1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Spondylolisthesis diagnosed on my sister

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Skinny Crisps, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Skinny Crisps

Skinny Crisps New Member

My sister who is 69 was diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis and her doctor wants to do MIS ( minimally invasive surgery) by making two small incisions in her back and putting in two pins which is supposed to hold two vertebre together preventing them from slipping onto the next vertebra.In your opinion is this the best way to correct this or do you have newer / more advanced ways to correct this? Is this the same as fusing? The doctor said he thinks she was born with this and due to her age is has become exacerbated and degenerated. She also has nerve pain because of this. Because I've been reading your blog from the beginning I feel that you might suggest other ways to treat this.

Thank you so much for your answer,

Myrna - Skinnycrisps

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

no way to answer this without films and a history. This would be a good educational consult question.