1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sources for Good Seafood

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Patty Cakes, Mar 28, 2013.

1. I scanned the forum looking for links/sources for good seafood and cannot find them. I'm sure this will be a great resource for all future forum readers as well

Please post the links to online seafood sources. Thanks!

2. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Mira and Jason Calton- Rich Food Poor Food Resource center, lists Tuna, Salmon etc. that are micronutrient full! and no BPA.... if looking for canned crab meat... Miller's Select from Whole Foods is in BPA free cans (which is the only brand I have found beside Vital Choice)

3. Vicster

Vicster New Member

Meghan, makes some good suggestions. I'm fortunate to buy most seafood locally, but I do order salmon from Vital Choice.
    http://www.vitalchoice.com/shop/pc/home.asp

It's expensive but really good quality. If you order the big fillets and cut them up yourself you can save some money.

4. Thanks to both of you! I will check those out. I had read about Vital Choice and that was one of the links I was looking for!

5. Hope

Hope Gold

Vital Choice also regularly has coupon codes for 10-15% off. I like to get the tiny shrimp, pretty good deal....given that they are tested etc.

6. Hope

Hope Gold

Also, not sure if this would be helpful to you, but.....I found this place last fall, by accident. They mostly deal with restaurants and stores/companies, but they list a lot of the restaurants they serve. Looking for places to eat, I ended up finding a NC company that does trout from a farm that is mercury-free. Some day I want to visit their farm - they let you do that! :) I had the trout in a couple restaurants and it is super yummy. Pricey, but yummy.

Perhaps you can find more companies through them? Good luck!

http://www.inlandseafood.com/default.asp

http://www.sunbursttrout.com/

7. Vicster

Vicster New Member

Dr. K mentioned that his friend owns Inland Seafood and they ship to him in Nashville. So that looks like a good choice!

8. After perusing Vital Choice's site it appears as if their seafood is mostly Pacific. I'm trying to get more fish that is away from the radiation of Fukashima.

9. Hope

Hope Gold

10. Hope

Hope Gold

That's awesome! I wish we had the space to store things in the quantities they ship!!!!!

11. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

I called Inland Seafood. The lady who answered said they only sell to restaurants and markets. Hmm...

12. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

I just got Natural Sea Canned Salmon (BPA FREE) as recommended by Jason and Mira Calton (Rich Food Poor Food) and it's delicious...not sure what sea it comes from though....