1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Started gaining weight back at 4 months

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by Claudia, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

HI, everyone, I've been off the forum for awhile as I had a lot of personal life problems to attend to and had to take a computer break. My last hcg round ended beginning of May and I lost the 8 lbs I wanted to goal. I had a good summer maintaining on p3 Paleo, stayed at ldw and even a little below. Then, in September I started gaining around the time when it becomes fall but I can't say for sure. I know I started feeling thyroid symptoms coming back. I have very low t3, almost out of range at 2.6 (the range starts at 2.5) and my tsh is 1.5, t4 is in the middle, and rt3 is very high at 29 (range ends at 35). I have a conversion issue but I haven't arrived at the reason for it. So, with lots of hypothyroid symptoms for years, I was given Cytomel (t3) and started that in the summer at a very low dose of 5mcg. In the fall, I called the doc and said I didn't feel well (major symptom is fatigue) and he increased my Cytomel to 10 mcg. It seemed a little better but not great...not anywhere near how I felt in the summer, which was increased energy and more myself. ANd the 10mcg didn't stop the creeping weight gain. Then, another doc prescribed progesterone cream (200mg) compounded and I started that and gained another 5 lbs in a week and had awful symptoms from it (couldn't function, awful brain fog, nauseated) and think it was way too high of a dose. I can't fit in my clothes, bloated, lots of fatigue despite the 10mcg of cytomel. I don't know what to do about the progesterone cream as I certainly don't need to keep gaining weight. I think I'm going to stop taking it, it's just frightening to be gaining weight that I can't control.

I'm thinking of starting a round right after Christmas. I just feel so frustrated because I was done. I think something is wrong with me with this hormonal gain. This is not the first time this happened. I did 2 round in 2011, lost to goal, and gained it back, not because of eating but because of thyroid or some other  hormonal imbalance. The docs I see are ok but not excellent, they haven't prevented my weight gain and they don't get a the root of what's wrong. So, I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this over and over, lose with hcg, gain it back. It's the only way I can lose any weight but it's also a lot slower than others lose.

2. MsYo

MsYo Silver

How are your vitamin D levels? Is the progesterone biodentical? Are you eating wheat/gluten/dairy?? Sounds like inflammation? Maybe labs posted with ranges will help with generating suggestions.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Likely a mitochondrial inefficiency that manifests via a bad hormone panel.

4. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thanks for the replies.

My free t3 is 2.6 (range 2.5-4.3 pg/mL)

tsh 1.350 (0.270-4.200 uIU/mL)

free t4  1.15 ng/dL (0.8301.62 ng/dL0

I feel lousy. I don't know if it's a good idea for me to try another hcg round or not. Don't know if it's actually making me worse off in the long run.

I'm going to look this up Jack: a mitochondrial inefficiency that manifests via a bad hormone panel.

Thanks. I also recently found out I have the gene mutation MTHFR c677T, and I am  homozygous with 2 copies. I am taking supps for that now, methylfolate, 1600 mcg a day, active b6, and methylcobalamin, via injection once weekly (.5 mL). I thought the b12 would give me some energy but I don't feel any different.

5. Claudia

Claudia New Member

My vitamin D levels are good, I think. I got it up to 80, last lab in September. Before that it was 20. Yes, the progesterone was bioidentical cream. No wheat or gluten, dairy in small quantities (can't seem to cut it out entirely). Paleo diet.

6. AlaskaLadyie

AlaskaLadyie New Member

Jack...... could we get somesort of explaination to what this means.... please

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

there is two years worth of explanations on here. Start with the mitochondrial webinar and then the blog series.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

sorry - but you do have to do the reading ...it is the only way. It is all in the blogs....and we all often re read the blogs to get a better understanding later down the road......there is no shortcut...

9. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

So correct caroline ...... I've spent hundreds of hours reading the JK forums and blogs. Great, powerful info that must be read over a period of time. I feel very lucky that I found JK when he started posting in MDA. As somebody else said, for newbies, reading Jack's book is a great way to shorten your learning curve.

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

When your mitochondria aren't functioning properly, it directly impacts your hormone panel. think of if this way: your car isn't running well, and you need to take it in for a tune up but don't/can't for what ever reason. your car continues to run badly, you spend more $ on gas b/c its not efficient using the fuel you give it.

we were designed to run on fat, but we've been told that's wrong for the past 30-40years and we've avoided it. so now we're trying to teach our body how to use fat for fuel and stop using glucose. when you get into using FAT as your fuel you can enter the PPP if you've got your hormones right fixed. when you enter the PPP you are using the ATP you make from the fat to allow your body to use water as energy instead of ATP... as you move toward this you begin to fix your mitochondria

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great explanation Gretch..................more fat has made a huge difference for me.....I am leaner and weigh less........

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That is the difficult part ... to teach your body to use fat for fuel. I think that is my problem. My triglycerides have been consistently increasing on ketogenic and high fat diet. When I was low carb, moderate carbs, my trigs were 55, now they are 261.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Mine have gone up too.... not that high but still high. But then, given what you're working Destiny - high trigs at this point, until you convert to a fat burner, and move into the PPP, may just be part of the process.

I'm not continuously entering the PPP. but I get there somedays. the challenge is trying to figure out how to bring everything together... QED10 highlights how important Vitamin A sensitivity is to circadian cycles. there has to be some relationship to leveraging Vitamin A, and how you burn fat, and get into the PPP....

I just haven't wrapped my head around the linkage yet - but there's something there I believe

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

What do you think about a high dosage of vitamin C to help body with high trigs? Have you tried that?

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I haven't considered it. I only use High does Vit C - when I feel sick . And when I say High Dose VitC I'm talking 4 K every 2hrs. I may look into see what the research says. its always good to see what other options are out there. What I'm anticipating is that as I move fwd with getting things on track I'll see my trigs drop back down.

I'm guessing that won't happen until I get my liver back up to speed w/regards to addressing my FBG levels. I've seen my HbA1C drop but my FBG is still high in the am.... if the livers not working it won't recycle those trigs properly....

16. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That makes sense. MY FBG went up lately and so did the trigs.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

High trig, my take:
    -------------------------------------------
    Mitochondial seminar by dr Kruse (listen to it in batches of 2-3 sentences at the time.)

indicate carbohydrate intolerance
    niacinamide
    vit C
    chromium
    selenium
    L carnitine
    Phosphatidylcholine (BodyBio.com PC)
    Fatty Acids analysis and corrective action (Genova or Mayo Clinic)
    http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/82042
    "Test ID: FAPCP
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum"

Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics

---------------------

To figure out proper doses use (2x/year until stabilized):
    Spectracell Comprehensive Nutritional Panel
    http://www.healthremedies.com/intracellular_vitamin_analysis_spectracell.html

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

carnosine increase carb tolerance if your inner mito membrane works.........

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Membranes are made of fatty acids and phospholipids.

What phospholipids are predominant in inner mitochondrial membranes?

Some that I came across:

BodyBio Phosphatidyl Choline
    Phosphatidyl Choline
    Phosphatidyl Ethanolamine
    Phosphatidyl Inositol
    glycolipids
    LA
    ALA
    oleic acids

Doctors Best Natural Brain Enhancers
    GlyceroPhosphoCholine
    Phosphatidyl Serine

Citocoline CDP Choline Jarrow
    Citocoline

--------------

20. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Not sure that I follow on the carb intolerance. Is this applicable for somebody on a keto diet?