1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Squid

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by LisaLearning, Jun 2, 2015.

1. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I've been increasingly seeing articles such as this:

http://www.cancernetwork.com/omega-3-0/calamari-oil-next-big-omega-3

About how squid have more DHA and less EPA than fish, and I was surprised to not see any squid-specific discussion around. Although I don't think raw squid sounds particularly appetising. Will those lovely grilled squid rings do? :)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well If you have seen any of my pics from NOLA at Doris metropolitan you'd know I eat a ton of them.

3. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Why not raw? Squid sushi is delicious (minus rice and soysauce, weel that is sashimi then actually). Look at that !

4. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I haven't seen the photos, Jack. I'm just trying to keep up with the blog! I will have a look and see if I can find you posing with some squid. :D Jack, how do you eat them - raw or cooked?

Oh, I've never tried the squid sushi, Peertje. Good idea for something to try.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

What's the tan thing on the squid - directly in front of the bones?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Seabass

LisaLearning likes this.
  8. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Sea Bass is a funny fish in terms of DHA -- http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4117/2

It's not exactly a cold water fish, and is also a relatively large fish, but has a decent DHA level of about 670mg/100g raw fish. That's on par with sardines. Well, at least I've got lots of Barramundi here in Queensland :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

It's the rock used to kill the squid. Or maybe it's holding the squid down?