1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sperti vitamin d lamp

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by healthy2015, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Sunworshiper123

Sunworshiper123 New Member

Thank you Anne and Jan. I am going to go ahead and purchase the Sperti. I have autoimmune disease and live in the suburbs of Chicago IL. These winters are rough. I haven’t seen the sun in probably 2 weeks now simply due to the horrible weather. I am so vibrant in the summer. We have plans to move to Florida as soon as we possibly can. Hopefully this lamp will help with my extremely low vitamin D in wintertime.

Alex97232 likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Autoimmune

Lugols
    Lots of it

Sunworshiper123 likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Couple ways you can test.
    1. Put light sensitive eyeglasses on Red Sperti, observe if/how fast they get darker
    2. get app with sensor then test
    3. Have a sun deprived, light skinned "friend" standing in front of Red Sperti for 15 minutes touchng lamp, then observe results for the next week.

I did some of the above and an think tha the Red Sperti tubes life is closer to 10000hrs then 280 hrs.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  4. Sunworshiper123

Ok - iodine supplementation is something that is new to me. The iodine thread is huge! Its going to take a long time to sort out all of this info. . .

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

PG/E2 ratio??

Search my posts on this thread.

Sunworshiper123 likes this.
  6. Sunworshiper123

I've never had PG/E2 test done.

Ive been seeing functional medicine for 2.5 years. Never once has someone mentioned my iodine level, hormones, getting sun, or red light therapy. And out of the thousands of labs they did (at one appointment they took 18 vials of blood) they've never test my iodine.

7. Karen Farrell

Karen Farrell Silver

Is there any reason Jack Kruse would recommend the Sperti Vit D over the Sperti Red?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My personal view about supplementing with Lugols.
    It is about halides.
    Halides are:
    fluoride, chloride, bromide, iodide and astatide

We are overloaded with a variety of halides.
    We need a large excess of iodide to possibly deal with that excess.
    You do not need to test for iodine.
    Any excess will be peed out.
    Actually, the proper test for iodine is to take a certain measured amount of iodine, test urine and have all that iodine peed out (there is a number, it is in high 90%of excreated iodine after certain amount of time). Otherwise, you would be considered iodine deficient.

PG/E (ZRT) test you can buy on amazon.com

9. WarrenT

WarrenT Silver

Hello! How do you like your Sperti Red? I've had mine for about 6 months now and try using it 3-4x/week, 20 min per session. It REALLY help through the dark, wet winter. I do use the goggles that came with it as it's pretty intense and I'm about 15" away from the bulbs.

I converted an old FIR EMF sauna into a UV/NIR lamp sauna and love it. Cheers!

Attached Files:

10. WarrenT

WarrenT Silver

Jan, I'd love to get your opinion about usage of the UV lamp in the evening. Sometimes the only time I can get in there is in the evening after work. I wonder if the benefits of increased vit D production is eroded by exposing skin to UV out of natural diurnal rhythm? Thoughts? Maybe AM would be better than evening? Or UV in AM, IR in the evening? Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Anytime is better than no time.

When thin-slicing, during daylight (outside) is better when comparing to the time when sun is out.

////

WarrenT likes this.
  12. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I figured it's best around noon, because those lights give their full power with no change.
    The sun light changes frequency and intensity every second, with full power and range around noon.

But indeed anytime is better than never, but I would always catch the real sunrise because nothing can mimic it.

WarrenT, JanSz and Inger like this.
  13. Ibrahim

Ibrahim New Member

How much Iodine should one use for gut issues like candida? I know 2 drops is about 5 mg .

mrc likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

For the last few decades
    I am squeezing the rubber top and pouring the content into my morning coffee, then I drink the coffee.
    Assume about 1cc volume.

Note;
    most often those rubber tops degrade and become hard, not flexible.
    When you find a good one, cherish it.
    Prevent lugols from wetting rubber.

upload_2020-3-26_21-7-56.png

mrc likes this.
  15. Sunworshiper123

I would LOVE more details on this sauna you’ve put together. I want to try and make something. I currently have an EMR firewave I use in the mornings where there’s no visible red light sunrise What other lights do you have going on in there? Details please! Looks great!

16. Sunworshiper123

not sure where my other comment went - it disappeared. Yes I’m loving the Sperti Red. We had a long dark Chicago winter. I’m tolerating the light better after our Florida vacation. And yes I wear the goggles too!