1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sperti for a newborn

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by healthy2015, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Hi Jack
    Are you okay with using a sperti on a newborn in the uk?

Thank you!
  2. A bit of background Jack which I think I spoke to you about before
    Mum had preeclampsia
    Baby had jaundice and now has colic
    Unfortunately mum can't afford to take the baby somewhere sunny at the moment so was thinking the sperti would help

Thank you
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

healthy2015 and Alex97232 like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Thank you ever so much for these links Jack
    These explain exactly how my pregnancy and birth went!
    I know you will say move or take our baby on holiday and limit emfs and blue light which
    we are most definitely doing already
    What else would help our newborn as the colic my baby has is unbearable at times and
    my baby also gets hiccups!

Thanks you so much Jack!!!!
  6. Hi Jack
    Would the same apply to lizard lights and infra red lights?

Thanks!
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yes. In fact this topic came up in the Q & A yesterday after the webinar. Have a listen
    healthy2015 likes this.

8. Thank you Jack will do.
  9. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Hello healthy2015, Have you spent 30 minutes looking for low cost all inclusive holidays to places with a lot more sun like Cyprus? Do that before you assume that you can't afford it. I'm in Cyprus right now which is full of people from the UK. The prices they have told me that they paid are so nearly free, it's amazing.

The sun situation here is a lot better than the UK but NOT perfect. Quite a few days have high thin clouds and some have dust from the Sahara desert that makes the sunshine less strong. Having said that, I bet I got a LOT more sun today than you did. You might also look into Egypt and the Canary Islands or Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

My experience with three different sun lamps last winter at 50 deg. north was not good. One gave me a dark spot on my face (that still hasn't gone away) and another one produced too much ozone and I think is part of what made me get the flue. Real sunshine is wildly complex and very hard to simulate with reasonably priced lamps.
    healthy2015 likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I got my Red Sperti on beginning of Sep 2016.
    At the time I had a deep tan from summer exposure.
    On end of winter my skin color is like on avatar.
    When I got Sperti, I stopped using vit D supplementation.
    I use Sperti 16 min/day at very close distance, sometime touching the lamp.
    Always use goggles when facing Sperti.
    Couple weeks ago I did blood test and sometime this week will get results.
    In context of this discussion I am interested in my vit D levels.
  11. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Ive been using a sperti D lamp this winter 2 to 3 times per week, 10 mins a session and 12 to 15 cm away from skin. I got my D tested last month and clocked in at 128 mmol with a reference range of 75-250.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Desired level:
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    but 1.5x of above is better, but no more than 2x.
    I am afraid I am also going to be low.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Reading in Life in Shaping Life about mammalian milk emitting light, and thinking about denning polar and brown bears giving birth and feeding their cubs, being uncoupled, fat burning and recycling their NIR etc, a possible hack for a problem in a low quantum yield might be lots of grounding etc, but how about a Mom using the Quantlet or similar to increase their own quantum yield of the right frequencies? Better able to optimise light frequencies in their breast milk?
    nonchalant likes this.
  14. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I get my new born out almost daily in the winter and expose him to the outdoor sun even on cloudy days...... I get him naked often.... My doctor suggested a mutli and V D sup but he just doesn't need it.... He came out premature with no jaundice or light issues... Mom loaded on sun and omega 3's, seafood etc. His skin tone has always been great. He gets momma's milk, sleeps on a magnetico and grounds with daddy often. I also give him a little F cod liver oil as well from time to time. We have worked on setting his circadian rhythm and now just over 3 months sleeps through the night with about a 6-7 hour stretch did 8 last night. We run yellow lights at night and he wakes up with the sun. All wifi and technology is off at night. Has not had a cell phone close to him. I treat it like cigarette smoke and warn people to stay away. He also likes tub time with mom or dad and had been underwater already holding his breath for dunks..... This kid is going to get a great life start......

Just telling you this just because there is much more you can do as well.

But yeah I go out of my way to get him natural lighting......