1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Solid Improvements

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Martin, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Martin

Martin Gold

The Ache
    My latest successes have been around the Mitochondrial RX and how it's given me some much needed relief with this chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia that got ramped up five years ago after a severe illness. Some things have helped a little, but when I got into my third week of the RX, things shifted towards less pain, more energy.

Useful Work
    I continued adding and subtracting the different supplements to get a sweet spot and it has really helped. I am able to do more chores and work on projects and actually have fun doing it! I take things in stride a lot better. I have done some gardening and orchard work after nearly two years of virtual inactivity. I've been able to redo some poor wiring in the house to lessen the fields.

Focus!
    Mental clarity has improved as well. I'm not burning pots on the stove so much these days. I don't forget to feed my chickens… and my dog. And, oh yeah, my DW! I do the cooking these days, as some of you may know. Mentally, it's brought me out of a funk that was no fun at all.

Going Exterior
    I find myself being further "out" from my body with less pain. I'm not imploding with the chronic ache in my legs and arms like before. I'm looking "outward" like I used to do, and re-starting old dreams and projects, and even some art has come up on the radar.

Self-Absorption
    I move around the farm here, but don't exercise as such, but I've become more muscular by just eating more like a Great White. My skin staying tighter than the other guys I know that are my age. Lots of water and bone broth soups. I pass a mirror and have to stop and admire my good looks, and it's hard to get away from a full length mirror these days. That's what Big Headed people do. It's a healthy ego trip. Just wait 'til I start working out! A certain Aussie we all know and love may start paddling northward heading this way!

Sleep like a Dummy
    I sleep like a baby, it's usually 9 to 10 hours, and while it's still tough to get up, it's a lot easier these months and years on this Paleo journey. I don't stay up late anymore, and find I look forward to sleep soon after the sun goes down. Blue blockers, of course.

Meal Tickets
    My appetite has stabilized a lot. My in-between meal cravings and crashes have all but disappeared. I never snack… well, almost. I do sardines often. It's an inexpensive way to get my DHA. I've done oysters, salmon, other fish, shrimp, and all the paleo foods in between. Coconut oil is my best friend. Butter is my lover. Curcumin is my next conquest.

What a Drip
    Okay, I'm going out here a bit. I didn't think I could ever admit to this, but it's huge for me and the perfect thing to share to cut-down-to-size the guy with the Big Head. Since the Mito RX, I've been able to stop wearing those g**damn diapers! I was having a little trouble with the little guy drooling a bit and finally had to buy the things and figured that I'd have to for the rest of my life. Not! What a win! There, I said it. I know many of you are crushed and disheartened, perhaps put off a bit, but I can assure you, I'm back in the game!

I have a way of life now that I can do rather than try. I'm not lost in a world of latest and greatest "diet this", and "eat that", crusades that fall short of what a Human needs.

This is the place! I'm home.

And even posting more.

B. G. Head

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Cpt.Tired, MrPinkies, Jude and 2 others like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Well Martin ...what can I say .....you already know that I am crazy about you [and I do have standards!] I am overwhelmed and overjoyed for you and, almost speechless....You are an amazing man and gentleman ...your DW is one lucky woman....

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have got to get me a big picture ..... you are having way to much fun these days.....:)

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Martin a tip for you......begin eating lots of oyster mushrooms.......and if you can source some turkey tail mushrooms get them......and begin to eat a lot of them as the light cycle shrinks into fall.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have been musing about something you said - well I love all of it ....you talk of a "healthy ego trip". I do enjoy looking in a mirror now and again [sometimes naked] ...so our dopamine levels are better ......we have done some major rewiring here haven't we??? God knows where we will be a year from now.....we aren't getting older- we are getting way, way better :)

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Great improvements Martin! Glad you are doing so well these days.

You know if Audrey goes and gets herself a great big head too, you will have started a trend :)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am going to work on that! altho I have so few pics of me .....horrible body image issues. Well that was before - and this is now!

8. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Martin, something you wrote really struck a chord with me...

I remember coming out of my illness and the pain and fatigue to experience little bits of "normal" here and there. To get things done and plan to do more was glorious! But when I got a glimpse of my creativity returning it was amazing. You mentioned art and it brought back that great memory :)

You go ahead and buff that ego to a high shine...and enjoy every damn moment. It's time :)

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

great success Martin! glad to see things are on an upswing!!! WHOOT.

I will say just being outside working and playing all weekend was so revitalizing... Wishing I could make it happen daily for more than just 30min windows...

10. bonsaiz

bonsaiz New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Martin is always motivating ...among other things.....

12. Red20

Red20 Gold

It is amazing how alike our symptoms are. I have that annoying dripping problem right after I urinate. Did you used to have spine pain also?