1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Studies comparing Redlight devices and sunlight

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Butters, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

There are many studies out, that prove the effectivness of red light treatment in almost all aspects of optimization.
    Are there any studies out that compare this "artificial" treatment to sunlight exposure?
    I know there are many variables beginning with latitude, time of the year and time of the day for sunlight exposure as well as cloudyness etc. that makes this more difficult.
    My interest, since I finish my master of sports science this summer, would be to find out how sunlight (redlight) influence regeneration in training. Scientist already ask the question wether redlight treatment should be seen as a "drug" in competitive sports.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27874264
    But they cant forbid training in sunlight etc. cant they?

So this is only one aspect that catches my interest. My dream would be to get a PHD with doing some meaningfull
    studies about that aspect. Unfortunately there is no research base here in germany about that topic in sports sciences.
    But with the actual trend of indoors sports therapeutic treatment this topic has huge relevance for rehabilitation of traumatic injuries, too.

JCDC likes this.