1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Strange question about body shape

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by AnnieW, Aug 1, 2013.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Hi friends,

This is mostly a question for the ladies but gents feel free to chime in too. I was wondering if any of you have experienced your body shape changing after doing the leptin reset. I don't necessarily mean weight loss. For example, I have an apple shaped body courtesy of PCOS and insulin resistance. I am all belly and I have zero butt and boobs. I was wondering if following Jack's protocol would help my body even out if that makes sense. It's not that I want a huge butt or expect miracles without plastic surgery or extreme workouts, but it would be nice if things started to look more proportional. I wasn't sure if or how doing the reset would affect fat distribution since it seems to be tied to hormones. It would be nice to change from an apple into a more feminine pear, but could the leptin reset help with that? Am I asking too much?

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Annie! I am an apple shape too. After doing the reset for about 3-4 months I went down two sizes although my weight was up about 2 Kilos. In my opinion the apple shape is driven by hormone issues. It was last August that a young woman in a store asked me why I buy my clothes so big! When you are an apple shape - everything is always too tight and uncomfortable ....at least that it how it was for me. I always longed to be a pear shape too! At least it is more feminine. I didn't seem to notice tho that my clothes were falling off me! Very strange - I guess that I was focused on everything else like food and C/T and trying desperately to understand all the science.

So, now, here we are a year later...my weight is down around 8 kilos and I am down 3 to 4 sizes. I actually have found my rib cage and ribs and my waist! This is the least I can ever remember weighing by quite a bit and I look very healthy ...and feel great.

I was always a yoyo dieter ....as soon as I would lose the weight it would come back on no matter how hard I tried and I would always look gaunt and drawn.

I have noticed lately - my friends don't even mention weight loss . I was talking to a friend the other day and all of a sudden she stopped and said - you look great.
    So - yes - your body will reshape but it happens bit by bit and sometimes you don't really notice....it is cumulative. Don't make the same mistake I did.....I bought new clothes last September /october and now they are way too big.

For the last month I have been doing kettle bell swings and it is making a big difference in my core strength and my shape and I love it. If I was younger I would definitely do a movnat with Erwan Lecorre!!

It will happen - no question ..... As long as you are 100% committed to dr. K's protocols. Are you epi paleo? I did much better when I added more fat in.

However - don't forget ......food is only 10% ......following light cycles and elimating EMF exposure and Get sunlight and grounding as much as possible - these are way, way more important. Don't under estimate that.

Good luck on this crazy and amazing journey to optimum :)

3. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

everyone hates me.. I have a natural hour-glass figure.. It used to be a very extreme hour-glass figure.. but now that I've lost all this weight with the leptin reset and am very close to my goal, it's not as extreme of curves.. google waist to hip ratio and you will know what I mean! :) Size 26 down to a 12 (almost 10)!

I agree that the light cycles, etc are very important too..

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are doing great Kate!

5. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Thanks for sharing your stories. Right now I'm between a 24 and 26. If I could get into a 16 again I would be happy. The problem is that I'm tall and I have to special order all my stuff because I can't find tall plus sizes in the stores where I live. The other issue is that most pants aren't cut for apple shapes. This means I have to buy huge waist sizes and I have all this extra fabric in the butt and legs. I think there's an hourglass hidden under the fat somewhere. There's a very defined waist even though I have a ton if abdominal fat. I can see it if I lift my arms over my head. Lol I know it sounds funny but that's the best way I can describe it.

I'm doing my best to eat epi paleo. Truthfully I haven't read about EMF or grounding so I need to look into that.

Thanks again for your help!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Annie -,when you are an apple shape it is a nightmare to buy pants. It is like buying pants for a beach ball! I have definitely been there and you are tall as well.

For me - the most important thing was following the circadian rhythm and limiting EMFs. But - C/T is huge too.....I put bags of ice on my tummy.

Please don't underestimate how all this works together -,you will get there.....

There is a ton of reading I know and you have to read it all more than once to fully grasp it and it takes time to connect all the dots. Don't forget that JK is 7 or 8 years ahead of us all...:)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I forgot to ask. ... Have you had a saliva ASI done? Are you working on your hormones?

Have you looked at the webinars? There are some great podcast too. And have you read Jacks book? These things really help to bring things into focus quickly.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Hi Caroline,

Thanks again for your help. What is ASI? I'm supposed to have some blood work done for my general practitioner but I don't think that includes hormones. I know my hormones are all screwed up from PCOS. I think my GP was more concerned with the cholesterol and all that stuff. I haven't been to my reproductive endo in a year and a half. I'm too depressed to go because I was supposed to have lost all this weight last year so we could try for a baby in January of this year. :(

I haven't read Jack's book but it's on my wishlist. I haven't read about EMF or CT but I have some things bookmarked to read.

Unfortunately I fell off the wagon last week so I have to start the reset over this week. I had lost four pounds in three days. I suck for sabotaging myself but that won't happen again. I think I might start a journal here to keep me accountable. Thanks again for helping!

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

your field determines your shape..........and your shape is a compilation of your hormones.......and your hormones are directly tied to your leptin status and leptin status is directly tied to your energy mass equivalence.........your state is initially determined by who you came from........and to change that momentum you must change your field and in essence your own mass equivalence.

All laid out in here:http://www.jackkruse.com/energy-epigenetics-1-the-infant-brain-is-unique/

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The info wont magically appear in your head unless you do something about it..........

11. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Yes Dr. I know! Thank you for all your help. :D