1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Stephen’s Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Stephen W, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Disappointed. Got in the tub 22°c water holding bag of ice on my torso, shivered like all hell the entire 35min. I just cannot “shake” the shivering! (pardon the pun).
    Shivering was the reason I went back to the start and followed Jacks protocol.
    Any suggestions? Just keep going?

Cheryl. likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You dont have to go that long. Shorten the time.......or raise the temp of the water.

Cheryl., Jim Laird and Stephen W like this.
  3. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Thanks Jack, I might increase the temp then, and slowly work back down. because I shivered within the first couple minutes. (Thumbs up)

4. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

3CDE785C-4126-4FD9-80E3-9FE7B4E8AB54.jpeg
    These bad boys finally showed up! Ra Optics!
    Been using cheap blue blockers this past few weeks, looking forward to wearing these.

Bit of an update, vasomotor rhinitis/stuffy nose hasn’t changed, still very sensitive to things, but I wouldn’t expect it yet. One thing however is my morning number 2s are getting better haha. I would say from getting my circadian rhythm more under control, and eating a lot of seafood!

Cheryl., drezy and Inger like this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

They look great on you.

I just bought another pair from Matt.

Someone very close to me initially said "I think you overpaid". Two weeks later I could not find the glasses because they were on her face while a chepo pair was left in their place! Total spousal robbery.

Cheryl. and Stephen W like this.
  6. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Ah cheers!
    Hahaha I’m waiting for the same thing to happen to me! haha, when she “realises” the importants of what I’m doing! :)

drezy likes this.
  7. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Been doing cold baths last couple weeks. However my cold intolerance still sucks and I’ve only been doing approximately 25-26°C (78f). Quite a Few shivers still going on though in the first 10min, then kind of less shivering for the next 20min. Sometimes nice feeling with no shivers for 10min or so.

Doing this twice per day for a total of 1 hour.
    Temp under tongue is around 35.5 to 36 degrees C (approximately 96f) during the bath. However I have had it at 36.6 c one time after I was at the beach. I handled the cold bath easy that day. Don’t know what my body temp should be?

Today I grounded my bed (earthing undersheet to grounding rod out the window) and an earthing mat on my balcony! Our living area is upstairs 2nd floor. Multimeter test (putting on my body) shows my voltage drops when I get on my bed now and when I stand on the mat! Cool!

Been getting tons of sun. From early 5:30am onwards all times of the day. Bare feet walking the dog in the park. Getting quite tanned up!

40% of food is seafood I reckon now.

Dropped coffee for 5 days now, replaced with chicory.

Drinking lots of Icelandic water, costing a lot but who gives a fuck, we’re talking about health here :D

What really sucks though, is my nose is still an issue. Nothing has changed. The turbinates just swell all the damn time blocking my nose up.
    Especially when I lay down being the most annoying. It does clear after suffocating for a few minutes. What’s the go??!!

I absolutely know this is a neuro or nervous system issue. For example, as soon as I have a couple alcohol drinks (which I haven’t been doing much lately) and I feel that relaxed feeling, my nose swells shut. When I shine a light in my nose I can see the turbinates are completely swollen shutting off my nasal passage.

I can temporarily shrink them by holding my breath until adrenaline kicks in from suffocating and it makes the suckers shrink. And I can nose breathe quite easy... But only for a few minutes. And they swell again. And this is very uncomfortable to keep doing. This is what I have to do most of the day. My nose blocks up not just from alcohol, but from other things too like food and cold water. My nose is just about closed unless I’m moving and doing things, it’s much better.

The other way I make them shrink is to produce adrenaline with heavy weights in the gym. Get the sympathetic nervous system going. Or even get in the ice bath! But it only last temporarily, and the turbinates start puffing up again.

So it’s definitely a sympathetic/parasympathetic problem. I just don’t know if it’s something I’ve been born with and may never change it. I’ve had this issue as long as I can remember. It’s so frustrating. And again, I do have a dust mite allergy but this seems to maybe have escalated since my early teens to something such as maybe now vasomotor rhinitis..

Also, if there is a low pressure system around, my turbinates swell badly as well. It’s like they are flogged out and can’t keep constricted...

If anyone knows if there are articles that Jack covered involving nasal turbinates issue and the sympathetic/parasympathetic/adrenaline or similar please let me know.

Oh and I got blood test done yesterday to check some basic stuff. Should have results in a week.
    Thanks

8. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Some Labs are in! If anyone is kind enough to help me decipher this that would be much appreciated. Local doc says keep living a healthy life haha that doesn’t explain my dust mite allergy and my cold intolerance! :)

FA42C6A2-A72E-46B4-9B6E-917D2F4E45BE.jpeg 317DADAE-42D5-439E-BB42-EAC9F97EE40A.jpeg A6DD7BA9-DF09-4CDD-9792-BA5633A656A3.jpeg 8907B98F-1D11-4731-B3E7-ED29744CDFD3.jpeg

9. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

10. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

I grounded my bed with an earthing sheet to an outside grounding rod about 2 weeks ago and my neck and lower back pain has become off the charts! So sore for no particular reason. I mean I’ve injured my back pretty bad when I was racing motocross back in the day (2 crushed vertebrae on 2 separate occasions) but I kind of recovered some what, but now it’s really flared up. Stiff as a board and pinching.
    I’m assuming I’ve created an antenna for dirty electricity from the second floor?
    I’ll disconnect and see how I go. I live in town on the Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia (Coolum)

11. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Some big inroads for me lately regarding CT! After going back and doing 80-90°C water because of all the shivering that I get, the last couple days I’ve gone back to 10-13°c water and can so far do 9min without shivering, and without shivering after! Might sound like nothing to some, but it’s massive for me. I’ve had serious cold intolerance since trying to do Wim Hof stuff 6 months ago.

What do I put it down to? Well I’ve religiously seen every sun rise every morning gounded with minimal clothing. I get LOTS of sun now and am surprised at how much I can handle now and not get burnt. Nicely tanned. I eat seafood 3 times a day. Still using blue blockers at night...even though everyone thinks I’m weird and only going through a fad. It’s here for life!
    But one thing I noticed is still my low body temp, so I started upping my Celtic salt intake a few days ago in hopes of getting in more iodine and it seems to be working. I seem to be up .5°c more at times now. So actually today I’ve cautiously started supplementing with a potassium iodine supplement I have and I’ll monitor carefully and see how I go. Only small amounts.

12. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

From today, after more iodine research on the forum, I’ve decided to start eating A LOT of seaweed with my seafood instead of supplementing with iodine (Lugols) to hopefully boost my low body temp levels.
    Temps are around 35 - 36.5°C

13. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Nice quick convenient biohack meal

18077249-8472-4315-9CAE-5E7A9C3115CF.jpeg

14. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

So this last few days I’ve been randomly (accidentally) squirting saliva out of my mouth straight from my saliva gland! Like when I’m talking or eating. A little embarrassing at times. Other than following all the protocols, I’ve upped my iodine a lot. Could this be the reason for suddenly more saliva? Something has definitely changed.

15. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Maternal haplotype H1b

More info below.
    Any help/input much appreciated as I don’t understand much.
    Thanks

CE1936BC-31D9-4CE2-A11F-9B22DF5DB41A.jpeg BDC068C9-00DA-4220-8EA8-085C8500812A.jpeg

16. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Hi @Jack Kruse ,
    Would you be able to tell me please if my data above suits where I live 26.6500° S, 153.0667° E ?
    Thanks for your time