1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Steph’s journey (take one x a million)

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by StephanieF, Jun 29, 2020.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

What about travelling around in a RV or fifth wheeler while the girls are still young?

Then you could stay awhile and see what suits all of you.....

There are tons of young families here in Australia that do exactly that. They home school and the children I have met on our travels are exceptional.
    As they travel they are getting a fantastic education and have excellent communication skills. They can talk to anyone.

There are a couple of families from the forum that bought and converted school buses and took off across country for Florida. They homeschool.

2. StephanieF

StephanieF Silver

lol- I’ll pass it on

caroline likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

really important!

4. StephanieF

StephanieF Silver

Hi Caroline, DH is naked now in the sun in the mornings for a few minutes. :)
    Currently, I can say that I have a full understanding of how to consistently get 50-75g of protein for each of us for breakfast now. I have put my plant-based cookbooks away. We are doing 50g of protein most mornings and it is getting easier to sustain. This is a HUGE accomplishment for me as the family cook. I'm also almost done reading Jack's book which has helped me understand what to do after Leptin Sensitivity is restored. After I finish Jack's book, I'll be trying to figure out labs for my husband and I. I just signed up for Jack's biohacking 101 ecourse so I look forward to figuring out labs too as it seems it will then direct individual changes for each of us after the Leptin Reset. I'm preparing to pack my husband 3 meals as he works 8am to about 9pm. He usually eats dinner really late in the summer bc of his excavation business keeping him busy for the duration of the sun. His rule has always been, "I'll be home when it starts getting dark." UGH! So I am mentally preparing to send him off with ALL his meals for a 7pm dinner cut off time. If he doesn't stick to it, it is on him, but I think he will. He wants to.

My Dad is here until August 2nd, then we are going to jump in with both feet for a Leptin Reset and I'll be making us both breakfast upon sunrise and we will be eating it together in the sunrise. (no half caff coffee for me anymore). If I wake the kids up when I am cooking our protein breakfast, then I feel like it is good and fine. The priority is to eat my protein breakfast within 30min of waking with or without kids being awake.

I feel like I have made most of the shifts I needed to, learned and practiced meals/recipes to the point where I can just do it. Your concrete examples have been incredibly helpful!!!!! Not surprising, eating more protein in general has given me more energy, but obviously still having my problem issues... BUT I am in a better space to tackle this with more inner resources and deeper understanding. I'll be updating my optimal journal more regularly after my Dad leaves bc I feel I will need this community... I'm carrying my husband's health on my back too. It isn't my load to carry, but I love him and I want him to feel vital again and he is willing to try this too. So for us, August 3rd marks our step on the Optimal Quilt.

caroline likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Stephanie .....I have the biggest smile on my face :D:D:D

You rock girl!

Have you tried getting rid of some of the nasty veg? and see how you and your very lucky DH feel?

I love it when some one gets it and just digs in :)

I really look forward to hearing lots more ....and especially if your husband's bowel issues resolve and your anxiety issues are a thing of the past.

A favourite saying of mine [by Keith Urban]

DON'T EVER LET ANYONE BLOCK YOUR SHINE

It is up to all of you to share the load and get to your optimal best ...even tho, for now, you are the Momma bear and you are leading the way! :D

StephanieF likes this.
  6. Anne V

Anne V Silver

StephanieF likes this.
  7. Anne V

Anne V Silver

@caroline u already used the expression , but i second. i am better than good .
    good vibes to stephanie F and to you both.
    it is a hell of a battle .
    we will win
    go look up steph and u the Human unleashed all covid 19 free go to no 18
    they are mostly JK s students , and for people in the UK a god send xoxo

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Dear Anne ....go look up what???? I need more info please.

StephanieF likes this.
  9. Anne V

Anne V Silver

meaooww up private messages
    good nite ;):D:love: