1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Squatting

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by nonchalant, Apr 14, 2013.

1. have a mate who is big into neural therapy, i havent really looked into it much further, but i understand the concepts

2. kovita

kovita Gold

this is great thread! I have always had rather very good and stable coordination and it took me almost no time to learn pole vault when preparing for heptathlon. The same time I wonder often how goes so many people including children simply cannot do to me simple movements. I love the stabilization exercises and will use it now. The curious thing, there is a method developed by a Czech therapist in fifties used mainly for babies with developmental delays and different CNS issues. It is incredibly functional and it looks pretty much like the stabilization exercises you posted.

3. you are talking about vojta?

4. they are form the same school, DNS is an extension of the pragua school of rehabilitation, vojta and janda were the pioneers

kovita likes this.
  5. Movement cannot be someone's opinion, otherwise it is exercise. Movement is encoded in the brain/CNS as a program or pattern.

6. floor sitting postures are the Rx for nagging chronic low back problems

nicld likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. Brother John

Brother John Silver

9. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

Awesome. Thought it might be “out-of-place” on this site. I was very privileged to train with Matt for a few weeks during my training trip of the US... can still remember not being able to pull their banded deadlift warm-ups and having to go do something else.

And you have to experience the "environment" these guys create when they train! It is a huge factor to their success.

10. margo

margo New Member

hey, if you want to lose weight in your tights and hips you should know how to do them properly. Imagine that you have a chair behind you and you try to sit on it. So actually you do just a half of a squat not a deep one.

11. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

Josh, she may be a powerlifter box squatting.... just saying.

12. Josh

Josh Gold

Perhaps learning to stand properly before learning to squat? Crawl before you walk? In the first kung fu school that I joined, the teacher laughed when we asked how to fight. He said "first learn how to stand up, then we will look at fighting...give it 2-3 years". I am still learning to stand up after 25 plus years. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye...and the nervous system for that matter.....

13. Well deep system squat is expressed from the cns by 12 months as a normal movement "software" installation during development. What you are all claiming is that you "know" the right way via conceptual understandings, but the only true squat is the infantile squat which isnt taught. Conceptual squats such as those taught in gyms are one of the leading causes of chronic low back and limb dysfunction that come into my clinic.

Josh likes this.
  14. So in fact the squat is expressed before the walk as a saggital stability program. At 3 months the pattern is mastered in supine, and via change programs during development eventually it is mastered in closed chain limb support

15. I would suggest the book lowly origin by jonathon kingdon

16. Josh

Josh Gold

Have you ever seen someone unwind back to the "natural" squat as Feldenkreis and other developmental systems try to teach. I have not managed it myself. With Arpwave Trainer on my quads, I have been able to do squats that I otherwise cannot do without any damage or pain. It is a subtle and intense override of the circuitry with strong DC current and a carrier wave at 10 kHz to override existing patterns. Still have not decided what I like it for after a year and a half.

17. Yes i have, it is possible but usually only via DNS ie going through the precursor developmental positions first. Usually supine legs up. The key is the diaphragm creating intra abdominal pressure which allows the chest and pelvis to talk, and lumbar erector spinae to relax

18. Brother John

Brother John Silver

Yeah, I "felt" that a little in the video series. Some of the guys below are a bit hard for me to follow as to whether they saw the video and approved or disaproved but For Me when I human being can squat 1100 lbs without exploding something.!!! he must have figured out a lot about how his body, (muscles And nervous systems) work together. I found the info on pressing outward with the feet to create a new good feeling when squatting (free squats IE no weight). The other stuff I knew but enjoyed his explanations and demonstration.
    Thanks,
    Brother John

19. Brother John

Brother John Silver

Josh,
    Can you describe or do you know of a link that shows or describes "unwinding back to the natural squat"? I'm curious as to what makes it difficult. This is not a big deal for me so if you are too busy, please disregard. I have no known issues with squatting but sometimes I try to give a hand to those that do.
    Thanks,
    Brother John