1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Steph's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Steph J, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Steph J

Steph J Gold

I'm about to go spend a month in the Yucatan (Tulum). Would love any input on anything else I might be missing to increase my redox.

Ancestry: Primarily Northwestern European (Brittish, Irish, Finish, French, German, Scandinavian)
    Haplogroup is U2e1a
    5’4” 117 lbs
    I'm very flexible with my location. Was residing in NYC for 7 years. 1 year ago I moved back home to the subburbs of Minneapolis. Then moved to upstate New York where I am now. As I mentioned, plan to go to Tulum for 1 month or more and not sure where I'll go next, certainly not back to a big city.

Symptoms:
    Always always hungry/famished - Have been needing to eat every 2 hours otherwise I get extremely faint, weak, lightheaded. If I wait too long to eat, I may enter a state of fatigue and it can ruin my whole day. This has meant that I’ve primarily been a homebody so that I can be near my kitchen at all times.
    Other things that bring on fatigue:
    Exercise, especially any strength building (including yoga). I can walk/run/swim/bike without fatigue but have not been able to do much of those because of piriformis syndrome (more details on that below)
    Stress, such as getting into an argument or being late (I do my best to minimize both of these)
    Heat above 85, sun
    Foods like sugar, excessive carbs, caffeine (even chocolate), alcohol, drugs - so I avoid all of these 100%
    Highly dependent on protein, mainly meat. I eat some fish/seafood - 2x/week
    Extremely sensitive to blue light. If someone flashes their phone at me for even just a few seconds it can ruin my whole night of sleep.
    I keep my blue light filters on my phone and computer at 100% red at all times, even during the day, Even with this setting, looking at my phone or computer after the sun goes down for too long can also impact my sleep. Would love to know why.
    I fall asleep just fine (unless I’ve had a blue light incident), but always wake up around 3 am to use the bathroom. I go through phases where it’s very hard to fall back asleep. Other times I fall back asleep just fine. Recently covered up the LED light on the smoke detector of where I'm currently staying and that helped a ton!
    No brain fog.
    Chronic pain, primarily piriformis syndrome, currently getting treatments from a bone setter and making lots of progress on that.

Test Results:
    Just got back tox reports yesterday.
    Tested high for Thalium
    Tested moderate for Copper
    GPL-TOX screening: I am in the 75th percentile for 14 out of the 18 markers (report attached)
    Genetic Genie report is attached as well.

In prep for Tulum I have my tan through bathing suits and plan to do sunrise and sunset every day and eat way more seafood. Would love input on anything else I need to do. Sorting through as much as I can (hours and hours already), but would appreciate some pointers in the right direction as I need to limit my computer time.

Attached Files:

2. Steph J

Steph J Gold

If any others in the Tulum/PDC area would like to meet up, let me know. I'll be there Jan 20 - Feb 20 and possibly longer.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Steph and welcome ......

Have you read the leptin reset protocol? C/T protocol?

What are you eating exactly? drinking?

4. Steph J

Steph J Gold

Hi Caroline,
    Thank you for your response.

I have read the leptin reset protocol however I'm unable to determine if I'm actually leptin resistant. I have not yet gotten to the C/T protocol.
    There's no way I currently would be able to have just 3 meals a day with no snacking. Right now I need to eat about 5-6 times a day and sometimes a snack in the middle of the night. I could however increase my protein at breakfast.
    Right now I'm eating a Paleo diet. Lots of veggies, meat, fish, healthy fats, nuts.
    I drink lots of filtered water and herbal tea. Since I'm always on the move it can be difficult to source the right type of water but I make sure it's at the very least filtered.