1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Structured (ie, can't choose the time) Workouts

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by ninja, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ninja

ninja New Member

I'm a martial arts lifer....been doing it since I was 8 years old (now 29). It's something that keeps me sane and happy, and I won't give it up. The only thing is...classes are typically offered at non-optimal times (6pm till around 10-11pm). Does anyone have any idea how I can structure my eating around my martial arts and still be (as close to) optimal?

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Eat before you go to class... so if class is at 7pm - eat before... or eat your BAB...then eat a BAL sometime btwn 2-4 and IF til your next BAB

there are days work precludes me from getting my work out in during an optimal time period...so I'll eat dinner, get the kids to bed and then do a 12min BodyRock.tv session at 930/10pm...then I'm in bed by 1030/11

We strive for optimal...but sometimes you work w/what you've got -that may mean it will take longer...but you'll get there...

3. ninja

ninja New Member

Thanks! That's what I was doing before, so I guess I'll stick to that. I was worried about not getting in any protein after a workout, or working out so late in general....