1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Stock tank - tips tricks

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Lyndra, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Debntx

Debntx New Member

Late... but what about one of those inflatable bath tubs on Amazon - happy life is the one I purchased- just have only used it for warm soaking so far but I think might work well for CT

2. jwhb77

jwhb77 New Member

This may be late-coming, but I figured is chip in here... I know inflatable options are often cheaper, but they are almost always a bad choice for our purposes... even the thicker-gauge plastics can be punctured easily, the seams on these things (even the nicer ones) always seem to develop air leaks before much use, and the cold water temps used for CT cause fully-inflated vessels to droop & sag (and often leak your water).

If skip them for a solid structure of some kind... the stock tubs aren't much more expensive than the higher-quality inflatables, will be less headache, & will outlast them many times over. Waiting if you have to is better than wasting your money IMHO.

3. Debntx

Debntx New Member

at this point I would have to agree with you - they are fine for the temporary (very temporary) choice - I am leaning toward that solid structure stock tub you speak of based on my experience with the plastic version - thank you for confirming

shortly after i wrote my previous comment i did purchase an inflatable hot tub which i have yet to set up - i will enjoy for what it is - although it too will not last - my intent was to do alternating hot / cold - live and learn

4. drezy

drezy New Member

5. JoyfulJan

JoyfulJan Platinum Member

It seems like a chest freezer is the way to go. I was thinking of getting a cast iron claw foot tub which I could use for cold & hot, but could you also run hot water in a chest freezer in the winter? It's just a Styrofoam insulated box but don't know how the interior would hold up to hot water.

6. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

If your at a high latitude where it gets cold during the winter you could take advantage of the fournier effect by cooling one half in the freezing air and the other half in the hot water.

Debntx likes this.