunction, restores oxidative phosphorylation and aerobic glycolysis, modulates the redox-state of endogenous redox-pairs, eliminates the hypoxic environment of cancer cells and induces cell death.

The redox-cycles of vitamins C and K are cross-linked and both vitamins can serve as associated redox-modulators (a redox-shuttle). The combination vitamin C&K can serve as a bypass between complex I (or complex-III) and cyt. c of mitochondrial respiratory chain and to donate electrons (directly or indirectly) to cyt. c, passing from reduced to oxidized form. Both vitamins can be also converted into reduced forms, consuming NAD(P)H and/or GSH. These processes are accompanied by an increase in ATP synthesis and accumulation of high levels of NAD(P)+ and GSSH, which restores oxidative phosphorylation and aerobic glycolysis and eliminates the hypoxic environment.

(I think they are using the menadione (k3) form to reach a higher dose K than with other forms ?- I wonder if it also has something to do with it being water soluble?)

JanSz likes this.