1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

SR9009 Anti-Cancer REV-ERB Agonist?

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by DrEttinger, May 21, 2019.

1. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Platinum

Hot off the presses. Until yesterday the research community believed a research chemical, that can be bought readily off the internet as a performance-enhancing neutraceutical, worked as a REV-ERB agonist, positively affecting aspects of our circadian rhythm. By doing so, "it raises the hypothesis that pharmacological modulation of the circadian machinery may be an effective therapeutic strategy for combatting cancer." Pharmacological activation of REV-ERBs is lethal in cancer and oncogene induced senescence [1] (Jan 2018).

In a Medical X Press release yesterday Circadian mechanism may not be driver behind compound linked to obesity and diabetes the study's senior author Mitchell Lazar, MD, Ph.D., director of the Institute of Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, said, "These findings have important implications because some of the previous studies concluded it was the circadian clock that was affecting metabolism or cell growth, through these compounds and producing the benefits related to diabetes, obesity, and cancer. That needs to be reconsidered, as our study shows these compounds work on something other than this clock factor." (May 2019)

Even with the new data that another mechanism may be at work. SR9009 did show to have a beneficial effect on a number of cancer cell lines, including glioblastoma (brain cancer).

"The regulation of autophagy and de novo lipogenesis by SR9009 and SR9011 plays a critical role in evoking an apoptotic response in malignant cells. Importantly, the selective anticancer properties of these REV-ERB agonists impair glioblastoma growth in vivo and improve survival without causing any overt toxicity in mice. These results indicate that pharmacological modulation of circadian regulators is an effective novel antitumor strategy, identifying the existence of a previously unknown class of anticancer agents with a wide therapeutic window. We propose that REV-ERB agonists are novel autophagy and de novo lipogenesis inhibitors with selective activity towards malignant and benign neoplasms." [1]

Note: I have used many SARMS and SARM like compounds. I have used SR9009 to help cut body fat while maintaining my same workout and diet. It does work. I'm not condoning its use. I'm just commenting on its positive effects of creating improved lean muscle mass.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    LisaLearning likes this.