1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Spotting Deuterium on MRI

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Michalis, Jun 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I know it is super technical question , but is there a way to interpret the results of an MRI to spot deuterium concentrations in tissues and bone?
    For example MRI shows bone edema, how do i go about reading it properly as i got the files.

I understand that Protium has a different spin than Deuterium. How do i spot those deuterium ridden molecules on the MRI with that spin?

I read https://jackkruse.com/redox-rx-2-biohacking-mri/ but i cant piece the puzzle together.

Can i for example extract the results of the MRI into an excel spreadsheet for each slide and calculate the deuterium content based on the spin detected? Am i too optimistic?

Jason Coates likes this.
  2. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Anyone nows? I know @Jack Kruse knows :)

I had a look on the MRI and each slice contains a lot of data.

From what i read on how MRIs work the magnet lines up hydrogen atoms to the field and then an RF pulse is transmitted that excites them. Then the scanner detects the weak radio frequency as the nucleus are relaxing back to their normal spin.

I would expect the deuterium to return a different frequency than protium back to the scanner as it has different mass.

Is this visible on the MRI? if not can we infer anything about this from what we see or the data coded in each slide? Are the scanners normally designed to detect protium only and they sort out only those frequencies out when received by the scanner?

3. Michalis

Michalis New Member

4. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I had a look at cignaturehealth.com website and apparently they got an MRI product which is called D-MRITM scan. It provides a picture of protons and deuterium.

I dont know if it is some kind of contrast or they read an existing mri. Would be interested to find out. Anyone knows anything?

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you are their customer, may want to ask.
    Specially dr Q.

6. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I asked, and they said :

"We could potentially interpret an MRI that has already been done, but it would need to fall within the parameters we need for the scan: performed on a 1.5 Tesla machine with a “gate” or “weight” of 1, and no contrast. If none of your past scans meet those criteria, you would need to obtain a new scan for us to visualize deuterium in your body. The MRI would need to be ordered by your regular physician, and we could provide the specialized interpretation from there"

What i am interested in is to see if i have deuterium in my knee's osteoarthritic Bone Marrow Edema.

I read a paper about mitochondria and osteoarthritis and there is definitely a link there. So i was thinking if the mitochondria in the joint starts failing as the heteroplasmy of the tissue rise then maybe the water that is created is not DDW.

paper : Mitochondrial Dysfunction And Oxidative Stress In Osteoarthritis
    https://theses.ncl.ac.uk/dspace/bitstream/10443/1599/1/Gavriilidis 12.pdf

Also considering that i used to be quite fat before that means leptin resistance. Leptin resistance (among other things) is also linked with breaking down the cartilage so possibly that was causing the mitochondria to fail, so i guess heteroplasmy goes up slowly and chronically. Then things break down.. This is what i understand as a layman.

Lahelada likes this.